Home..

Home..

A Story by +Naomi+
"

About a run-away finding a person who understands

"
I sit on the curb, waiting...
My tears run black as I cry, salty drops of water hitting the cement with a soft plop. I shouldn't of worn eyeliner today. Course...You guys shouldn't have reacted that way either. It's no big deal.

Maybe I'll go back one day, I think, Just to see you both.
Maybe not, you WILL hate me then, I'll just ruin your life again.

Cars screech by on the street, I need to get to New York. I stick out my thumb, the way I see it in the movies. A sleek blue Toyota Prius stops and a young woman lets me in. She's nothing like what I expected. I had expected an old perverted man, unshaven, with a crappy car, and an interest in young girls. But this woman wore a smile, and locks of platinum-blonde hair hung long past her pale delicate shoulders. The woman also had a little kid in the backseat, who was playing on a DS-lite and kicking the passenger seat.
 
"Honey," the woman said, her accent thick, like a southern, "Where do you live? I'll take you home now." 
She smiled at me again, her straight teeth gleaming white.

I can't go home with you guys there..

I wiped my eyes again, knowing all I was going was smearing black all over my face. I had to lie to her, I thought. Yet when I opened my mouth, I told her. 
"2327 Utah Avenue." I say quietly as I climbed into the seat beside her.
I'm going home, I think.

You'll be there...

"Sweetie, are you running away?" The woman asks on the way, turning on her blinker as we start to move down 4th street. I look down and fumble with the glass buttons on my plain black sweater.
"I was trying to.." I say as she nods, her shocking white smile suddenly gone.
She looks at me sincerely, her green eyes full of sentiment.

"It would've been a mistake, ya know..." She whispers.

I stare at the woman as she pulls onto another road. How would would this woman know? Her life...It would seem perfect, at my perspective. But maybe her mom has abusive...Maybe her father raped her...Or maybe she just had a tortured life at school.
The rest of the ride is in silence as I wonder.

I get out of the Prius wondering still. The little girl--Emma--waved from the window, and I wave a little wave back, without smiling. They pull out of the driveway and make they're way along the road, and I linger out in the cold for a moment, contemplating why I came back. Then I turn and look at the house. The paint is chipping and the picket fence is muddy brown from the years it's endured through all the storms and rain.

I'm home though, either way.

In the window, my mom's crying and you're on the phone talking hurriedly.
The only two people who really know me...
My mom and my dad.
I turn the knob slowly, hearing a click as it opens and I step into doorway.

You look up and so does mom.

I'm home...

© 2011 +Naomi+


Author's Note

+Naomi+
Be nice..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

:) I like the ending, I was thinking it would be sad but it was kinda happy :) amazing

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
I really enjoyed reading this! Lots of sadness, but that's what makes it nicely portrayed. I can feel every emotion, and see everything as I read. Very nice job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like this..It has a lot of emotion..and it spoke to me. Nicely done(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


Too sad Naomi ): it's beautiful though. I love the format and the imagery... reat job (:
100/100

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice piece of writing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Running away from problems is always the wrong answer. You got to face your fears.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hm, for some reason it reminds me of the music video of "So Small" By Carrie Underwood...I did like this though. Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good story. Easy to learn to appreciate home when you are alone and scare. The word "home" is under-rated. I remember coming home from war. My only desire was to be in the safety of my parent house. I like the story flow and the ending. A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm with you Ill Naomi,
This is the kind of runaway poem that requires intelligence and a grasp of feeling and flow to run with. Everything is turned. She doesn't get attacked by some rapist shitwad, but meets a helper.
The seen it in movies line gives you the flair of reality, that almost pokes fun at what you're doing.

Plain and simple.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww:) This is really good. I likes this a lot! Well done:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

903 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2010
Last Updated on May 10, 2011
Tags: Run, Running, Gothic, Emo, Sad, Running Away, Lonely

Author

+Naomi+
+Naomi+

Chicago, IL



About
Hey. I'm Naomi Williams. I'm 13 years old and have been writing since...well ever since I can remember. I tend to write some really weird poetry that usually comes out of what I'm feeling at that mome.. more..

Writing
Scars. Scars.

A Poem by +Naomi+


Amanda. Amanda.

A Poem by +Naomi+



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by +Naomi+