Moon white flowers

Moon white flowers

A Poem by Moonie
"

This is a poem for one of my characters.

"
The snow and winds are gone,
the chill sets sail,
Still, in my mind, I hear his whispers
 and soft singing.
His pale hand clasping
around my beating heart,
balming the motion, 
slowing it,
letting it fade sweetly, 
into the night, 
like the fragrance of
moon white flowers. 

© 2014 Moonie


Author's Note

Moonie
"Death is delightful. Death is dawn, The waking from a weary night Of fevers unto truth and light."
--James Russell Lowell
This is a poem for one of my characters in the book I am trying to write. Review and comment please, tell me what you think of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I see a goddess reciting this poem while imagining of her pirate lover. Haha I don't know if this is the character your crafted in your story but this poem is really good. It seem to talk about lovers waiting and longing to be reunited with each other again. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a lovely, beautiful poem! Very... poetic ;) Great job!!! :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


Moonie

9 Years Ago

Hahaha, being poetic was my intention. Lol!
Thanks for the review, dearest Kieta(whose prof.. read more
I like the connection you drew between fading into death (I assume) and the fading scent of a beautiful flower.
Favorite line "chill sets sail" I know this line isn't the heart of the piece, but it sits nicely on the tongue and I like the thought.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the lovely words, dear Rose. Hmmm, that is my favourite part too. The funny thing is that.. read more
Well, you have me curious about your character! Haha! This is a beautiful pen with lovely imagery. Great job! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Moonie

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the lovely words. The character is the warlock who was sassy enough to challenge death. H.. read more
As of late I have been a bit cautious about the usage of 'the' at the beginning of sentences, I found that unless I was trying to emphasize the singularity of something, it was best to omit it--especially in poetry. I am thinking that the first line would be best written as "Snow and Wind is gone"... although it is just a matter of opinion; and again, you may prefer to emphasize the idea (difference between that movie was s**t, and that movie was the s**t... :P ). I would also recommend dropping 'his' from the third line, since it gives it a more surreal feeling, and the 'his' feels better introduced later in the poem (although it could work to drop both of them... depending on how open to interpretation you wanted this) It may also be good to remove 'around', since it feels redundant with the verb clasping before it. Realize that punctuation is not strictly necessary in poetry; it is used less to bridge clauses and clarify, and more for its effect. I bring this up because the commas near the end give this poem a 'run-on comma splice' feeling; I recommend mixing up the punctuation, or removing a few of them. Ummm... also try having 'sweetly' be its own line, see how you like it; it honestly works either way, but somehow it feels like there should be a pause and emphasis on it. In any case, this had a nice mystical feeling to it; I really enjoy surrealism, so I admittedly enjoy images such as this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

9 Years Ago

A constructive review, at last! Phew!
I like the idea about keeping "sweetly" all by its own, .. read more
Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

Punctuation is tricky, since its purpose is very different between prose and poetry. Another option.. read more
beautiful and majestic. Like a breeze across my face. I enjoyed this very much. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the words, dear awakened rose. I appreciate that you stopped by. :))
A chilly atmosphere of a beautiful scenery, with an ending I really enjoyed. This shall be quite an interesting character.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

9 Years Ago

Ah, thank you, dear Elvenom. The character is the warlock who challenged death. He makes a small ap.. read more
A beautiful look at death. I cant wait to read this book :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

9 Years Ago

Alas! But the book is a lazy one, that does not want to get completed soon, however hard I try.
read more
Moonie

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the lovely review. :)) I wrote this since the "read more" above did not change to a link.
Taylor_McCutcheon

9 Years Ago

lol I understand :) and no problem
This is beautiful, I like that you wrote a poem about one of your characters.
Cleverly played. ^^

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

9 Years Ago

Thanks, dear bluefire. Always glad to hear from you. :))
Bluefire

9 Years Ago

You be welcome. ^^
How beautiful you have put death. You have a way with words that captivate me. Amazing job!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

9 Years Ago

Aww, thanks a lot, dear Christian.
This by far is the best one I have read simple and sweet and you are clear in your message I love it please read mine also thanks

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, dear ma'am. It is an honour for me to hear from you.:))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1472 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 6, 2014
Last Updated on July 6, 2014
Tags: moon, magic, magical, chill, cold, white, moon flowers

Author

Moonie
Moonie

About
If you're a dreamer, come in If you're a dreamer, a wisher, a liar A hope er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer, If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin .. more..

Writing
Dark things Dark things

A Poem by Moonie


August August

A Poem by Moonie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Halloween Halloween

A Poem by Moonie