Goblincore

Goblincore

A Poem by Moonie
"

~chaos, mud and dirt~

"
plastic treasures and thrift store jewels
worms, broken glass and toadstools
buttons of every color and shape
buried beneath the landscape
feral frogs frolic in the ferny gloom
midst the muddy madcap mushrooms
there's wicked witchery in these woods
goblins waiting in their mossy hoods
below the bitter bones of trees
fossilized bugs, snails and rusty keys
in the late october breeze
thieving and hoarding their shinies

© 2022 Moonie


Author's Note

Moonie
Goblincore is an aesthetic inspired by the folklore of goblins. It celebrates the parts of nature that are not conventionally beautiful like soil, mushrooms, frogs and second-hand objects. It also celebrates clutter and chaos.

I intentionally wrote this poem without proper punctuation to emphasize the chaotic nature of this aesthetic. I hope the lack of punctuation is not too distracting. This was a fun poem to write, especially with Halloween just around the corner. Suggestions for improvement are welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A perfect little poem for this time of year, very whimsical and ghoulish. It is a collection of items, thoughts, ideas and visions that gather in the mind. It makes me think of a brew, a witch's brew or maybe a witch's pantry. Either way the poem was to read.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

1 Year Ago

I think whimsical and ghoulish are the perfect adjectives to describe what i was going for! Thanks f.. read more



Reviews

Absolutely magical. Loved every word of it. Felt transported to an enchanted forest for a moment. Wouldn't change a thing.
My only "critical" comment would be about the syllable count. Again, it's brilliant as it is, but you can always make it more musical if you keep the syllable count steady. And that's just an opinion.

Posted 5 Months Ago


dear Moonie... every Season has its treasures.
Goblins always make me more compatible.
Pumpkins smile...to Greet the naughty Monsters ...
tenderly, Pat

Posted 9 Months Ago


Very interesting aesthetic indeed, bringing the reading into the toad/troll/forest/fairyland. I especially appreciate the conclusion about the "shinies"

Posted 1 Year Ago


it whisked me away to another dimension where anything is possible and the unexpected becomes reality. goes to show how so much can come from what is deemed so little. this is where the good "stuff" of life lives - mystery in obscurity. cool accompanying pic. bravo ... :)

Posted 1 Year Ago


Moonie

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much for the kind words!
Great use of alliterations. Love the idea here of celebrating the parts of nature that some would not find conventionally beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

1 Year Ago

Thank you! I love using alliteration in poetry. :)))
Quietstorm

1 Year Ago

You're welcome! I'm starting to use more alliterations
Although Halloween has passed, the spirit remains, and this is one of the best poems I've read on the subject. Such verbal skills and imagination!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

1 Year Ago

Woah, thanks for the huge compliment!! :))
No wasted words dear Moonie. You took the reader on a fieldtrip of your thoughts. The words danced to meaningful places and the reader could see the many places and thoughts. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

1 Year Ago

Thank you for the lovely review, Coyote!
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

You are welcome dear Moonie.
well done .. best Halloween poem i have read this year so far .. love the poetic tools you use to create magic imagery and milk tongue
"feral frogs frolic in the ferny gloom
midst the muddy madcap mushrooms" ... love love love the read my friend! thanks for sharing
E.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

1 Year Ago

Haha i had a feeling you'd like those two lines. Thank you for the review!! :)))
We should celebrate the less perfect in nature and in each other. Balance is what makes us aware of the scales that weigh truth and beauty. I enjoyed the write.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Moonie

1 Year Ago

Yes, exactly! Thank you for the kind review!
I never knew that about goblincore. You learn something new everyday, I guess. :)
I used to have a goblin in my backyard that would store his nuts fallen from a tree in the grass. He was grey and went by the name sammy squirel.

Funny you should mention rusty key. One time I was finding odd things on my front porch and wondered who the kid was playing a joke on me. One day as I opened my front door, a crow was sitting there with a rusted key in front of him. It was then I remembered him sitting in my backyard eating the bread I threw out. He saw me from the window.

Crows have been known to bring gifts to people who feed them. Go figure. Now if he could just leave the car that went with the key... :))

Nice poem Moonie, and the lack of punctuation is fine with me. I see it on another web site anyway and they're not even trying to be chaotic. lol

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonie

1 Year Ago

Lol at the squirrel story. Now that i read the poem again, the whole vibe really fits squirrels a lo.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Tags: Halloween, goblin, goblins, woods, forest, goblincore, cottagecore, poem, poetry

Author

Moonie
Moonie

About
If you're a dreamer, come in If you're a dreamer, a wisher, a liar A hope er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer, If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin .. more..

Writing
Dark things Dark things

A Poem by Moonie


August August

A Poem by Moonie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..