Deep Sleep

Deep Sleep

A Chapter by The Secret Writer
"

Jade realizes a change in her life....or should I say her dreams...or both...

"

     It's weird how life seems so lifeless to me.There is absolutely no point in my life.The only interesting thing about me is my name. My name is Jade Everest.Everyday I wake up and repeat the same things over and over again.It's like hell only without the heat. No excitement,No fun,and No change. The most excitement I get out of my life is taking a bus to work.My whole life has been but a long endless routine.To me, I am a stepping stool for others to succeed in life.I am worthless. The only hope I have now are in my dreams. The only thing I used to look forward to at the end of every day is sleep.That deep coma like sleep where dreams come alive and only what you want to happen will happen. At least for others that's how it is. My dreams became something more than just dreams. They became real.They became Alive.

     It all started on January 3, 2009.My first day at my new job and I was running late,really late. I took the bus going towards Piedmont Ave..Traffic in Georgia never gets better so I was actually later than I thought. I decided to get off the bus and run since it would be alot quicker. Little did I know that something dreadful would happen. I got off that bus and immediatly after I was hit by an oncoming car. Now naturally people hit by oncoming cars going at sixty-five miles per hour usually die. But I only had a couple bruises and a very bad headache.This apparently strikes people odd when they see me in almost perfect condition after getting hit by a car going at sixty-five miles per hour..Even though I had not been completely injured and I told them I was fine.They insisted I get a check-up at a hospital anyway.When I got there my bruises were gone.It was like I was never even hit.I only had one thought on my mind.What exactly happened when I got hit by that car? Funny thing is I couldn't remember a thing.So when they asked me what happened I lied and said that the car didn't hit me.The people who took me to the hospital said that they saw me get hit by the car.No matter what they said I didn't change my answer.

     I kept telling the lie over and over till I started to believe it.I was scared to find out what really happened. Then it occured to me that I may have just told a lie that may have been the truth. So with that in mind I was confused and exhausted. I decided to call in sick and go back home to rest. I was slightly disappointed with myself when I called in because it was my first day at my new job.Well it was supposed to be. It was only 5:30 in the afternoon but I was feeling really sleepy. I changed into some blue shorts and a tank top then collapsed on the bed.My room was really hot since the air conditioner wasn't working.I quickly made a note to get the air conditioner fixed and posted the sticky note on the to do list board.It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.The heat soothed my head so I fell asleep almost instantly. This was the beggining of my deep sleep.



© 2010 The Secret Writer


Author's Note

The Secret Writer
Don't criticize....I may get creative...XP

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
Added on February 10, 2010
Last Updated on May 21, 2010
Tags: deep, Sleep


Author

The Secret Writer
The Secret Writer

Takadea



About
I am someone of secrets.Someone of silence.Someone of anyone or anything.I am a lit candle that burns with only one purpose.I am the light that guides the mind.I am your conscience....... Just Kidd.. more..

Writing