Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland

A Story by Narvia
"

A very short, dark story that's a little twist off the original.

"
Alice in Wonderland. 

Sometimes, it is better to be lost in our thoughts than trapped in our realities. 
Sometimes, our imagination is our only escape from our situation. 

Alice was playing hide and seek. She was in a warm, safe clearing in a forest. She had her eyes closed, counting. 
eighty-nine, ninety, ninety-one...
It had been a long, tiring day and she was happy to be laughing as all her problems were pushed to the back of her mind. She sat comfortably with loud bird song in her ears. 
Butterflies waltzed through the air in between towers of cow parsley and swathes of ferns, all protected by an encircling wall of trees that barricaded out all the fear and worry, leaving a small haven for Alice to play in. 
ninety-two, ninety-three, ninety-four...
The sun beat down, hot and heavy on her back. She had four friends to find, which should be easy as she could hear their chattering and footsteps. They were never good at this game. But wait. What was that noise? Alice thought she could hear a menacing buzzing and feared it may be a hornet or wasp trying to break through the tangle of bushes and thorns that surrounded her safe place. She pushed it to the back of her mind. 
ninety-five, ninety-six, ninety-seven...
Laura was speaking loudly behind Alice, now she would be easy to find. Alice chuckled and thought to herself "They really aren't very good at this game."
Oh, how she wished the game could last longer; that she might sit in the haze and happiness of the sun and never go home. But Alice could not keep her eyes closed forever. 
ninety-eight, ninety-nine, one-hundred. 
The old, familiar buzzing grew louder. 
"Coming, ready or not!"
She could not keep her eyes closed forever. 
Alice's eyes flew open as the nurse thrust the rubber into her mouth. Alice struggled, but her arms were strapped to the chair with thick, black straps that cut into her wrists. 
"It's not getting better Doctor. said the nurse, harshly. "She's been laughing to herself all day, we should continue with the therapy."
The Doctor flicked the switch. The hornet broke through the thorns, but the buzzing was now all that was in her head. 

© 2015 Narvia


Author's Note

Narvia
This is my first piece of writing for a long time, I'm just getting back into it. Please ignore formatting, I just want to focus on if I managed to create suspense and the actual story. Thanks guys!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your work. Trying something new can be hard at first, but you have talent. Keep trying and I know you’ll go far. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I love it. So descriptive. I am jealous.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Narvia

8 Years Ago

Thank you. That really means a lot!
Hi :) I'm new to all of this, and this would probably be my first review...

Anyway, i would just like to tell you that I loved this piece! I was caught off guard. It never occurred to me what was truly happening, 'cause i was too preoccupied by what was already in front of me.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Narvia

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm new to it all too so it's nice to know somebody though it was good.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 17, 2015
Last Updated on June 17, 2015

Author

Narvia
Narvia

United Kingdom



About
Hello all, I'm very new to writing as I thought I'd try a new hobby! I've always loved fantasy novels and admire anyone who can create a whole world and many lives just with words. I'm looking forward.. more..