Thing called LIFE

Thing called LIFE

A Poem by Natalie C
"

Mindless ramblings, please do not pay any attention to me, just needed to blow off some steam.

"

 

 

 

Who am I?

Do you know?

Who are you?

Do I know?

What is the purpose of this thing we call life?

 

L * I * F * E

 

You were born to die

Where is the justice in that?

Live your life as if you are dying

My friend,

 

YOU ARE…

 

Eventually we all die

Young,

Old,

The innocent

ripped from its mother’s flesh

The criminal

Who should never be allowed another breath

 

 - WE ALL DIE -

 

So what is it about life?

 

What is it that makes us get up in the morning?

 

What is it that we are working for?

 

For yourself?

No, remember, you die!

For others?

They die too!

For a legacy?

That eventually dies as well!

 

So what is it then?

 

Is it really worth all the suffering?

 

The unspeakable pain?

 

Life get’s better with time…

 

WHEN?

 

FOR HOW LONG?

 

Happiness is overrated

Reserved only for the few lucky souls

Whom have the power to see the brighter side of eternity

 

Funny I should mention that,

 

E

T

E

R

N

I

T

Y 

 

What is that?

 

What does it means?

 

Does it mean that even after death,

Everything is going to be the same?

Would my walk of shame ever end?

Are we all just puppets in some sick game?

 

Or is there really something to this thing called life?

 

Guess there must be,

How else would one explain our existence?

No matter how big or small

 

I am just hoping that this is worth the ride

That in the end we all survive

 

‘Cause my soul is tired

My heart grey

I am just praying for the day

When I will finally pass away

© 2008 Natalie C


Author's Note

Natalie C
Mindless ramblings, please do not pay any attention to me, just needed to blow off some steam.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

These are very mindful 'mindless ramblings'.

Live your life as if you are dying
My friend,
YOU ARE� Very true and something I try to do as much as I can. We all have periods where we don't appreciate life as much as we should. I am thinking I have had more than my fair share so hopefully it'll be peachy from now on.

Do all legacies die? I'm not sure about that... I guess they would if everyone who knew the legacy died with it. And why does it even matter what we leave behind anyway... we will be completely oblivious to it (in my opinion). Eventually humans are going to destroy this planet and probably humankind with it. So we could argue what's the point in anything. But then I don't think any of us would feel happy with that attitude because even at our hardest times there is hope glowing within. That's what makes the hard times so hard - because we are not resigned to such suffering.

My overall feeling about this thing called life is that, it just is. We will never know why, because there isn't a why. I believe there is a how, but no why. All we can do, in the words of Gandalf, Or Tolkien if you prefer, is make the best with the time that we are given. (I'm a geek).

I often think that the people who have consistent happiness just either hide their pain a lot better than some of us or are emotional zombies.

Well, I am also wandering into the land of ramblings so I'll just say this is a thought provoking piece and not mindless at all.

Thank you for sharing. You have got me thinking and that is always appreciated.

Nick






Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, i think you've said it best. I ask myself these same questions. It's like what is all of this crap for in life, and how are we to survive when we are feeling so down? On faith alone or something? And how does it end? Yea, i know these questions quite well. There are so many of them. Superb, and hands down-amazingly well said ;)

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is amazing! I LOVE IT!!!!!! its so deep and emotional and perfectly perfect! good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think these are questions we all ask ourselves from time to time. Well written poem. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Blow off some steam you did, ive always tried to write a poem on life.
Their kinda hard to get a good flow mainly because we cant answer any of the question we ask, so we write a poem based on question and hope someone answers them soon.
I liked reading this, some question i would ask.
You should ramble on more often, its working out pretty good for you, lol.
Well cant wait for the next dark piece, till then...
Sr.Phil

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ETERNITY - LIFE ...

An excellent rambling, taking on two endless words as you look for their meaning. I just hang onto the hope that eternal life is much better than what we are going through here.
Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

For mindless ramblings you bring up some great points, especially that the moment we are born we're dying... I think life is what we make of it and enjoying the little pleasures and love those close to us... that is some intellectual steam you blew off though, has me thinking now.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It's no wonder you're great at collaborative work, you have an amazingly conversative mind! I'm reading your words and I'm completely engaged, nodding, shrugging, feeling.
This is philosophical, questions and answers roaming about your mind.
I guess there's no straight answer to existence. Because the answer 'We are here to live,' is still such a paradox anyway, but I truly believe it. We get up in the morning because we're here to get up in the morning. We work because we are here to work. We hope, we laugh, we cry, we dance, because it's what we're here for. The reason is Because.
Living things are alive to be alive. The problem with humans is that we think too much about it :-). The busy bees don't worry too much about it, simply carry on.
But then we think because we're also here to think, not to simply carry on, and I guess in our musings we add more substance and vitality to the original science of being.
I interprete your words to be more about being tired of aspects of life, not life itself; things that go right or wrong, things that make sense or don't make sense, an awful day or year, even an awful person or people, places.
I don't want to sound like Pollyanna. I just want to say that it's my choice to dwell upon the good things to get by from day to day - they make it all more amazing. Maybe I'm not even being a Pollyanna. Maybe I'm being a bee :-).
Nice read! With nice reviews; Nicholas, Gary, Orlando ... Thanks for sharing your ramblings x


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is probably the most emotional peice I have ever read. The questions can never, 100% honestly be answered, because there is no answer. Life is different for each of is. Life is what we make of it. Yes, we are all going to die eventually, but, I guess the question should be, what are you going to do with the time you are given? Are you going to sit and wallow in the misery of the pointlessness of this life we are given, or are you going to enjoy the time we do have, even if we do have to feel some pain, so hopelessness, to enjoy ourselves?

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Wonderful write.
Oh oh oh..You made me stirred..my favourite topic..Life,so want to write something..well..Hmmm..Wow..starting from the end. Life's nothing. We'll die. All of us. So these questions are all relevent to some extend. But a few questions still hidden, they cannot be the answers but..Lets see.
Thing called life..is there anything we call life? If yes,where?
Think about it..If you don't get any answer then be merry..Live.
And if you get the answer, then think..those things (or thing) that life really is..Will it die..with us..or we're going to take it, or leave it here..(no matter for whom,because then it'll be of no use for us). If you get this answer..Be merry.
If don't, be merry.

Now..there are lots of hidden questions..but if i'll ask all of them, it'd be a long review..so just a few more.
Death. The most prominent feel all over the poem,you want it,waiting for it to come.
But what actually death is? Mere feeling of lifelessness, or something big? Where is it? Can it be the other side of the same coin,where one side is labelled LIFE? If it is, then how can it be different from life? We didn't feel life before..as we haven't felt death yet. It can be same. So why waiting? It'll come on its own..you know you'll die..like everyone..so my dear dearer dearest friend..why are you waiting? Why not enjoying this life..so as to experience this existance..If you waste this so called Life..just to wait for death to come..i fear you won't be able to enjoy death. Because if you cannot enjoy Existance..how come you'll enjoy Non Existance! You're waiting for death now,who can guarantee you won't wait for life [or something else] once you'll die? Dear don't wait, As all you need to do only one thing, ENJOY. Be it life or death. Just Enjoy.
Life is here,be merry. Death will be here, be merry. And after death..if something else would happen..then also be Merry. We're not born to die,but to Enjoy. Who can say this thing called life, is actually life? It can be death,or something else,we don't know..We'll come to know once we move from this form..Then it'll be clear that oh..So this was life,or death or something between or something else...
So the gist of all the above write is to enjoy what ever you are facing.
Let the mystery be a mystery,don't get confused. Relax. Enjoy.
I know you said it was a mindless rumble..but i thought it was not. Lol. Take care.
Blessings.. Enjoy.
~rupam

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wow. Really. I can really feel you in this, and you feel what so many others feel. That inevitable circle of impending doom. Many people don't realize things like this until later in life. The fact that, someday, we'll all make a celestial trip, wherever it leads.
You really pinpoint so many aspects of it too. Young people generally think of themselves as invincible. They never think it'll end. I learned this to be completely untrue as I believe you may have, judging only from context clues, of course.
No matter who or when or how it ends, it is almost always painful. Always enraging. So many questions that will go unanswered and so many thoughts twisting and turning and tightening in a most painful manner. People shake your hand or hug you, something consoling, and they always say something like you have written "Life gets better with time." When you're still naive you may think so, but the older and wiser you get the more you begin to understand, it's not true. Time does not heal all. Time brings more death, more pain, more heartache and hardships. You never understand why.
It is helpful to vent and you have done so beautifully. All of it shows that no matter what life throws your way, it all makes you stronger. It shapes you. If you hadn't taken life in stride, I don't think you could have written something like this. Fantastic.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

602 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 3, 2008
Last Updated on April 3, 2008

Author

Natalie C
Natalie C

South Africa, South Africa



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain