Hypocritical Oath

Hypocritical Oath

A Poem by Natalie C
"

This is a special dedication to all those people out there who thinks it is alright to judge people before having a long good look at themselves first

"

Hypocrites, stand up!

Let the world see your superficial faces

You, yes you my artificial friend,

With your holier than thou expression

Step away from your supposed light

‘Cause your phony path

Is already paved with bloodied thorns

Not from the crown of Christ

But with spears from the dark one’s face 

 

Coming out in the deathbed of the night,

Feeding from energy locked behind shadows

As carelessly the vampires deviously roam

Sitting there, writing your supposed note

Of a suicide which would never please the cross.

Sleeping with voodoo dolls and ghost

You made your cradle underneath

A hallowed moon, a razor wired shrine

That would never wash away coercion of yesterday.

 

Waking up at night, pleading to a false god

Wishing for powers you could never control

In your self righteous quest of ruling the world

As your mortal hunt turns into false gold

Just dragging your feet, leaving a visible trail

For those whom thrive in darkness’s light   

Craving the vengeance, you etched upon their hearts

Choosing so carefully, a faith that has died

As you try one last time to imprison a life that has departed life's skies

 

 

© 2008 Natalie C


Author's Note

Natalie C
This is a special dedication to all those people out there who thinks it is alright to judge people before having a long good look at themselves first

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! This is ... well.... intense!

Clear in its message -- judge not lest thee be judged
but I find that when I judge others for passing judgment --
I am guilty of the same. It is truly a vicious cycle --
almost a never-ending one.
I think if we approach life with a loving and kind view --
try to encourage eachother rather than tear
eachother down -- stop envying (huge cause of judgment) --
start removing the logs in our own eyes before trying to pluck the
splinter out of another's -- so on and so forth -- then we would
truly see a difference in this world.
Loving one's self is when loving others becomes simple.
That's the key.
Now, I need to go back and read my own words --
and apply them -- myself.

Exceptional work and awesome message!! Thank you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm often grateful that those who wish they had magical powers don't since they would use them to destroy anyone who disagreed with them. Of course words have power as do hurtful looks and expressions. I think we've all be victims of things like that or seen it happen to others. I remember when Matthew Shepard was beaten to death for being gay by a couple of homophobic idiots. At his funeral there were "Christians" which I place in quotes because their actions showed them to be no where near the teachings of Christ since they stood outside of the church where his parents were mourning the loss of their son, which posters proclaiming that God was glad their gay was dead. Someone asked me where I thought Jesus was in all this..and I said was with the parents No question to me. Jesus has always been with those who were unfairly treated and judged. It's funny how many who pretend to be his followers don't understand that as they pretend to themselves that hatefulness is pleasing to him. Hypocrites indeed.

Well written work here. Powerful to the point of being jarring. You really poured out all of your feelings here and as you can see you got me thinking as well. :)


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Say it loud say it proud my sister. You captured so much here it left me in awe. I am proud to call you friend and to know that you have the will and courage to write such powerful expression of truth. I say show your face to all those that hide there in the shadows behind what they call good intentions and let you and your action truly be know. I don't know how some people can look into the mirror and be happy about what they see, knowing the deeds they have done.

Great job!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow i love the dark intense overtone of this piece and you speak the truth with such a straight forward approach... you should never judge a book by it's cover is how the saying goes but there are so many who instantly judge others by their wealth or looks and many other factors... i know I would have missed out on many friends if I would do that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this! You know, my parents forced my into a church that I hated when I was young. It was more of a social gathering than anything and I always seemed to be the odd man out. Everyone judged everyone and I had a lot of clashes there. People somehow think they can look at you and look at everyone else, but no one is looking back at them. Your work has struck a deep cord in me. The first stanza is enough. The bluntness of it, and the anger behind it, it's wonderful. You keep going. "[S]upposed note of suicide which would never please the cross." Man, it's so good. Thank you for sharing this with me! It's got my blood running hot =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A******s unite - and they should all have to wear an a*****e tattooed upon their forehead for all the world to see. Screw a scarlet letter - make it more permanent - more noticeable.

Although, as they read this piece those guilty will think you wrong for writing it in the first place.

As for me, I say carry on and keep writing what they don't like.

What are words unless they incite passion for thought and action?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ooo, yea, i agree with Fallen Angel, too. These a******s think that they know every little single thing on this Earth, too. They think that they're some bigshots that own everything, and everything they see or touch. It's very conceited people like these that get our society into trouble, and us poor people have to clean up their s**t right after them. Very strong poem. Im with you on this hehe.

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

it is good pome

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Very strong and very powerful. I could hear the verses shouting the vehement words as I read.
We have all probably been a hypocrite at some point in our lives - sometimes it can be hard to acknowledge your own feelings or reasons for doing something. But we can - and must - strive for self-awareness. Until we have that we have no right to criticise others. Very well said with trademark imagery.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

well done Natalie, missed your writing. This had to be said. perfect title, structure and rhyme. and overwhelming message! don't go, stay here. I look forward to read more. lara.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Your words evoke passion, and metaphors reinforce theme. Oh, I love it, the hallowed moon, razored shrine, bloodied thorns... More importantly you probe the reader's mind, and hopefully the mind is opened as one understands that life isn't merely 'black' or 'white'.... Life occurs in a vast array of colors... I guess the question then becomes...'Does the reader 'want' to 'hear' the message? You know the old cliche about walking in another's shoes? Hugely enjoyable read Natalie. Welcome back, my friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1114 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 19, 2008
Last Updated on August 19, 2008

Author

Natalie C
Natalie C

South Africa, South Africa



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Those Arms Those Arms

A Poem by Natalie C


Buttercup Buttercup

A Poem by Gary H


The Rising The Rising

A Poem by Natalie C