Chapter 1 - School

Chapter 1 - School

A Chapter by Natalie
"

Caylee goes to school

"

   My bedroom door slammed open and I shot up in bed, looking for my little sister that was usually the cause.
   "Caylee, get up. It's time for school." My little sister said, jumping at the end of my bed. Her blond hair was in pig tails like that's anything new and she wore all pink, still, nothing new. She was 9 and still did everything she was told, even waking up her big sister who threatens to kill her every single day of her life. "Mom says it's time to get up."
   "I say it's time to throw you out the window." I told her, kicking her off my bed. "Stay out of my room.."
   "I'm telling mom." She cried, running out of the room. I threw the covers off of my legs and stretched, running my finger's through my hair. It was Tuesday, but we started at our new schools today. For me, it was the nearest high school. It was the same for her, but elementary  I always wished they'd send her to a boarding school, can you tell why?
   "Caylee, Casey told me you kicked her off the bed and threatened to throw her out the window." Mother said, holding my school uniform in her hands. She looked nervous
   "And you're acting surprised why?" I growled and pointed to the door. "Out." She backed out of the room and closed it nervously. 
   I stripped of my clothes and pulled my uniform on. A green shirt with black pants. *Well, at least it isn't a skirt.* I thought, brushing my hair.
   My black book bag sat in the corner, filled with old school supplies and new textbooks. I have had it since I was a little girl, around Casey's age. It's been with me through twenty-one schools, and 4 summer-school programs. I'm surprised it lasted that long.
   "Caylee, hurry up!" My step-father called from downstairs. "Your bus is here."
   "Great, I have to ride the bus to school. If it's a short bus, I'm going to be an orphan." I muttered to myself, pulling my hair into a ponytail before grabbing my bag and running out the door to my bus.
   It was the normal school bus, but it was filled with preps and I groaned, sitting in the back with my paranormal book out. Paranormal, myths, and legends fascinated me for no reason.
   "Look at what we got here." One of the girls said, pulling my book away from me. "A geek. Too bad too, you're really pretty, you could have been one of us."
   "Just give me my book back." I said through gritted teeth. I snatched it from her hand, giving her a paper cut across the palm. "Oops, sorry."
   "You little b***h." She snarled, looking between her hand and my book. "And I thought you could have been one of us."
   "I could never be one of you." I said, returning to my book. "I don't wear make-up, skirts, or see through shirts. I don't sleep with every man I see, and I certainly don't bribe teachers with my body." I looked up at her angry face. "You know what, since you've been standing there, I've noticed the urge to scrub myself with bleach and wool of steal, it must be all the slime and slutyness covering you."
   She stomped off and sat with the cheerleaders, gossiping about something  I wonder if she's talking about me. I snickered at that thought.

I stepped off the bus after all of the other teenagers had, waving goodbye to the bus driver that had saved me from being murdered by the star quarter-back and 'Barbies' boyfriend, Ken Paterson.
   I bumped into Barbie on my way to my locker, slamming her into the locker. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there."
   "You little" she started.
   "Is there something wrong?" The principal asked, walking up beside us. I reached down to help Barbie off the floor.
   "So, I accidentally bumped into her." I lied, pulling Barbie up with one hand, my other wrapped around my new planner. "Right?"
   "Ms. Livston?" The principal asked,
   "Yeah, that's what happened." Barbie said, rubbing her head where she *I* banged it against the locker. "Can I go to the nurse for some ice?"
   "Go." He said to her before turning to me. "Watch where you're going next time."
   "Yes, sir." I saluted and walked to my locker, shoving my books in when I finally got the combination right. The bell rang. "S**t." I cursed under my breath, pulling my planner out and sticking it in my bag.
   I watched as the students either ran to their classrooms, the bathrooms, or the parking lot. I stepped up to the nearest door and looked at the number written next to it. Room 143, my English class. I walked in and the class went silent.

English, History, and Science passed with nothing extra ordinary happening. It was Algebra that stole the show, or should I say the people sitting in the classroom did. Barbie and her s**t-squad, along with her boyfriend and the rest of the jocks.
  Barbie glared at me. Ken growled. The rest of the s**t-squad hissed. The jocks bursted out laughing.
   "Can I help you?" The teacher asked, pushing his glasses further up his nose. He was an older man with black greying hair and grey eyes, but he wore jeans and a the school T-shirt.
   "Yeah, I'm new apparently." I said, glaring at the kids in the class. Most of them looked back grinning, the other's continued to kill me in their minds.
   "Well, just find a seat and welcome to L.J. High School." He said, walking back up to the front, fixing his glasses again.
   I sat farthest from the s**t-squad and sat next to the jocks instead. Yes, I sat next to the guys that could break me in two instead of the s***s that couldn't even scratch me. Yes, I was officially insane.
   The teacher wrote something on the board before sitting at his desk, I glanced at it before one of the guys tried to get my attention. *Just ignore it, it will go away* I told myself, pulling my glasses from my pocket and shoving them on. *Man I hate my glasses.*
   "Hey, new girl." The guy next to me said and I glanced at him, continuing my work. "You look pretty cute with glasses, wanna go out sometime."
   "Says the boy that spends more time getting ready than I do." I snorted, turning the notebook paper over. The guy on my other side snorted. "Don't even try it, pretty boy, you still take more time to perfect your make-up then Barbie does."
   That had the class in laughter with the teacher glaring at me. I smiled sheepishly. Seventeen enemies on the bus, three more during class. I wonder how many more enemies I can make before the day is over.



© 2009 Natalie


Author's Note

Natalie
Chapter 1 of the book Trapped, woopdy doo. Spelling, grammar? Anything wrong?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The writing is still good. I was afraid it would turn typical, and it sorta is. Just be careful with it.
A few things I noticed since you asked:
"It was Tuesday, but we started at our new schools today." That one sounded awkward to me. If you had written, We started at our new schools today despite the fact it was a Tuesday. Just my suggestion.
I stripped of my clothes and pulled my uniform on. A green shirt with black pants. *Well, at least it isn't a skirt.* With this one I think you meant "off" not "of". And the astrics used throughout were strange to me and have never seen them used before. I would italicize the writing instead.
twenty-one schools, and 4 summer-school programs. This one is small but shouldn't you spell out four since you spelled out twenty-one?
see through shirts. You should hyphenate see-through. otherwise it sounds like they see through shirts like it's a skill. lol.
Sorry if I was too critical! I really did enjoy it, can't wait for chapter two! Keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yea, just go along with Sarah's review. Caylee seems to be a MAJOR bi-otch!
If that's how you intended her, a job well done :]

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed reading your book so far. Depending on where you go from here, it's could be really great, like it so far is.
The other reviewer below me covered most of the mistakes, so I won't go into that. But the astrics are kind of confusing for me too.
Anyway. You did a really nice job and I'm excited to see what comes next! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The writing is still good. I was afraid it would turn typical, and it sorta is. Just be careful with it.
A few things I noticed since you asked:
"It was Tuesday, but we started at our new schools today." That one sounded awkward to me. If you had written, We started at our new schools today despite the fact it was a Tuesday. Just my suggestion.
I stripped of my clothes and pulled my uniform on. A green shirt with black pants. *Well, at least it isn't a skirt.* With this one I think you meant "off" not "of". And the astrics used throughout were strange to me and have never seen them used before. I would italicize the writing instead.
twenty-one schools, and 4 summer-school programs. This one is small but shouldn't you spell out four since you spelled out twenty-one?
see through shirts. You should hyphenate see-through. otherwise it sounds like they see through shirts like it's a skill. lol.
Sorry if I was too critical! I really did enjoy it, can't wait for chapter two! Keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2009
Last Updated on April 5, 2009


Author

Natalie
Natalie

Don't Blink, anyone that's ever been here knows what I mean, GA



About
I'm just... Me. I love writing, it's one of my passions. I've been writing since I can remember, but that doesn't go past third grade. It started out as stories of horses, then it went to fanfiction, .. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Book by Natalie


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Natalie