Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Natalie

Kyra stood next the grave, holding the umbrella over her head. The headstone was already worn with age and cracked from the harsh weather. She ran her fingers over the words; her mother's name. Beside her mother's grave was her step-father's. They were both good people, they didn't deserve this, any of it.
            Her step-father had taken her sisters to their class camping trip, he never returned. Her sister's were taken that weekend. And now they were dead, she knew this, even if the police wouldn't tell her. Her mother, well, she died from the grief, leaving Kyra alone at the age of sixteen.
            "You realize it's all your fault." A voice said from behind her. She dropped the umbrella and turned to face the man, claws shooting from her finger tips. She snarled when he started to speak again, her fangs glinting in the moonlight. "You're the reason your mother is dead, you're the reason why your sisters are gone, you're the reason the world is black."
            "You're wrong." She growled at the man. "I am not you. I don't cause mayhem and destruction every where I go. I don't see death on ever corner, and I certainly do not cause people's deaths."
            "But you are my daughter, and one day, you shall accept your rightful place as princess, even if it kills you." The man taunted before disappearing, leaving her alone in the heavily wooded area.
            "I am not your daughter. I am not the princess." She stated to the empty clearing, but knew he would hear her. "I will have my revenge." 
            Her father. He was the devil himself, the one they called Satan. He lived among them, unknown to the pitiful humans that surrounded him everyday. He had murdered her step-father. He had taken her sisters. He had named her his sole heir.


"Kyra, wake up." Taisei said, pulling the covers off her. He was a short tanned boy, with medium brown hair that went to his lower back and bright grey eyes. As a doctor, and Kyra's legal guardian, he was impatient at times. "Come on, Kye, I don't have time for this."
            Kyra groaned and rolled over. Taisei yanked the pillow from under her head before dumping ice water on her. "Jeeze, I'm up, I'm up. Now, get out so I can get dressed."
            He threw a hurry up over his shoulder before closing the door. Rolling her eyes, she changed into a pair of jeans and a black T-shirt. She pulled her ink black hair into a low ponytail while grabbing her bag from the corner. She raced down the stairs, jumped the last three, and stole the box of cereal from her uncle.
            "But that's mine." He whined, reaching for it.
            "Shush.... The cereal, it speaks to me, it says: don't let him eat us." She snickered and ran out of the house, cereal still in hand, to the old blue Chevy. "Hurry up, Uncle, or we'll be late."
            "You've got to be the only girl that's never fashionably late." He shook his head and got in, started the engine, and drove down the street. "You're such a weirdo." They pulled in front of the school. "Can I have my cereal now?"
            "No, it still doesn't want you to eat it." She stuffed the box into her messenger bag before hopping out of the truck. "Bye, Taisei, I'll see you later."
            "Alright, kiddo. Behave, I mean it." He drove off and she rolled her eyes, skipping into the building that held over a thousand students, earning stares from her classmates. She glared at them before walking into the office.
            "May I help you?" The old lady said, looking at her with pale blue eyes. 
            "My name's Kyra Mink, I'm new here." She said and the lady typed something on her computer before handing a packet to another woman who sat next to her. She went through it and pulled out three pieces of paper and a small notebook.
            "Here you go, honey. This is your schedule, your map of the school, and this is your planner, on the inside of the cover is your locker number. This paper must be signed by all of your teachers and returned here at the end of the day." She said, laying everything in a neat pile. "Class starts in fifteen minutes, have a great day."
            "You too." Kyra said, gathering the paper's into her arms before leaving the office in search of her locker. She muttered a stream of curses under her breath. "Why does this school have to be so confusing?"
            "I agree." A man said, walking up to her and wrapping his arms around her shoulder. His dirty blond hair was cut to earlobe length, he had amber colored eyes. "Where do you need to go and I will gladly lead you there, you sexy little thing."
            She kicked him. "One, don't touch me. Two, don't call me sexy. And three, I don't need help from an idiot."
            "Why you..." He said before he was pulled away from her by a taller man, and a more solidly built one. "Oh, um... Hey, Hiro, how's it going buddy?" He stuttered through some of the words.
            "Get out of my sight, Lizard." He said coldly. The boy ran. Walking up to Kyra, he leaned down and whispered in her ear, "He's trouble, you better stay away from him."
            She pushed him away by pressing a finger to his forehead. "I mean, seriously, what's it with boys and getting in my personal bubble at this school? Can't a girl have her space?"
            A few other girls gasped, other's looked outraged. The boy looked amused. "Well sorry, didn't mean to get in your 'personal bubble'." He teased, pulling her with him. "So, I'm Hiro, and as you can see, girls want me. I hope you're not the same way, I'd like to have a friend that's a girl and not drooling on me. 
            "Anyway, here's freshman locker hall, as you can see, nobody hangs out in here." He laughed, and steered her to the right. "These are the English and History classrooms, the ones down that hall are the Math rooms and Science labs. Gym and the other locker rooms are in the other building, easy enough for you to find yourself, I hope. And the bathrooms, water fountains, and vending machines are over there. That concludes our tour for today, that will be two bucks."
            "Sorry, don't have any money with me, so you're out of luck." She said and headed to her locker, down the hall and in the corner. He followed. "Do you have to follow me everywhere?"
            "Let me think... Yes." He said, pulling open her locker for her and grabbing the lock from the top shelf. He handed it to her. "They don't lock the spares anymore, and they put this lock in here for you yesterday."
            "Great." She muttered sarcastically and pushed him out of the way, stuffed her bag in the large locker, grabbed her supplies, and engaged the lock. "Move please."
            "And if I don't?" He asked, stepping in her way. She smiled at him and placed a hand on his shoulder. Her face turned dark as she slammed him into the lockers.
            "I don't like being challenged, and I certainly don't like being late. Stay out of my way, or I'm going to hurt you, understand?" He nodded, his eyes wide, and she let go of him, walking to her English class.



© 2009 Natalie


Author's Note

Natalie
:) The cereal says review please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on May 5, 2009


Author

Natalie
Natalie

Don't Blink, anyone that's ever been here knows what I mean, GA



About
I'm just... Me. I love writing, it's one of my passions. I've been writing since I can remember, but that doesn't go past third grade. It started out as stories of horses, then it went to fanfiction, .. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Book by Natalie


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Natalie