Bird Of The Flames

Bird Of The Flames

A Poem by Nathan Thompson

Phoenix!

Look at the world below, bird of flames.

How does it feel to watch us, through your magic eyes.

You have watched our lives from the dawn of our civilisation. Through the aeons that we have populated this world.

How have we grown in your eyes? Do you consider us a worthy edition to this world, or do you consider us an infestation?

You are incredible, creature of the fires. You have for eternity rent the skies apart with your magnificent wings.

Do you die great Phoenix? When your time comes to end, your body erupts into fire.

Ashes gather at your claws, and talons. And from this mound, your new body pushes through the remains of its old one, and you once more you flaming body takes to the sky.

 And until the end of time this cycle shall continue. Until the life of all beings ends, you shall fly the open skies.

 Continue you watch us, Persian bird. And we shall continue to see you in the fires.

 

© 2008 Nathan Thompson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've always loved the legend of the Phoenix. You've used beautiful words.

Posted 15 Years Ago


The way you wrote this was absolutely beautiful! "How have we grown in your eyes? Do you consider us a worthy edition to this world, or do you consider us an infestation?" I would really like to know the answer. I think we've caused a lot of problems on this earth...so I think I could quess on his answer. Very beautiful I loved it.



Posted 15 Years Ago


such beautiful imagery! So majestic! That is why I chose it as my avatar! I am a Phoenix in my own right, recreating myself several times over, old life -up in flames, from the ashes , I rise anew, better, stronger, smarter...didn't mean to break out into a poem here...though...i have an idea!
Sandra♥

Posted 16 Years Ago


You make me feel the magnificence of the Phoenix, as a creature of infinitesimal wisdom and continuous renewal. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008

Author

Nathan Thompson
Nathan Thompson

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
Well, hi there all...erm...I'm Nathan, I'm 26 and I live in Manchester, England (for the people who consider England too small a country to know where it is, it's that weird shaped one just above Fra.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


THE RAPIER THE RAPIER

A Poem by R J Askew


Fears I See Fears I See

A Poem by Tamme