I am, We are

I am, We are

A Poem by Nathan Thompson
"

I was on my induction day at college the other day and this little thing just popped into my head. I hope you all enjoy it.

"

I am escaping from the world of men, hiding in plain view from peoples eyes, standing in a place in the corner of their vision, lurking in the light of shadows and listening to the noisy silence.

I am hiding of the the fear of company and the questions of little consequence, the boredom of small talk and annoyance of small minds.

I am drowning under a wave of timelessness and suffocating in a cloud of exhaustion. Boredom is my companion, restlessness my drive, fulfilment my goal and contentment my end.

I am lost

I am found

I am hurt

I am whole

I am the I am

I am the definite article, my I am, the I am.

I think, therefore I am

I am now surrounded by the minds of the strong. Their lives their companions, restlessness their foe, enhancement their goal and determination their sword.

We are the conquerors of our gremlins, the pilgrims of our quest.

We shall prevail and glory in our victory.

© 2010 Nathan Thompson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am lost
I am found
I am hurt
I am whole
I am the I am
I am the definite article, my I am, the I am.
I think, therefore I am

WOW, love it..........the beauty of having to get out there, surround yourself with great minds, laugh.........and hope! Uplifting end, the beginning much reminding me of myself right now, restless, drowning..........and small minds, well........been a fair few of them.
Loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2010
Last Updated on September 10, 2010

Author

Nathan Thompson
Nathan Thompson

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
Well, hi there all...erm...I'm Nathan, I'm 26 and I live in Manchester, England (for the people who consider England too small a country to know where it is, it's that weird shaped one just above Fra.. more..

Writing