Don't be afraid of the dark?

Don't be afraid of the dark?

A Poem by Nathan1289
"

Was that door ajar last time you looked?

"

This story was not meant to trouble you, or make you afraid of the dark.

It was simply made to shiver your neck, and increase the rate of your heart.

 

At the top of a hill sat a house, it was aged from top to bottom.

It had a face with a menacing smile, and its owner was as equally rotten.

 

One day a group of friends would enter, to retrieve the Frisbee they’d thrown.

They did not realise they started a game, and were chased from a killer unknown.

 

Slowly the knife would pierce, and the friends would fall to the floor.

Jimmy died first and Sally ran fierce, but the killer was behind the door.

 

A slash of silver and Sally fell down; her blood began to stream her silhouette.

Mike ran up the stairs, and then was pushed back down, a fall he would never forget.

 

The group had fallen to its final member; it was Jamey who seemed to have survived.

“Hello Jamey” echoed around the house, as she looked for a place she could hide.

 

Suddenly the door flew open, and her location was dramatically known.

She dodged the lunge, kicked him back, and then out the window he was thrown.

 

OK, this story was meant to scare you, and increase the rate of your heart.

So question the shadows and the open doors, be VERY afraid of the dark.

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2012 Nathan1289


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its good, I like how you described there deaths. Could have used some rhyming though, but still I like it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2012
Last Updated on March 27, 2012
Tags: suspense, mystery, scary, horror, slasher, teen, dark, light, comedy, thriller, epic, haunted, house, Halloween, adventure, adult, action, chase, emotion, loss, love, friends, friendship, narrative

Author

Nathan1289
Nathan1289

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I don't paint by numbers, I paint by words. more..

Writing
The Joker The Joker

A Poem by Nathan1289