Rebecca Helen

Rebecca Helen

A Poem by NathanDelzer

Rebecca Helen

 

 

 

The years have passed; time has gone by with no consideration of how much has changed.  Poison is in the water and none have the cure.  Being helpless to save the heart, or the pain that it causes.  Lost in a world of curses like a gypsy band that has cast a spell for an unnatural sorrow.  She speaks to the night telling the stars her story of persecution with no answer she desires. 

Every step is laggard on glass and no end in sight, but she smiles and the chorus sings a beautiful tune whispered on the wind.  Letters pieced together in a phrase that only heaven understands.  A world of love and hope passes by unnoticed.  Alone with a hunger satisfied by slumber, she lifts her head to look into the clouds.  Only with each droplet of rain as a companion, the flower patch in her mind is so distant it seems like generations separate them.  Traveling through the desert with no sun or moon just an image of a person not quite recognizable.  Like a rose un-bloomed waiting for that perfect sun to cast its rays upon her. 

A beauty hidden from the world only because she doesn’t believe it’s true, but she laughs and the Angels dream of walking on tulips.  An old narrow path un-traveled for years with its fallen trees, overrun with ferns, and bushes is still attractive with the memories of those who have walked it.  I remember the road not taken; it’s ours to manage.  Without restraint we will have the world.

© 2011 NathanDelzer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
Added on August 26, 2011
Last Updated on August 26, 2011

Author

NathanDelzer
NathanDelzer

oshkosh, WI



About
just your avg. joe more..

Writing