The Good Samaritan

The Good Samaritan

A Story by Nawkhi
"

A short story..

"

      The sun. Its trying to pierce through the clouds that’s hovering below it. Luckily, its one of those big clouds. Rain clouds perhaps. The thunder claps. The sky will be falling soon. I pull my hood up, lighted my cigarette and I breathe the fire out of my lungs. Waiting for the sky to fall. My ride was parked at a multi storey car park not far from here. The sky started to fall, so I sat under a roof with a bench. The cool breeze from the heavily falling sky gave me a dozing off sensation. I closed my eyes lightly, as all those walking did made me beat a little.

 

        I awoke as the smoke stick fell from my mouth. A woman, gave a distress call, a man in a bike snatched it away from her. Her Handbag. Riding at top speed passed me. The woman cried, I ran to my ride. On my way down, I saw a man in the alley next to the multi storey, alone in the alley. I took that chance, I double parked, went out and saw it was the same man. The same robber. I brought my car all the way down to the entrance. I double parked once again. I went up on foot to the 3rd floor car park. A rooftop car park. I smash a window of a car nearby. Put it in reverse. The car drove itself backwards, falling to its crushing death, right on! To the robber in the alley. The tip fell on his back and landed frontward.

 

        I raced down to my car, it was a big commotion. I paid the ticket, drove out and double parked again. It was a huge commotion. Everybody was rushing to the scene. Even the parking attendant. I double parked a little bit further. I cover my face with a handkerchief. Raced to the man, people were gathering, not much time, the handbag was thrown at same time the car landed, just few feet away from the man’s hand. I grabbed it. Got out of there, few people saw me, most of them actually. I went into my car, sped away in the opposite direction. I arrived at an entrance, a gate, of the woman that was in distress, she lived in one of those prestige neighborhoods. Big a*s houses, what the hell a woman like that was doing in that part of the city. I went through her purse and got this address. Hope it is the one. I rang the bell like mad outside the gate and threw the bag in as I saw someone peep out of the window. I hid behind a tall tree nearby where I can hardly be seen, it was her. She came out, jumping for joy. I went into my car and drove away.

© 2011 Nawkhi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011
Tags: Good

Author

Nawkhi
Nawkhi

About
Im a person who enjoys photography, writing,music,sketching.. i believe that nothing is impossible and that there is always a way out to everything no matter how tough it is. more..

Writing
Undecided Undecided

A Poem by Nawkhi