9

9

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick
"

The search is on for the coven in Seattle

"
I get hauled who knows where just to be tossed into a trunk. I wait for, what I estimate to be, about 30 minutes as the car bumps and jostles me around. I can feel the effects of the Aqua Mortos wearing off and I can now force an eye open with some effort. I do so as the car comes to a stop, I see the trunk open ,flooding it with cool air, and Wyatt's face. I force my eye shut and smile internally, we've arrived.
"Oh lovely." I hear him mutter as he hoists me over his shoulder again.
I give a faint grunt of pain.
"Man he's heavy." Wyatt says to cover my noise
"Want me to take him." A vampiric offers
"No no, I got him now."
They walk for a little while and I start to hear music. I hear heavy rock, or maybe metal, music getting louder with each step they take. We turn a corner and a door opens freeing the melodical roar. I can instantly place the song as Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold. I found a bit of irony in this being how I was neck deep in vampiric territory. Afterwards they begin to go down and the music begins to fade. A few twists and turns later I hear the first vampiric speak.
"I'll have to inform her that you're here. Please wait where you are."
There's a creaking that comes from the hinges holding a door far to large for them as the doors open and again as they close behind him.
" Lady Azmodaus will see you now Wyatt."
As soon as we enter the room I can smell a mix of lavender and a exceedingly strong perfume.
"So you have finally decided to join us." Azmodaus observes, "And who is that you have on your shoulder?"
"This is the un-honorable little git who killed your follower Isen. I killed him to prove my loyalties to you m'lady."
"You have done well vampire. You three," she addressed the vampirics, "leave us."
I hear the footsteps then the door again as they leave the room.
"I have brought you here because I've heard stories about you that I find most pleasing. I work for a person of great power, I will say only that about him. He's gathering an army to overthrow and take control of the human world. His goal is to enslave the very race that has been hunting our kind for ages, and thus showing them how truly weak they are. I've summoned you to offer you a place in this grand revolution. Help me lead my portion of the army as my second in command."
"Wow. This is a great honor, I gladly accept this position as your second seat." Wyatt said over zealously. I was having trouble telling if he was acting or if he was serious about this. "If I may ask though m'lady, what is your position exactly?"
"I am General Azmodaus. I'm one of the seven generals in Lord Avengus's army."
"I thought I recognized that name. So are the other six generals named after a deadly sin, Lust?"
"You're a bright one, very intuitive. Yes they are. But back to business, there must be something or things you're requesting."
"Indeed. I've got a couple. First is that this gets put back where it came from."
I assumed he meant me. "And then I will need an assistant to aid me in my tasks. I'd like to pick one from the humans you have captive here."
"You are free to pick anyone you'd like." Azmodaus says
"If you'd have someone show me to my quarters that is all that I ask." Wyatt concludes
"Very well, I'll have someone come for you at once. I will also have this dog put back where it came from. However i am curious as to why you want him put back."
"He was obviously not a full lycanthrope so I imagine his master will be looking for him. Even if the wretch was dishonored he deserves a burial with his own kind."
"I see." Azmodaus said respectfully, "It will be done then."
"Thank you m'lady." Wyatt said then leaves the room,and me in it
Shortly after I hear the doors open once again and hear someone speak. "You summoned me my lady?"
"Yes. Take him to the lab and have the specialist open him up. Tell him to use the serum first."
"Yes ma'am." I hear her say as she snapped her fingers a few times and hear multiple footsteps approach me.
I was lifted at the arms and feet and moved onto a stretcher and carried away.
Open me up? What does that mean... Wait a second," I say to myself, "OPEN ME UP! Come on, this this just keeps getting worse and worse. Plus they're going to give me some sort of serum which means another fricking needle!" I weep silently, but cheer up when I find I'm able to wiggle my finger a little. "At least the Aqua Mortos has almost worn off."
My thoughts are interrupted when I'm set down on a table. I hear the girl from the first room speak again.
"Lady Azmodaus say to give him the serum first." Then I hear her walk away then she is accompanied by a couple more sets of footsteps.
I feel a sharp pinch as the needle slips under my skin and a cool fluid being injected. I couldn't help but wonder what exactly this serum does.
My eyes suddenly snap open and see an older vampiric in a lab coat holding a scalpel. "Dude, put that down." I say slowly
The Vampiric's eyes grow to the size of golf balls. "Y...y...you were dead. I checked your pulse."
"Then I guess that means I'm a zombie. Booga booga. Gimme your brains and such." I say lacking humor "What did you put into me?"
"It's a cocktail that turns the corpse of a lycanthrope post mortem...err after death. But before death it's like giving a lycanthrope steroids."
"How long does it take to take effect?"
"It varies from subject to subject. Usually it's about ten minutes."
"Where are my clothes?" I ask noticing that I'm on a metal table naked except for a white sheet draped over my lower half.
"On the floor there." The old vampiric points down still rattled
I look and find my clothes and weapons in a pile on the floor. "Thanks pal." I say before punching the scientist in the face causing him to fall back unconscious.
There was a small knock on the door and someone walks in, "Sorry to intuit but Captain Wyatt sent me to see if you needed any help with something. I'm his new assistant." Then lets out a small, startled scream.
"Don't worry he's just knocked out, not dead." I say putting my shirt on. I expect to see another Vampiric but instead I see Saundra. I'm suddenly speechless.
"Ivan!? How'd you... Why are you here?"
"Came in for a check up." I joke "You said Wyatt right? Does he have a suit and smell like a dumpster?"
"Yea. What about him?"
"I love that bloodsucker." I say to myself then answer Saundra, "I'm here with him, he was able to sneak me in here. As much as I love this reunion I've been involuntarily injected with some sort of lycan roids by the doc there and pretty sure I'm about to change into someone you don't want to meet. Go tell Wyatt what I told you and to get a car ready with some more Aqua Mortos. Here take my jacket and weapons too, and if you could grab me some pants or something that'd be great."
She nods and scampers away. I sit on the metal table and wait for the change to take place so I can bust out of here. I wonder to myself why I put my clothes back on ,as I wait, since they'll just tear and fall off when I shift.
Five minutes later I feel my bones start to change painfully. A few excruciating minutes later I break through the doors and roar at everyone there, everyone in my way. Some of the vampirics that see me flee for safety while others draw their weapons. Those that stand in my way I bash, smash, and slash. I get some gnarly cuts from my actions but they heal just as fast as they're made. I retrace the turns as much as I can through near crippling rage and foggy memory. A smell catches my nose and beckons me to the sweet smell of the outside world. I follow it, throwing anyone in my way against a wall and quickly find myself where I heard the music before. Turning for the door I feel an intense sting on tickling my back. I turn to find a woman in a skintight black dress holding a three lash whip, at the end of each was a small, sharp, and extremely lethal blade. I take a step forward and she cracks her whip drawing three new blood trickles from my snout. The wounds heal just as quickly they appeared leaving the phantom pain which drove my rage. I growl at the woman raising my hackles. I hear someone laugh from a corner and see Rain step from the shadows. I snarl at him as he continues to cackle, pulling out his sword. He had four scars going down the left side of his face from our last encounter. Without warning he charges and attempts to impale me ,but he's too slow and I easily dodge it.
"Lucky pup. Let's see how many times I have to cut you before you die!" He laughs
I shake my head and swing a large hand of knives at him. Another cracking sound and my arm starts to bleed then heals. Rain takes the opportunity to take a swing at me which I dodge. We go through this process a number of times before I become irritated.
I grab a metal chair standing nearby and slam it against Rain who goes sliding across the floor. I fling the chair at the woman on stage. While she dives out of the way I leap into the air and rip a light fixture out of the ceiling and launch that at her then quickly shut my eyes.The light seers it's way through my eyelids as the lights explode. While the two are blinded I make a break for the door but end up in the garage.
Wyatt whistles from a vehicle as he drives up to me.
I hold my arm out for him to drug me again and collapse in a giant furry mess.

I wake up in my bed back at the R.V. with a killer headache. I throw on some clothes and go outside where I find everyone circled around an electric heater talking. As soon as she sees me Saundra races over and hugs me to death. She eventually released me so we could join the circle where things got tense.
"Ivan, while we were in that place Wyatt came to the holding cells where they kept their humans and freed me. I heard him tell the guard that he was picking out an apprentice. I realize that it was all a plan to get me out, but later he came back to talk to me and offered to blood me for real." Saundra states "I told him I'd have to talk it over with you. What do you think?"
"I think it's entirely up to you. It's your life and your decision." I smile "But it would help me in getting Vampires and Vampirics alike to join the resistance army."
"Resistance army? What the hell do you need a resistance army for?" Damian snaps
I look over at Wyatt, "You haven't told them yet?"
"I thought it'd be better if they heard it from you."
"Hear what?" Taylor asks concerned
I sigh then run both hands over my head flattening all my spikes. "When we got taken in Wyatt was brought to a Lady Azmodaus who just so happens to be a general for some dark army, This army's goal is to take over the world and enslave all the humans."
"Azmodaus is only one of seven generals. Each of the generals is named after the demons of the seven deadly sins." Wyatt adds
"Why do you think that?" Kara butts in
"She told me so. Azmodaus is the name of the demon of lust, and lustful she was. Ivan you should have seen her chamber."
Everyone but me turns to him and gives him a scornful look.
"Sorry. Back to business. If this is true that would mean the other six generals are Leviathan, the embodiment of envy. Mammon, embodiment of greed. Amon would be wrath. Beelzebub is the name of gluttony. Belphegor is sloth. And finally Lucifer is the demon of pride."
"I thought Lucifer is the name of Satan." Taylor chirps
"He has many names. Satan, Lucifer, Legion, Devil, etcetera." Wyatt informs
"How do you know all this?" I ask bemused
"I used to be a priest. I've done many things in my lifetime. I am one thousand five hundred and twelve years old after all."
"So what's our next course of action?" Richard questions
"We've got what we came for so I think it's best we go back to the Den. We've got a lot to do yet. We leave first thing in the morning, but first things first. Let's eat." Damian says
We all pile into the M.R.V., that's monster recreation vehicle, and enjoy a nice big bowl of clam chowder and a chunk or bread. Afterward Damian and Kara go to bed. Wyatt and I tell of our time in the Seattle Coven. Saundra follows with her story starting from the point they left the Whidbey Island Coven to the point that she met up with me in the lab.
"Saundra, have you decided if you want to be a Vampire yet?" Wyatt asks
Saundra nods her head. "I'll do it. How does it happen exactly?"
"Well it's a simple process that takes its toll. Every Vampire does it differently but the act itself is more or less the same. I make a cut the shape of a V on both hands and we clasp our hands together allowing enough of my blood to be transferred into you."
"Could we do it now?"
"I don't see why not. Ivan may I use one of your knives please."
"Sure." I hand him a sharp, plain dagger.
While Wyatt and Saundra perform their ritual I turn to Richard. "How long do Lycans live?"
"Hard to say. I'm only in my first lifetime. I imagine it's about the same as a Vampire's though. I bet you'd never guess I'm ninety-three."
So do you think you could turn me into a Lycan, even though I'm already a Lycanthrope?"
"In theory, yes. I know why you're asking and my answer is not until you've talked to Daimian about it."
"Alright." I sigh disappointed. I look over in time to catch a hurt look from Taylor. "What's up with you?"
"Nothing." He snaps "I'm tired. I'm going to bed."
"Okay. Night dude."
Richard is next to go to bed. I stay up with Saundra and listen to Wyatt explain what being a Vampire entitles.
"Obviously you'll need to drink blood to keep alive, but not very often.You can still eat garlic and holy water won't affect you in the least. You'll have no problem crossing running water and can enter homes uninvited, though I don't suggest doing so. Folks tend to frown at that. I don't think I have to tell you that you're unable to turn into a bat and flitter away in the night, however if you drink enough blood and use its power wisely you can turn into a bat-like version of what Ivan turns into. Do this only as a last resort though. And finally the old stake through the heart, of course you'll die. So would Ivan or Richard or the guy from the channel 12 news. Anything I missed?"
Danny bites her lower lip and counts off things silently on her fingers. "Nope, but if I think of something I'll ask."
Soon after Wyatt went outside to sleep and I gave Saundra my bed.
"You know...it's a decent sized bed. I bet we could both fit." Saundra winks
"Whoever is leading this dark army should have made you the embodiment of lust. It's a tempting offer but I'm afraid I'll have to refuse this time. I don't think either of our mentors would approve. Besides, you'll be staying with me when we make it back to the Den." I smile
"Good night." Saundra laughs
"Night." I say as I sprawl out on the couch

Daimian is the first one to wake up. He wakes me up and drags me into the passenger's seat.
"I heard you and Richard talking last night. I don't care to hear your reasons. You've been my assistant for the last two and a half years and I think this is your choice. If you want to become a Lycan then go for it."
"But Daim how am I supposed to lead the...wait. Do what?" I blink puzzled
"I've been used to having just one assistant. Taylor's back from Russia and I think I should spend more time with him. If you want my advice on this I say go with your gut."
"Thanks Daim. It's awesome to know you have my back on this."
"Anytime." Daimian says starting up the M.R.V.
"Get Wyatt in here before I leave him here."
"On it." I open the door and yell at Wyatt, "Yo, Wyatt, get your lazy butt in here before we leave you to rot."
"You could've just said please." Wyatt mumbles groggily
"Coulda shoulda."
Wyatt collapses on the couch where I slept one he is inside.
"Any breakfast requests?" I ask
"Food." Wyatt grunts from the couch
"That helps. Fine I'll just make bacon and eggs."
"Toast too please." Daimian calls back from the driver's seat, "And could you make some coffee?"
"Will do boss man." I set to work of breakfast

Once the smell of food fills the vehicle people start to wake up.
Taylor wakes up first. "Smells good. What cha make?" He yawns
"Bacon, eggs, toast, and coffee. You're only allowed to eat if you're done being mad at me."
"I just don't get why you're doing all this for a girl you met a week ago."
"Taylor, you're my best friend but I'm going to have to step over the line here. When's the last time you fell in love? Besides when you're like us it's hard to find someone like her. Not to mention she's been kidnapped and turned into a vampire thanks to me."
"What happened to bros before hoes?" Taylor huffs grabbing a plate
"Watch it." I say pointing a fork towards Taylor, "I might just have to kill you with a fork." I say, failing to hide a smile and I see Taylor fail as well.
Shortly after Richard, Kara, and Saundra walk out of the bedroom area. They all get plates and fill them with food before joining us at the table. Saundra sits by me.
"I kinda overheard you and Taylor this morning. Thanks." Saundra says then kisses me on the cheek
"You know for a Monster R.V. people hear an awful lot around here. You’re welcome though." I smile, "Oh, Richard, Daim said its cool if you convert me."
"Is this true?" Richard asks Daimian
"Aye." Damian confirms
"So, Saundra, how'd you sleep last night?" Wyatt asks
"On and off. A mix of the cut and feeling sick."
"That's common. I'll give you something for that later."
"I go to bed early one night and I miss everything. Richey what happened?" Kara wonders
"The girl was blooded by the Vampire and I agreed to turn Ivan into a lycan, if it was okay with Daimian. Which it is."
"Wow. Busy night." Kara says simply
"So how does the whole Lycan thing work anyways?" I ponder aloud
"I've got to bite you on a full moon." Richard explains, "Afterwards you'll become a bit more sensitive to silver. I don't know anything else for sure. You'll be a half breed. Once your blood is consistent you can get the specialist to take your blood apart and see what you've got."
"Sounds a bit cliché but okay."

The ride back is long and boring. The only thing I did was show Saundra the proper way to sharpen a blade. I also explained blade maintenance.
"...and as soon as you can wipe it free of liquids that will cause rusting."
"And what if the weapon does rust?"
"Well that depends on how bad it is. If its just on the surface then just take a bit of steel wool and scratch it off, but if its deeper than that you might as well retire that weapon and find a replacement."
"What kind of weapon would you recommend for someone like me?"
"Personally I think you'd be best off with a blade. I'll take you into the training room at the Den and let you practice with some different styles. That'll be after we meet with the Elders though." I promise
The rest of the ride Saundra, Taylor, and I talk to each other about random stuff.


© 2013 J.R. Bergwick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013
Tags: Ivan, Burgman, Nightwars, Rebellion, Book One, Book 1, Chapter 9, Chapter Nine, Werewolf, Vampire, Werewolves, Vampires, Leprechaun, Minotaur, War, Sy-Fy, Syfy, Fight, Necromancer, Zombie, Blood


Author

J.R. Bergwick
J.R. Bergwick

Isanti, MN



About
I'm an 18 year old writer. I've been writing stories most of my life, mostly short stories. I've complete led on novel and am currently working on it's sequel and a separate novel. I enjoy writing bec.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick


2 2

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick


3 3

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick