10

10

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick

It's an hour before we're called in to see the Elders. They all look tired and a little banged up. Bloodlust has a blood stained bandage wrapped around his head, Essence had stitches going down the right side of her face, and Silvermain and Luna were spotted with bruises and cuts.

 "What happened here?" Daimian asks concerned

 "We were with the cleaning crew at the Coven when more Vampirics arrived. These ones seemed skilled. They had discipline, they were almost soldier-like." Silvermain explains

 "Ten our news is related." I say, "In Seattle we discovered someone is assembling a dark army to enslave the humans and probably all who oppose them."

 "How do you know this?" Silvermain asks suspicious

 "Our friend here," I motion to Wyatt, "was able to sneak me into the Seattle Coven where he talked to one of the seven generals of this army, Lady Azmodaus. I was taken out of the room afterwards so I don't know much."

 "Wyatt is it? What exactly are you?" Bloodlust questions

 "I am, in your terms, a Biological Vampiric Creature."

 The Elders looked at each other confused

 "Perhaps that's an old term. I'm a natural Vampire."

 "I see. What is a Vampire doing so far away from it's domain?"

 "You mean why am I not with other Vampires? Well you see, I'm not liked by the Vampire Community. I was infected during a time when I hunted Vampires and Lycans. One imparticular Vampire was able to get enough of the disease in me to change me slowly into the thing I hunted. I then  set after a priest's life to find a cure in God. After I finally gave up hope the Vampire that blooded me returned and trained me. The rest of the Vampires in that area hate me though because of what I did as a human."

 "So why would a leader of this dark army want to talk to you then?" Luna asks

 "Because of my abilities to lead, kill, and strategize. She wanted me to be her next in command. She told me that she was being led by someone with greater power than her and that she was only one of seven generals, as Ivan pointed out. Later she called me back and told me more. Each general is a different species. They have a Vampire, Centaur, Lycanthrope, Goblin, Troll, Dragonborn, and a Faun. I know only the Identity of the Vampire, that was her."

 "There are different species of things like us?! Anyone care to explain this to me?" I exclaim

 "I will leave that to my son, after this meeting is over." Silvermain tells Daimian

 "What do you suppose we should do about this army?" Essence asks

 "I propose we form a rebelling army. An army of preservation and protection." I suggest

 "Not a bad plan but how do you intend to gather such large numbers?" Bloodlust says smoothing out wrinkles on his suit shoulder

 "We know there are other races of supernatural beings. Why not do the same thing that they're doing? The only thing I'm still trying to work out is how to find them."

 "From my experience, I've found it best to look in the Undergrounds." Silvermain states

 "So I'm gonna need a shovel then huh? Well I guess I don't have to be the only one digging, I could get-" I start

 "Shut up you great buffoon. The Underground is a series on hidden cities for us hidden creatures. And before you ask, you find then by following a trail through a cave. This is the least dangerous method of entrance. There is a guide that will usually lead you. If the leprechaun guide tries to stop you tell him if he lets you pass his favor to me will be fulfilled."

 "It's guarded by a leprechaun huh?I'm going to assume this trail or cave or whatever is located in Ireland then."

 "Figure that out all by yourself did you?" Taylor jokes

 "I did. Aren't I smart. Once in the Underground what should I do?"

 "It's your army, you figure it out." Silvermain smiles then dismisses us


   I meet with Saundra in the training room a few minutes later. I grab two bamboo swords and toss one to her.

 "Let's start off with the basics. First, simple things that come instinctively to everybody. We're going to sharpen those instincts." I say leading her to a dummy made out of a ballistic gel. "We'll start with a simple slash, jab combo. This is a combo you'll use in every fight. First  steady your weapon and find your center. That's one thing done. Now take a step forward and swing at the neck, then step back and jab at either the head or chest area." I instruct then follow with a demonstration

 When I finish and step away Saundra approaches and the dummy and does the same.

 "Good, good. Now lets see how well you can do it blind."

After a while of watching and instructing, and almost being the dummy, I stand in front of the dummy again and speak. "That was good. By the time we leave for Ireland you'll be able to stand against most with a sword."

 I spend most of my time over the next month with Saundra. We trained, sparred, and ate together. We were even able to get out of the Den and go on a few dates.


 We were in the training room when Kara came in. I'm showing Saundra a more complex move with real swords on a gel dummy that showed the damage inflicted on it with a red liquid.

 "Ivan, Richard is downstairs and changing as we speak. You're to be bitten on the arm. Once you are bitten you're going to be locked inside a cell until morning. Try not to cause too much commotion."

 "Okay, let's go." I say propping my sword against a wall. "Saundra keep practicing that move."

She nods, "I will. Good luck."

I follow Kara out of the room to Richards quarters where I was to be turned into a Lycan.


  We arrive outside Richard's room where it's strangely quiet. The hall smells of green tea and I can hear a snuffling sound inside.

 "Don't make any loud noises or sudden movements. You just want him to bite you, not rim your arm off."

 "That's a reassuring thought." I say shakily as I enter the room quietly. "Yo Richy, it's me Ivan. I just want to get this over with. Where are you?"

 I hear a sudden growl from a corner and see two large yellow eyes watching me.

 "Ahh, there you are. Here, just bite me already." I stick out my arm towards him

 Richard sniffs my arm, then without warning opens his jaws and clamps down on my arm.

 I feel each tooth pierce my skin in horrid detail. I grit my teeth, nearly able to tolerate the pain without crying out. It was a normal quick bite like you'd get from any normal dog. I was actually shocked by just how quick and easy it was. I clutched my arm where I was bit and left the room.

 "How'd it go?" Kara asks

 "Fine I suppose. Still have my arm attached." I remark as I leave for the cells


 My night is long and un-comforting. I keep waking up in pain and start to hear things come from outside the cell. The lights are on so I can tell there's nothing there. It hurts to look though, my eyes switch between normal and wolves in random intervals. I'm eventually able to fall asleep due to pure exhaustion.


 The next morning I wake up to find Richard outside my cell. I've got a massive headache and find dried blood on my head.

 "I see you had a rough night." Richard observes

 "I couldn't sleep, and I can't remember anything. The last thing I can recall is staring out of the cell holding my arm." I say rubbing my head, "No. I can remember hearing things. It sounded as if someone were pounding on the bars, then there was a scratching noise, and..." I look around, "That was all me? But I don't have any recollection of doing any of that."

 "People often don't have any control of their actions during their first couple full moons. As for your memory, it's something you can work on gradually. As you gain control of the animal within you you'll retain more memory."

 "How do I gain control?"

 "It's just something that happens over time. There's no real method, but every Lycan you ask will tell you the more times you change the quicker you gain control." Richard says opening the cell door, "Lets go get something to eat."

 "I'll meet up with you, I've got to run to my room."


 I find Saundra sitting on the bed, her fingernails are reduced to jagged nubs, eyes red from crying.

 "All this over me?" I smirk

 Saundra throws her arms around me and cries into my shoulder, "I came to check on you last night and when I saw you in the cell... It wasn't anything like you. That thing in there couldn't have been you. It seemed like a feral animal."

 I try to comfort her. "Richard says that's the way all Lycans start off. With practice I'm sure I'll be able to control myself in that state. But until I can control myself I don't want you near me when there's a full moon. Okay?"

 "Okay." Saundra confirms

 "Come on, lets go get something to eat." I say and put my arm around her



© 2013 J.R. Bergwick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013
Tags: Ivan, Burgman, Nightwars, Rebellion, Book One, Book 1, Chapter 10, Chapter Ten, Werewolf, Vampire, Werewolves, Vampires, Leprechaun, Minotaur, War, Sy-Fy, Syfy, Fight, Necromancer, Zombie, Blood


Author

J.R. Bergwick
J.R. Bergwick

Isanti, MN



About
I'm an 18 year old writer. I've been writing stories most of my life, mostly short stories. I've complete led on novel and am currently working on it's sequel and a separate novel. I enjoy writing bec.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick


2 2

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick


3 3

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick