2

2

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick
"

A glimce into Dev's past

"

I fell asleep during their meeting and must've drifted into a dream, or a memory long forgotten. I was in Albatrin again, my castle to be more specific. There are several types of demons in existence but only three classes. The peons are referred to a demons and they're the brutes that do most of the dirty work, next are Devils who control whole realms and all Demons dwelling within, and finally are the Demon overlords who rule over several realms called Archdevils. I explain this because I was no more than a Demon in my dream and there was someone sitting in what was supposed to be my throne, a reptilian devil with large ram horns on the sides of his head. He stood when he spotted me and shouted to his peons who seemingly appeared out of nowhere. I turned one hand into a curved blade and the other into a dense ball covered in spikes that were covered in vicious barbs. All of them jumped at me all at once. One I was able to spear through the torso with my bladed arm and another was unfortunate enough to have it's head caught by the barbed spikes of the mace and met it's death when the ball of the mace crushed it's skull. That's the extent of my damage caused by my rampage as a serpent demon wrapped itself around my body and held me completely still. It started constricting, squeezing me until I was positive that every bone in my body was going to snap and then black.

 

I woke up in total darkness. I thought I had gone blind at first until I saw the pin pricks of light in the sides of the wall, glowing moss. I was in the heart of a Salith nest, the only place this kind of moss grows. I had to think fast if I wanted to get out of alive and in one piece. I took a moment to change my eyes' structure to where they could see better in the dark, then turn both arms into sharp trident heads. I had no idea where I was at all so I chose a random direction and started walking. It wasn't long before it was evident that I was getting closer to Salith activity. Bones started to litter the floor more and egg clusters started to appear, yet I kept walking in the direction I was going. There was a sudden skittering that came from up ahead, then the shriek of something very hungry and very aggressive. The skittering came closer to me until I swore the Salith was right on top of me, but there was nothing to be seen. Regardless I stood perfectly still, poised to guard against an attack from the phantom foe. Before I knew what had happened I was pinned to the cave floor, a large stinger embedded into my right shoulder. Looking up I saw the Salith on the ceiling grinning at me with voracious delight. I cursed at the creature before I speared the Salith's tail with one hand and pushed up on the trident with the other, which I had changed back to normal. The tail lifted and I was able  to roll out of the way as it's bony head crashed into the spot where I was just laying and crated a small crater in the rock. It shook it's head and hissed at  me, it was now totally pissed off. It lunged at me a couple times with it's pincers, making divets in the ground and wall where it missed me. One claw got lucky and grasped my leg. It pulled me off my off me feet and slammed me around from wall to wall, ceiling to floor and vise versa for tossing me into the air. It's head shot forward again, it was coming at me with rows of razor sharp fangs wanting to rip me to shreds of fleshy debris. I roll in the air just before the jaws reached me causing me to bounce off it's bony forehead instead. I hopped to my feet and charged the Salith, I laced my hands together and morphed them into a large mace. I struck the Salith across the head and sent it sprawling clear across the cave. When the Salith got up it shook it's head again before it scuttled away deeper into the nest. I did a quick once over of my wounds and decide that my leg was intact and unbroken and the six inch hole in my shoulder wasn't a dire issue. Demons have a far higher healing rate than humans and the hole was already starting to close up. I thought about chasing the b*****d down but decided against it in the end. The thing that kept me from doing so was the depression the Salith made in the wall with my body that was leaking cool crisp air from outside, through this wall was my way out. I separated my hands into two smaller hammers and began striking the wall repeatedly. After a couple dozen strikes the wall gave in and created an opening slightly larger than myself leading into another tunnel which had fresh air which carried voices. I walked towards the sounds of life and stopped when I reached a small stone door. I began to examine the door and found it to be slightly ajar. I did was anyone would do and peeked in through the crack. I saw three demons sitting around a fire on a cave opening talking amongst themselves. There was the serpent one from earlier, a humanoid one with two sets of  massive arms, and a half human- half vulture demon who's feathers were rimmed with glimmering metal. This fight would be a bit more tricky that the Salith. I prepared my favorite blade-mace combo and busted through the doorway screaming like a banshee. The three of them were taken completely by surprise. The first one that reacted was the vulture, he whipped his wings at me sending a volley of knives flying to flay me, but the attack was slow. I spun out of the way receiving minor injuries to my upper arm. I  ran forward at dizzying speed and put my blade arm through the vulture's head. His body went rigid and I pushed it off into the fire using my foot.

  The other two froze when they glimpsed my snarling face.

 "Deveroh, you... you're still alive? Impressive, perhaps we underestimated you, traitor." the serpent said

 "You think sticking me in a hole with a Salith is going to kill me? I'm insulted."

 "Deveroh is too cocky. Kalner please let me kill him." The four armed demon said to  the serpent cracking both pairs of knuckles

 "Not now you damned ape." The serpent named Kalner scolded, " Deveroh allow me to offer my apologies, I was following the orders of the realm's Devil. You've got to understand though, from his perspective, a fallen traitor walks into his throne room unannounced and challenges his word."

 "Why do you refer to me as a traitor? What have I done?" I ask confused

 "He he he, poor b*****d doesn't remember a damn thing! I don't think he's got any idea who he is. Alright Drog, kill'im." Kalner hissed

 The four armed Drog snatched me up in his great arms and began to squeeze the life out of me as he shook me about violently yelling my name over and over again.


© 2013 J.R. Bergwick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
Added on April 12, 2013
Last Updated on April 12, 2013
Tags: Blood, Angel, Angel Blood, Angels, Demons, Devils, Horsemen, Death, War, Apocalypse, Rapture, Sydney, Deveroh, Valentine


Author

J.R. Bergwick
J.R. Bergwick

Isanti, MN



About
I'm an 18 year old writer. I've been writing stories most of my life, mostly short stories. I've complete led on novel and am currently working on it's sequel and a separate novel. I enjoy writing bec.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick


3 3

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick


4 4

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick