Confrontation

Confrontation

A Poem by Octavious
"

This is abut a fight I had with my friend, so . . . yeah. :(

"
Confrontation is more that letting off the bits of steam that pick away at your thoughts.
The thoughts that see the good, 
each one slowly dying out as the nagging of confront impale them.
bit by bit,
piece by piece,
you try to ignore them all.
I always wonder why it doesn't work,
it's because they'll start to multiply,
one becomes two,
two becomes four,
they soon become uncountable and are just known as more and more.
until it all comes out as one big ball of an evolved monster . . . . rage.
This is what i try to explain,
that small thing that pissed you off,
you need to confront it now,
if you care about them, if you love them to death,
the problem needs to be resolved.
But they don't understand,
they think its obnoxious, they think that its a selfish act.
But its more, it less . . . what's the word?
More complex, then they can imagine.
Because of the care that has grown over the years,
he love that has manifested inside me,
I know of the difficulty in confrontation, but I look at the future.
The future has many paths, 
and each path is chosen by the present. 
The future can easily continue without you by my side,
if rage begins to boil inside me.
But to intervene I know is hard for you to consume.
Hard because it sound like it is your fault,
but its not, 
I do this for the best of both of us, so I I will do what is right,
despite your feeling, but I know in the end you will want me by your side.
So I say now, that I am sorry,
as the tears begin to trail down my eyes. 
It's time, let's talk,
I know this may lead to fight, 
but all things have to be let go, and to avoid them,
I think we both should know. 

© 2015 Octavious


Author's Note

Octavious
I hope you guess liked it, feeling kind of low but writing about it always makes me better - feeling kinda meh.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The line "But its more, it less . . . what's the word?" Doesn't make sense to me. The first portion of it sounds like it's messing a word.

"he love that has manifested inside me," Did you mean, "the love that has manifested inside me,"?

"Hard because it sound like it is your fault," Did you mean, "Hard because it sounds like it is your fault,"?

"I do this for the best of both of us, so I I will do what is right," You have an extra 'I' in this line.

"despite your feeling," did you mean, "despite your feelings,"?

"I know this may lead to fight," Did you mean, "I know this may lead to a fight,"?

Overall, I liked this. It has a great message for anyone in a relationship; you can't let things boil up inside you, they need to be discussed. I hope my suggestions don't make you think I didn't like your poem, because I did, very much! Thank you for sharing this :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much, the constructive criticism and editing is helpful too, but the first line I just mis.. read more



Reviews

Loved it, Octavious! Again, it's all about communication in a relationship. Once that breaks down, you can pretty much say it's over. I think some of the best writing comes from high emotion, as in evidence here. When I'm down, writing is a healing balm that always makes me feel better. Reason being: I am a total failure when I try to communicate verbally. The only way I've EVER been able to get my feelings across is through writing. Great job!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much,and I completely agree that the best poetry is when the poet is in a high stake of.. read more
really enjoyed reading, thanks for sharing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The line "But its more, it less . . . what's the word?" Doesn't make sense to me. The first portion of it sounds like it's messing a word.

"he love that has manifested inside me," Did you mean, "the love that has manifested inside me,"?

"Hard because it sound like it is your fault," Did you mean, "Hard because it sounds like it is your fault,"?

"I do this for the best of both of us, so I I will do what is right," You have an extra 'I' in this line.

"despite your feeling," did you mean, "despite your feelings,"?

"I know this may lead to fight," Did you mean, "I know this may lead to a fight,"?

Overall, I liked this. It has a great message for anyone in a relationship; you can't let things boil up inside you, they need to be discussed. I hope my suggestions don't make you think I didn't like your poem, because I did, very much! Thank you for sharing this :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much, the constructive criticism and editing is helpful too, but the first line I just mis.. read more
I really liked this because it delves into how we communicate our feelings to one another as human beings. Stuffing our feelings leads to disaster, no matter how minute the problem is. Humans are so, what's the word? Complex. (loved how you wrote that) and because of this, we can't assume that the other person in the relationship knows how we feel unless we articulate our feelings. Give up the rage. Great stuff here. I, too, use my writing as a healing balm, always have.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I am glad you enjoyed it :)
I like this one! (I like the picture you got for it too!)
Keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I agree.
"It's time, let's talk,
I know this may lead to fight,
but all things have to be let go, and to avoid them,
I think we both should know. "
Sometime we must stop the yelling and listen. Take one person to hold silence for a war to end. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 9 Years Ago


I have to admit i had my fair shares of confrontations that escalated to fights" but when
My Daughter was born i just hold it in for i am not going to be the only one hurting from now on... Thanks for sharing your wonderful writing! :-P


Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you, and thank you so much for sharing, it shows that I have accomplished what was intended. :.. read more
When we come to a conclusion that something needs resolved, and we are willing to meet half way for the sake of a relationship there is sometimes the ego that niggles away at your decision. Ego points to the monster that was created as you very well painted it here - Ego goes "remember all that s**t" - they caused that - but that monster grew by devouring all the good memories - it got fat by perverting all memories into bad ones and then it ate them and became a big old b*****d of a monster - totally out of proportion with the original feelings of resentment/disappointment/hurt/pain.
Ego needs to be told to take a back seat while the fight gets sorted out, for everyone's benefit.

The hope in the last stanza - the clear head - the reasonable head - must be given a chance.
I really like the effort put into this and the logic of it and of course the penmanship of it. It resonated with me. Thank you Octavious. :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your comment, and I agree with every word you said, someone should make a poem.. read more
I agree fully with the multiplication of issues always works that way
very good eye to pick up on that! Yes my friend address the issue immediately
so that simple math doesn't happen, thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Octavious

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I am so glad that you were able to realize the small details of many don't often .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 23, 2015
Tags: sorrow, confront, truth

Author

Octavious
Octavious

--------------, EST, Canada



About
I enjoy exploring many parts of writing, but in the end I like to think about how I am going to surprise and disturb my readers with my newest works, I also love reading good writing, then again what .. more..

Writing
The Apron The Apron

A Story by Octavious


396 km 396 km

A Story by Octavious



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ocean Stories Ocean Stories

A Poem by Moonie