The Apron

The Apron

A Story by Octavious
"

Apologies to those who may be sensitive towards the subject of being overweight. WARNING: IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TOWARDS THE SUBJECT DON'T READ IT PLEASE.

"

I walked down the grocery aisle with my mother by my side. A woman turned from around the corner into the aisle straight across from us, that was to us the end of the section.  She had no trouble seeing both my mother and myself, and began to wobble up towards where we stood, as my mother waved her to come over. We moved up a bit, but only by a step or two.


A chubby smiled was spread across her face, giving her what looked like a fourth chin. As she came closer to us I could see the large globs of sweat trickle down her forehead and neck while she lugged a large flap of skin that drooped down a few inches below her knees; that was a s**t ton of baby fat gone wrong.


I gagged behind my scarf as I watched her shirt roll up for survival, and distastefully reveal the flap of flesh that laid against her legs; her belly button was sixty centimeters too low, and managed to sweat out enough to have an odd greasy shin to it.


To be honest, I expected her voice to be deep and manly as it escaped from the fat that this woman had barricaded it with, but her voice was high and femiane to my surprise, as she spoke to my mother. I couldn’t help but think to myself that once upon a time, she was probably normal (as impossible as her physical state may fight against). I inspected her, gazing at her pink, shiny stretch-marks that ran up every inch of skin that was exposed to the open.


With each move came a woft of stale clothing, rotten deodorant, and body odour, with a hint of cheap  body mist. Clearly the perfume and baby wipes technique wasn’t working, that or her laundry machine, and plumbing.


She hadn’t noticed me yet, and thank God for it, my mother made her laugh and her fat came to life; her apron began to jiggle, quite literally like a bowl full of jelly.  I never thought there’d be a day that Santa would repulse me. She turned to me with speed and her ‘thing’ spanked my hand. The sound of her fat to my bone was loud, and seemed like it traveled through the store in all directions. My hand stung, much like how when you belly flop into a cold pool of river water; come to think of it, that’s how her stomach felt- wet and cold.


I rubbed my hand, surprised that it was still dry, as it tingled from its undeserving punishment. Her moment of embarrassment didn’t pass as quickly as I would have liked. The silence hovered over us, and all I could hear was the water that sloshed in the lump of fat that God didn’t design us with, and faint pops as the water from inside her squeezed through her abnormally large sized pores.


Quickly, she moved herself to shake my hand, and break her moment of miserable silence. Her quick movement lead to the odor of her apron hitting me even stronger than before, forcing an odd and sour sensation in my mouth, as if I had been chewing on the fat from her apron and drinking the puss infected water and fluids from her pores to help it go down.  


She said hello, but I had no words for her disgust. My stomach began to clench, and churn as it forced itself  through my throat, and onto her feet that she hadn’t seen for years. I wiped my mouth, a bit embarrassed, and a bit proud to see that she realized the effect that her physical state gave to everyone else. I stood straight and put my hand out to the center of her apron, fully knowing that her arms wouldn’t be able to reach it with her stomach in the way, and smiled.


“Hello.”


© 2015 Octavious


Author's Note

Octavious
A project to use the five senses.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i think the five senses could be better served on any of thousands of other fields than the shape and weight of ones body ... (i am not being reactive ... but empathy is a distinct strength ones heart can acquire through suffering) there is a need for editing :) there is always edit edit edit ... i think that your focus outweighs the intent of your project (pun spontaneous:) ... i appreciate the apologies in your comment but it does not dismiss the hurt that your short story certainly inflicts .. intended or not .. would love to see something along the same lines more positive for any reader :)
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Octavious

8 Years Ago

I defiantly agree editing wise and subject wise, and that it is a hurtful subject, but you write wha.. read more
Einstein Noodle

8 Years Ago

peace and joy above .... hurt and pain .. wish you well!
E.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2015
Last Updated on November 3, 2015
Tags: weight, disgust, five sense, sight, sound, smell, taste, touch, girl, mother, friend, short story

Author

Octavious
Octavious

--------------, EST, Canada



About
I enjoy exploring many parts of writing, but in the end I like to think about how I am going to surprise and disturb my readers with my newest works, I also love reading good writing, then again what .. more..

Writing
396 km 396 km

A Story by Octavious


=00= =00=

A Chapter by Octavious