The Visitor

The Visitor

A Story by Zephyr
"

A story about the prevalent societal mindset. Previously published as 'Taking out Trash.'

"

It was an unusually cold night and Ray was surprised to hear the doorbell ring. 


Intrigued, he opened the door and found himself facing a tall man with an eerie glow on his face.


 He was both surprised and horrified to see him. He felt as if he was in a trance. 


He felt all wobbly and rancid sweat dripped down his face.

                                 …………………………………………………………………


Two days ago…….



“Come on, Ray! What’s taking you so long?” boomed Greg, Ray’s BFF.



“Just a sec, man! We still have plenty of time!



“Time flies! Don’t you know that? Now stop your blabbering and JUST COME OUT!


OK! This was the limit. Greg was a stickler for protocol and was always on time. And he couldn’t stand indiscipline.



After a few seconds, they were both seated in Ray’s new swank car, with Greg at the wheel.



Music turned on into noise, they were both having a good drive to the theater where the new blockbuster was being screened.



Suddenly, Greg screeched the car into a halt. WHAM!



“What happened?” panicked Ray.



“There! Look! That man is bleeding to death. We have got to help him out.” Greg panicked in return.




“Oh! Now don’t waste your time! There are enough ambulances in this big city to save him. Besides, don’t forget about the tangle of law your gesture of extreme kindness can get you into.” reasoned Ray.



“WHAT? How can you be so heartless? A life is more important than your stupid reasoning. I never knew you were such a Beast.”



“Stop it, Greg! I’m just being practical. Besides the movie will begin in just half an hour.”



“You and your movie! I can’t waste my time anymore. I am gonna save that man, whether you come or not!” saying this Greg stomped out of the car and rushed towards the VICTIM.



  But it was too late…..


                      …………………………………………………..


 

Now as Ray stood facing the VICTIM, he felt like he was hallucinating.



“No, this can’t be true. He’s dead!” thoughts whirled in his head.



“Hello! I know what you are thinking and for the record, I am Dead. Then how come you see me? Let’s just say I have come to take out trash like you, RAY!”



THE END.

© 2017 Zephyr


Author's Note

Zephyr
What do you think about the story in whole?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good shop for short story well done and i guess a bit of karma was in there the message was good one good job.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you Finn:)
If it were I was reading it without reading your other works non-stop I couldn't have guessed the end. But once I reached the core of your story rest was pretty easily predictable.

But I still can't stop from applauding you for this whistle blowing story. Empathy towards our fellow beings is the need of the hour today.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Anjali:)
Haha...A gripping story with a good message....Always show gratitude and help others,...Sorry for my delay, was l'll busy.....
I loved it...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you Surya:)
it is really good , neetha...nicely penned it.
keep it up.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Always glad to read from you Priyanshi:)
oh oh...really nice...amazing stories you write.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much dear:)
Wow Neetha, your story is different in a unique way, the rhythm in your words has created such a master piece. Well done and thanks for tagging!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

So glad to read from you Joey:)
I am busy lately!!
Thank you so much:)
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Your always welcome and im glad to read from you again as well ^^
consist of varieties, such an innovative piece... obviously after long duration... it was kind of awaited...and now i am really upset at your teacher that why didn't she like it... haha... extremely well written

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Abhishek:)
I am way too busy now!
And the teacher.... well.... it co.. read more
A story filled with an important message. It shows that humanity is coming to an end which is very sad to know. Nicely written. Great job...!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much dear Najam:)
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome. ☺
sounds like a great thriller coming

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you Wordman:)
Now what do I say? I'm just speechless...You know, I don't have words enough to describe it..all I can say is please keep sharing such stories packed with messages 💜

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

I will my sweet sis:)
Will write to you soon dear:)
Sofia

6 Years Ago

I'll be waiting :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2017
Last Updated on July 1, 2017
Tags: Kindness, Horror, Selfishness

Author

Zephyr
Zephyr

India



About
21. Seeking the calm in the chaos. more..

Writing
Blooming Life Blooming Life

A Story by Zephyr


Monsters Monsters

A Poem by Zephyr


The Visit The Visit

A Story by Zephyr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye... Goodbye...

A Poem by Zephyr


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Apocalypse! Apocalypse!

A Story by Zephyr