Guilty All Along...

Guilty All Along...

A Chapter by Zephyr
"

If you are guilty, accept it!

"

“Go and live with her” I screamed with rage.


“But, there’s nothing as you think…..” I never let him finish as I banged the door shut and walked out.


That was the last I have ever heard or seen from Jim, my husband, the Love of my Life.


Well, until yesterday.

                                ………………………………………………………..

 

The ten years that passed in his absence were filled with remorse and guilt. Every day I churned with regret. I wanted to reach out to him but I was afraid. Afraid that he will reject me. Well he had reasons enough…..


I can’t believe I accused him of infidelity. And that too when he was the best man a lady could ever ask for.


I break down every time I rewind our memories. I hate myself for leaving him overpowered by poisonous doubts.


All these years I have been waiting for him. To return. A second man has never come into my life.


But the fact that Jim didn’t even make an attempt to reach out to me in all these years was reason enough to gauge that he hated me and wanted me out of his Life.


Yet I didn’t hate him. I had made that mistake once and will never ever repeat it.

                                  ………………………………………………………………..


My daily life has become monotonous. The first two or three years after our breakup (well, if you can call it that) I was an emotional wreck. I can’t imagine now how I sustained myself then.


I did two jobs a day to keep myself going. Coupled with that was the heavy burden of guilt over my shoulder.


Finally but painfully I found my foothold back. And all that began with a strong trust in God. I became a regular churchgoer and a dutiful devotee.


Whenever I pray, I cry. I cry forgiveness for everything I have done. I can’t ever forgive myself but I beg forgiveness from Him.


I have a penchant for writing. So I decided to try my luck in that. But that too was difficult. Whenever I write about relationships, a sense of uneasiness envelops me. Yet I press on for I never want others to end up as myself.


Well, so far I have written six books and all have been received well. I finally have a job that fills my tummy.

                                                                         



© 2017 Zephyr


Author's Note

Zephyr
Please say how you feel about it!
This will be a really short book:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is great and I have done the same thing. I love this and it is so true. I enjoy your writing. I also write books and poems. Best luck to you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Neetha, this is a pretty good snippet for your short book. It tells a bit of a story and supplies background well. The feeling of immediacy could be intensified if the tense changes were all in the present...i.e.
"Every day I churned with regret. I wanted to reach out to him but I was afraid. Afraid that he will reject me. Well he had reasons enough….."
read it as...
Every day I churn with regret. I want to reach out to him but I'm afraid. Afraid that he will reject me. Well he has reason enough…..
You're off to a good start, keep writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Ted:)
I am happy to read your review!
I totally agree with you!
Now that I have finally reached the start of your short book, I could understand the story well. Earlier it was just a piece of story missing some links that I could now connect it over here, still your writing style engaged me to read and review.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Oh........I am really humbled by your words.
I am so happy you enjoyed;)
A fine chapter you have penned. An intimate look inside a character's conflict. Guilt and the erosion of the soul. Lots of emotions flying around here and you put it all together to make an enjoyable read. Nicely done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Duff:)
Halfway writing I became confused:)
duff

6 Years Ago

You're welcome and maybe that's a good thing because you did a great job:)
A very interesting intro into the mind of a troubled woman... Guilt and suspicion can destroy us... A feeling most, if not all of can relate to on a personal level... Meaning your book will spark relatable interest... A keen starting point... Well penned...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you again Silente:)
Am happy to have you as a friend and critic:)
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

I am very happy to have a friend as creative and happy as you, Neetha...! Keep at it
Zephyr

6 Years Ago

I am soo happy to hear this:)
good start....leads to great work....keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Wajiha:)
Yeah I will:)
We all should move on from whatever bothers us or not good enough for us.

Good piece of writing, Naat.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Rassoul:)
Am happy you enjoyed!
We all should be moving ahead and go forward, and not cling to our past and take a few steps back and fall into a ditch with reacquiring unwanted memories.

This was a good read, thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Joey:)
Always glad you enjoyed!
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Your welcome :)
it is really great, dear ....it will be more interesting to read the next parts....waiting for the next chapter to read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Priyanshi:)
Am lucky to have you as my friend!
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

That's my pleasure, keep on writing as whatever you portray is always the best.
doubt gets into or minds and we add to it and blows out of proportion causing break ups ,sad situation ,we loose our best friend really over nothing but doubt

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Yeah its true!
Thanks for the review:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

686 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2017
Last Updated on May 27, 2017
Tags: Doubts, Guilt


Author

Zephyr
Zephyr

India



About
21. Seeking the calm in the chaos. more..

Writing
Blooming Life Blooming Life

A Story by Zephyr


Monsters Monsters

A Poem by Zephyr


The Visit The Visit

A Story by Zephyr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gleaming Morning Gleaming Morning

A Poem by B