Heavenly Bliss

Heavenly Bliss

A Chapter by Zephyr
"

All it takes to make us happy is the warmth of a loved one!

"

I always wonder about Jim. 


“Had he moved on in his life?”


“Does he have a beautiful wife and sweet little children?”


“Is Jim missing me?”


Yesterday I got all the answers to my restless questions.


         ………………………………………………………..

 

The Park holds a special place in my heart. It is where our memories haven’t vanished with time. It is where I can feel Jim…….


So I have a special routine of visiting the Park every week. Seeing happy couples huddle close in the Park, I feel a sense of contentment. Envy has no place in my Heart.


Yesterday, as usual, I visited the Park. I chose to sit on a bench in a quaint little corner of the Park.


But somehow, instead of pleasure, a sudden wave of sadness overcame me. I felt hot tears streaming down my face. In an instant, I brushed them off and covered my face with my hands.


Almost at the same time, somebody came and sat next to me. I didn’t see who it was but sensed that it might be someone interested in another person’s private matters.


I was about to go when that stranger grabbed my hand. I turned in a reflex and gasped: “Jim”


I was shocked and stunned. I didn’t know what to say. A million things were clamoring in my mind but I just stood there rooted to the ground.


I sat beside him without uttering a word. I must have looked like a nitwit because Jim broke into a laugh and asked


“You okay?”


As if nothing has happened between us and all these ten years  he was with me.


We never know when emotions take control. Because the next instant, I found myself hugging Jim and crying my heart out. All the locked up emotions came out flooding and I spoke a million things at the same time.


“I am so sorry. Really am……..sorry………Jim…….I…..don’t know what to say……Its been long…..so long………..I was such a rogue………I am so very sorry………..I love you………..”


As I pulled back, Jim whispered in his ever so lovely voice


“I know you have been waiting for me”


Well that was queer but I didn’t ask how. I wanted this moment all these years. No doubts.


“Yes I have been. I wanted to reach out but I was……you know……afraid”


There was a brief silence.


“So why didn’t you try to reach out?” I stammered out.


As if it was his duty to reach out for a woman who so blatantly ditched him.


“I wanted to. But Life has played a big game with me.”

Jim sighed.


Again questions were sprouting in my mind and I wanted to know what this ‘big game’ was. But I saw a huge wave of dismay wash over Jim’s face as he said this.


So I decided not to prod on. I didn’t want to make him sad any more. I have done that enough.


Also I had more important questions in my mind. A question, in particular, was jiggling in my head for all these years and if I didn’t bring it out now, this ten-year wait would be useless.


“So……Do I still……..have a place in…..your heart?” I asked without looking at him.


Jim didn’t reply. I took that for a ‘No’.


How foolish I was! To think that Jim would wait for me all these years!


“I know Jim……I know…….You do not have any reason to…..”


“I love you” Jim cut me short.


WOW! I wanted to hop around and dance but I just sat there staring into his lovable eyes.


I never expected this. It was beyond my wildest dreams. It was just so unbelievable.


It was just so magical.


Jim pulled me closer and whispered:


“I Love You”


As his lips touched mine, a feeling of heavenly bliss exploded in me.


Purely Magical.



© 2017 Zephyr


Author's Note

Zephyr
The feeling of being loved washes away most of our pains.
We can't rush into love.
It will come at the right time!
Have undeterred faith in God and he will show a way!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Neetha, you have got excellent writing skills..... dear this is too another amazing chapter.... Keep on writing, dear writer...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Priyanshi;)
I am humbled by your words.
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

My pleasure, dear.
Well, my prediction regarding this story is no wrong... it's really heading towards the good piece of literature... loved the way you have narrated... great work neetha :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

I am so glad to read your words:)
Thank you so much!!
surely a magical moment,but did i not read that he died in a crash

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much:)
Yes you read that but my idea was Jim reaching out to her( even though he.. read more
ahaa...beautiful write!...i really loved it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much dear Wajiha:)
I lack words to say how beautifully you have woven this story.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

And I lack words to thank you dear:)
I am humbled by the review.
Well a powerful message you given to us, Faith...
I loved it Neetha..:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Surya:)
This is awesome chapter and i agree with joey..well penned..

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Farhan:)
I loved this story only to realize in the end that it has few previous chapters. Anyways, you write so well that I started imagining Jim and the girl (narrator) at the park.

Keep writing more Neetha.
Regards,
Anjali

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

I plan to write one more chapter:)
I am so happy reading your reviews!
Had to read it twice cuz it was sooo well written......i love it !!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Pia:)
I am so happy you enjoyed!
I always, sometimes you don't have to look for it, its out there looking for you and it'll come to you at the right time.

Well wrote Neetha :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zephyr

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much Joey:)
Am glad to read your words!
Joey Nizz

6 Years Ago

Your welcome ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

547 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2017
Last Updated on May 31, 2017
Tags: Love, Bliss


Author

Zephyr
Zephyr

India



About
21. Seeking the calm in the chaos. more..

Writing
Blooming Life Blooming Life

A Story by Zephyr


Monsters Monsters

A Poem by Zephyr


The Visit The Visit

A Story by Zephyr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye... Goodbye...

A Poem by Zephyr


Today Today

A Poem by Saumya


Webbed Webbed

A Poem by Saumya