Poem

Poem

A Poem by supernova_thoughts

A story is what I thought I'll write
But alas!
A poem it turned into
They say it is okay
So I went ahead 
and changed my genre
Story is what I wanted 
Poem is all I can write
It saddens me 
As the truth unfolds
Not everyone 
Is made out of same pixie dust
I'm poem 
I hope you'll be my story
Both
Blending into one 
creating 
something much 
better

I wanted to write a story
But
Poem is all I can give.

© 2022 supernova_thoughts


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poem or story can be the same, ask Homer. The Illiad is the longest poem I have ever read and it tells a hell of a story. This was clever and I found its story great.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Poetry is generally thought to be the height of enlightened thought if the author has a "poetic" soul. But there are hacks and charlatans in every genre and every artistic expression as well as shameless plagiarists and thieves of intellectual property. What is the chaff to the wheat, eh? Someone once asked me if I wasn't afraid of having my works plagiarized by wannabe poets. I replied that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery that exists. Besides, there are international laws that protect copyright and intellectual property. Most of us should be so lucky as to have our work read, let alone, stolen. (laughing) I always wanted to write dialogue for Hollywood productions myself or make a living as a playwright. I'll have to be satisfied with being a poor hillbilly poet from the Appalachian mountains of North Carolina. I'm not Thomas Wolfe but I do look homeward for my inspiration. I enjoyed the read. Keep up the good work.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Darn and I was hoping for a song but a poem will do. : ) This was fun to read.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Darn and I was hoping for a song but a poem will do. : ) This was fun to read.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Darn and I was hoping for a song but a poem will do. : ) This was fun to read.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love poetry…so creative and varied…stories are also interesting, so your poem could be a flash fiction, I guess
I liked it!
Best, B

Posted 1 Year Ago


Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Would love you to read some of my poetry!!!
SN there are many of us who much prefer poems. You've added another to our growing treasure trove.

ken

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2022
Last Updated on October 14, 2022
Tags: poem, poetry, story, fantasy, love

Author

supernova_thoughts
supernova_thoughts

India



About
Hi! I'll leave it to my writings to define me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..