Sony

Sony

A Poem by Stanley Wilson
"

Willow's sister

"

Willow is Sony’s sibling but Sony was the runt, to look at her now you wouldn’t have thought it at all possible as she is the largest feline around.

May the heavens help you if you stray into her little world, human, dog or cat she will have you will Sony, or at least give it a darn good go. We named her after the television which she spent hours up on the top, just sat there batting the images or sleeping when she was just a little one.

She doesn’t hunt for mice, rats or a vole no she goes frogging for hours on end, bringing in huge toads and frogs does our Sony so. She is partial to the odd blackbird that stupidly nests in the hedge. She won’t eat them she just plays with them until sadly they are dead.

Grey green and with tabby markings, Sony thinks she’s the size of a tiger cub with paws like shovels. Her favourite pastime was belting up the stairs and launching herself onto the bed, as you can imagine if you were in it it wasn’t much fun. For months this went on and at all times of the night. Ok Sony says I and put satin sheets on, at three in the morning she pounced and slid right off the bed to the other side.

If you need a cuddle then Sony’s your girl which to those of us in the know, realise it’s quite unusual for the huge Maine Coon. With the other girls she is gentle except when Tabitha was young she wanted to eat her, but she loves her now time has gone on.

Sony purrs like a mustangs’ engine a loud and deep hum, thumps about the house with her paws like shovels for a large cat she is also horrifically quick. Our bouncer, bodyguard so gentle for her size we love and cherish our grey green tabby marked Sony so.

© 2012 Stanley Wilson


Author's Note

Stanley Wilson
thats all three girls written about

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it is a mundane marvel that pets have such personality. i remember fondly several cats who have owned me over the years. Nicely done Stanley, you've brought back fond memories for me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very cute and nice poem! :) I have cats myself and they act somewhat the same :) Great write! :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stanley Wilson

11 Years Ago

thanks :)
Sony sounds like a wonderful cat.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stanley Wilson

11 Years Ago

she certainly is a charector
Very sweet again!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Stanley Wilson

11 Years Ago

Thanks
I love its name,so sweet!
Our TV is also Sony--great coincidence indeed.
Please edit it as a story.
Very difficult to treat it as a poem.
Lovely write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Stanley Wilson

11 Years Ago

Willdo thanks
zainul

11 Years Ago

You are always welcome,dear friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 5, 2012
Last Updated on September 5, 2012

Author

Stanley Wilson
Stanley Wilson

Helston, Cornwall, United Kingdom



About
Work in the NHS. Cat lover. more..

Writing
Passing Passing

A Story by Stanley Wilson



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Father Father

A Poem by MOON


Lady castaway Lady castaway

A Poem by Mic


a self portrait a self portrait

A Poem by Angi