Greed

Greed

A Poem by Nelson Moore
"

greed, an incarnation of the unforgivable sin

"

Greed

                           It all started with an old man, ravaged by his seven evils, he decided to purge himself of them. lust into a beautiful women, gluttony in a obese man, pride into a small child, wrath into a old man, sloth into a giant, envy into a teenager, and greed into me. We were all given a special gift, lust was given insurmountable beauty, and will power of over men, gluttony was given a bottomless stomach, pride was given a blood thirsty shadow, wrath was given an all seeing eye, envy was given the power to shape-shift, and I was given the power of the ultimate shield.

                           I am greed, the avarice and ever wanting

                           Money, women, power, respect, I want it all. My powers are the ultimate shield and all of the knowledge that the human world has to offer. The ultimate shield is pretty self explanatory but let me tell you, I could withstand bullets, rockets, arrows, bombs, anything you could throw at me. I have applied my knowledge to a form of defense, I have learned every martial art that man has created, and I have read every book in existence, my personal favorite being “the divine comedy” by Dante Alighieri. I have walked the earth and chronicled all of my travels. I am a living atlas, dictionary, and thesaurus combined into one being. The stupidity of humans disgusts me; their inability to think beyond the stars sickens me.

                           I only have two known weaknesses, one is a human who takes everything they have for granted which enrages me and therefore, sends me on a blood thirsty rampage. My only other known weakness is a religious symbol pressed to my forehead; I have purged myself of all religion for this same reason. I have single handedly destroyed civilizations, burned cities to the ground with a single thought, and ended the lives of millions with a flick of my wrist.

                           My weapon is the scythe, the iconic symbol of the grim reaper whom is my spiritual counterpart. I have chosen this weapon because I am the creator of it. I use this weapon because I want to, no other reason. I have lived for centuries so I could perfect the art of the scythe, the swipes of the blade, the jabs of the rod, the basic idea of the scythe symbolizes me, it takes but never gives.

                           My animal is the lone wolf; a small pup when I received him but now a large wolf, given to me by a Buddhist monk after I saved his temple from invaders. The lone wolf has come the symbolize me, seeing that a lone wolf is an animal without a pack and when it finds food it never gives to younger wolves only keeps all for itself. Constantly fighting its battle for survival is never ending.

                           I am greed the avarice and ever wanting. All the money in the world couldn’t buy the one thing that I would kill for, a true friend, which is what I long for. I may not be human but I still need someone to share my adventures with. I am alone.

 

By: Nelson Moore

© 2013 Nelson Moore


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is extremely well written. For one, you get the idea and a picture stuck in your head, and another, you explain it very well. Even for a topic like this one, I like it, just because the way you have written it, and explained it.
Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 5, 2013
Last Updated on April 5, 2013
Tags: grim, grim reaper, scythe, poetry, gree

Author

Nelson Moore
Nelson Moore

platte county, MO



About
i am a graphic fantasy writer hoping to eventually get published, i hope that you enjoy my writings and i hope to read some that are interesting to myself more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Nelson Moore


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Nelson Moore


chatper 3 chatper 3

A Chapter by Nelson Moore