The Red Eyed Fox

The Red Eyed Fox

A Story by NeoGen87
"

Who could be stealing the fox's food? And why would they steal it? come tag along in this short story as miss fox tries to discover who keeps stealing her food and learn a valuable life lesson!

"
One day a fox set up a trap. A trap? For what? A trap for the thief that keeps stealing her food. Why now? Why not two months ago when it first happened? She just didn’t want to believe that her food was being stolen.



Now the fox lay in the shadows waiting for the thief to come and eat a good breakfast. Soon after she heard a rustle in the meadow next to her, and then saw a baby mouse come near. "Ah ha! I caught you THIEF!" she cried out. The mouse startled at the accusation cried out, "Who me? I’m not a thief, I’m just a three year old sprite disguised as a baby mouse. Besides I would never steal anything." hearing the words she went back into her hiding spot, "Oh, I’m sorry," she would then begin to cry. "Why?" asked the mouse and ran off into the meadows again.



Later she heard another noise and stopped her crying. A rustle of wings by the sounds of it. "Well now, what do you know? It’s been you all this time. Whispered the fox. An owl flew down and perched itself next to the meal and prepared itself for lunch, when out sprang the fox and had been startled by it. "Caught you THIEF!" "Me? I’m no thief, I’m a pixie disguised as an owl. And besides I’m too wise to be a thief, I know better. I just thought nobody lived here and it was about lunch time. I’m sorry," said the owl as the fox hid back into the shadows and then asked, "Are your eyes?" then flew off.



The fox was watching her food again and was she exhausted from all the crying and waiting for the real thief to show up. And then right as she was about to give up and go to bed, she heard another noise in the meadow again. "Ah ha! Finally I caught you red handed stealing my food THIEF!" the fox cried out the cutest kitten she had ever saw. "Me? I’m so flabbergasted to hear that! I’m no thief." "Not a THIEF!" roared the fox, "I have caught you red handed stealing my food kitten!" "That was your food!? I am so sorry!" exclaimed the kitten, "I just had thought that you were setting it out for whoever because it was left out for hours and when I get out to it, it was cold every time, I swear I didn’t know. I’m sorry." the fox was about to begin to cry again when the kitten looked to her and asked, "Red?" She looked to the kitten and said softly, "Oh, I’m a banshee, and what about you?" "Me? I’m just an ugly old troll."



The Moral of the Story: Don’t Judge before You Get to Know

© 2012 NeoGen87


Author's Note

NeoGen87
I accept all criticism! I wrote this many years ago for my English class back in high school. my teach loved it and it was the best out of all of her classes. I hope you enjoy it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a very interesting story, but a little confusing. It does have an important moral, and it would be a nice children's fable on how you should get to know people before you judge them. Overall, it's a great story, and I enjoyed following this fox on her adventure.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 9, 2012
Last Updated on November 9, 2012
Tags: fox, animal, fable, lesson, kitten, thief, theft, steal

Author

NeoGen87
NeoGen87

About
I am me and you are you, simple! hello everybody, my name is Dustin B. Barnard but you can just call me Neo. I am here to post my stuff that I write. I hope to learn and grow better as a writer throug.. more..

Writing
Memories Memories

A Poem by NeoGen87


Remember Remember

A Poem by NeoGen87