Road to the West

Road to the West

A Poem by Neo
"

A poem I wrote for my roommate.

"
Her half-moon eyes shut
nested in her blankets
rain kisses her face
bed of dirt and gravel
nineteen days old.
She doesn't know yet
nineteen years later
we'll push our beds together
roof protecting her
nestled in blankets
half-moon eyes shut.

© 2015 Neo


Author's Note

Neo
This is just one idea for this poem. Not sure if the concept is coming through well enough, so I'll have to play around with it a bit more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked how you began and ended this write with the same two lines. It takes us somewhere AND it brings us back. Its as if you're watching your roommate peacefully sleep, then realize years later, that you still want them in your life. To hold. To protect. To love. Friendship is always capable of leading to more in the future.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Creating a work of art for another person is a sacred thing. Not everyone appreciates this. The true meaning of the poem could be between the two of you, or maybe known only to you, and might be interpreted differently by each person who reads. Again, I like your style of writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nice. I liked the idea of expressing using lesser words. This poem can be interpreted in many ways. I just love read it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The voice is subtle. I appreciated the way you unveil your thought. Coming together one again either as friends, under one unbrella. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This leaves me wondering, who is this outside observer. How does he/she know the future of this 19 year old. Is this a past/present/future thing? Your concept opens up all kinds of possibilities.
Interesting and thought provoking.

Posted 9 Years Ago


it's cyclical and good.

cycles make good things better.



Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
gave me the vision of weary travelers finding the warmth of a home, even if it's temporary. I enjoyed the visual you created here and can relate to the pull of western shores.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
7 Reviews
Added on October 16, 2014
Last Updated on February 27, 2015

Author

Neo
Neo

Cabot Cove, ME



About
hey, i'm neo. i love reading, writing and editing stories. and pokemon. more..

Writing
Before Before

A Poem by Neo


American American

A Poem by Neo