Baby, Maybe I'm a Fake

Baby, Maybe I'm a Fake

A Poem by Vanessa Macanas

My hairstyle changes on a daily basis,

My eyes are rarely natural,

My make-up id different every day,

And I don’t stick to one style or genre.

 

On the outside I’m always changing,

But on the inside I’m still the same me.

So to say the least, I’m all about change.

I wear it. I flaunt it. I F*****G ROCK IT.

 

But you, you always stay the same.

Routine, it’s always about the routine.

Same s**t different day right?

Don’t you ever get sick of it?

 

No probably not.

Maybe it’s because YOU

Are the one that’s always changing.

I never know which you I’m going to get.

 

And you say I’m the one who’s fake?

Sit down and wipe that cocky smile off your face.

 

Your all about the original, the only, the first.

Do you know how many people say that too?

So take a step back and step off your shiny pedestal,

Because, in reality, your just like everyone else.

 

And if my constant change makes me a fake…

Then baby, maybe I am a fake.

 

 

 

 

© 2010 Vanessa Macanas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I just read this again as I needed a good slapping set of words. Great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


haha...men complain at the beginning of the night when they have to wait around for women to get ready, but they sure don't complain at the end of the night lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this. Its a very powerful piece and it shows the extent that throwaway comments can effect individuals. You sound angry about words that have been used against you and rightfully so, sometimes people need to take a step back and look at themselves in the mirror in order to realise that their worlds are packed full with hypocrisy.


Posted 13 Years Ago


It is the way of most woman. They like change. Few men care if the cloth are clean. I like this poem. People who desire change have good minds. They want to test the ground they walk on. Only fake people are the people waiting for direction. Better to go forward and be content with yourself and the world around you. A very good poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like it because of the conflict and the vigour. I rather like the notilon of being always the same on the outside as I am a guy and I never get colours or stripes or checks right, so it is easier to have only black, white, blue and grey. Of course a few shockingly coloured scarves give it all a lift as required. But I'd hate to be a girl and have to deal with all those shoes, cosmetics, subtle differences of look. i don't think most guys notice anyway. But to vary one's spirit, now that is something altogether more exciting. I rather like the annoying other here, who is never the same...inside. Sounds challenging, hence the conflict. All relationships are based on soubtle power with one usually on top one way or another. But then I rather like Machiavelli's take on things.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Reminds me of someone in my life - never know which side of them I'm going to get, and you know what's sad, they don't know either, they can't have morals or beliefs because the only one they can stay true to is selfishness - which eradicates everything else. They’re usually very easily influenced as well, can’t seem to take the sheep’s coat off.

Change your hair and your clothes all you want - you're in control of yourself, f**k the rest of them, they’ll always try and control you because they’re scared. Honest subject matter, if a little raw.

Rant over :P


Posted 13 Years Ago


Clever rant about the annoying observations of others... 'la donna e mobile' - it's her privilege, after all... and we guys just like to think we are so grounded and solid...

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is more the innate nature of the Goddess to incarnate CHANGE. Manifested life in form is change. A consistency of appearance tilts toward an assertion of Mind in the midst of change. Vive la difference. Change and Mind, storm and stillness. It's all good. There is no point in being concerned about it one way or another. Consciousness accepts the dance, enjoys it. Ego wants to SIMULATE Mind, by making some sort of OBJECT of consistent attention. No need.

Sameness and change are utterly dependent on affective-cognitive CONTEXT as to implication.

The only fakery is when two sides of the same Reality bump heads on purpose instead of dancing.

The best part of this poem, I think, is the turnaround, whereby the one changing on the outside is more consistent internally, and the one always the same on the outside is changing internally. A delicious irony in the parrying of souls.

Posted 13 Years Ago


First, a couple of housekeeping issues. In stanza one, id should be is and in stanza six, your should be you're (twice in fact). Aside from that, the poem is essentially a good idea, addressed in an interesting way. I don't quite get the premise, though, of the one who always stays the same being the one who changes (compare stanzas three and four). What am I missing here? A small discrepancy, but one whose correction would make this a more powerful poem. :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

450 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2010
Last Updated on October 1, 2010

Author

Vanessa Macanas
Vanessa Macanas

Las Vegas, NV



About
ART. MUSIC. LOVE. The passions that she thrives upon. Surveillance reveals a compassionate young mind living with her heart on her sleeve. She induldges in long late night conversation and french v.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..