Woman of Words

Woman of Words

A Poem by Neville

Woman of Words

 

He fell in love with a

Woman of words

 

She

 

Could write them down

But dare not say them

 

She

 

Could whisper soft

But never meant a word

 

He

 

Was a man of many letters

 

She

 

Was a woman of many words

 

Despite their overriding passion

Not one of them could sing a love song

 

© 2019 Neville


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Neville,

She
Could whisper soft
But never meant a word

Clearly not singing from the same page, sexually compatible, but mentally divorced springs to mind

Could it ever work, yes on a superficial level, NEVER on the deepest level. One loves deeply, the other doesn't. Mind you there's probably many who can amble along like that. You pick your own poison, I did that once.

You could write a book about these lines you know. There's a lot of meat not showing on the bones of this poem. It's also a sad read.

Chris



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

yep.. seems like it dunnit..
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

I've come back for a second read to get my Neville fix while you are away. This is a fabulous poem. .. read more
Neville

5 Years Ago

many more thank you's our Chris... x



Reviews

this reminds me so cryptically of me... I AM that woman of many words... wow

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

congratulations my friend... and many thank you's for taking a peek at ya self.... Neville :)
Neville, I was getting ready to log off when I saw your poem and wanted to comment.

You express what I call the "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" relationship. Women don't always feel as men do and vice versa. You've expressed this fact nicely in your poem, yet I don't know if this is from the heart or a dramatization.

This particular poem exemplifies your love vs. her feelings. What Christine has replied is exactly the truth, at least as I see it too.

You appear to be the type of man who falls deeply, but by exposing your heart, you suffer greatly when a relationship doesn't work out completely.

A great poem that forces the reader to contemplate relationships. Thanks for posting. :-)



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

oh' bless you dear Tamara.. what a delightful and otherwise kind review...
Tamara Beryl Latham

5 Years Ago

The review was well-deserved.
Neville

5 Years Ago

bless ya T x
it makes me think of the old 'Jack Spratt' child poem I knew growing up but tangled up in much deeper emotions than sharing a dinner plate. And between the two instead of clearing off the plate together to food remains there, cold. Just the imagery that came to me after reading this. Thanks for sharing these aspects of yourself.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

thank you for taking time to consider these scribbles.. tis truly appreciated, I can tell ya... Nevi.. read more
Always beware of too many words not supported by enough action. It happens when we’re “just not that into them.” (There’s a bestseller on it) Words are just words and letters just letters. We as writers can and do sometimes get carried away with them but have dithered when the time came for realising them, taking the next step. Once or twice in life, I’ve been guilty of this too. Maybe a crazy writer’s quirk. I bow my head and accept the brickbats.

This poem is a masterpiece from you, N. kudos! 🤗

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

Hey Divya my friend, thanks for the tip... and well.. I shall keep it in mind... All Good Things... .. read more
This is so intriguing, I like this write. Nicely expressed

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

What can an old English guy do or say other than to express his sincere thanks for your most encoura.. read more
Some are lost for words, on others, words are lost. The art of communication is now being governed by the dexterity of the thumbs, so is proper lack of communication becoming less of a prerequisite of "passion"..?

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

bloomin texts and mobiles.. dont get me going on them sir Norm.....cheers sir...N :)
Very wonderful poem. Somehow I thought of the woman as being a blind person and the man being able to see, but can't hear. It was a nice write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

I like your interpretation.. thank you..
That makes a dangerous couple and even more so if separated ;P Words do have that power to seem like they're meant than actually meaning anything.
This had me thinking though of how often we encounter people like these...Interesting write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

thank you my friend.. much appreciated.. N
I thought on this one. I am inspired. I will think some more. Sometimes feelings are lost in translation.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

yes indeed.. sometimes they are... thank you...
I think this is the new essence of romance. A missing bond. Willingness to share one's inner heart is just not there.
You revealed the heart of a woman pretending and no words no matter how softly spoken can hide that.
Beautiful and penned in truth.


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neville

5 Years Ago

You are very kind Cherrie... thank you so much...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1261 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 1, 2019
Last Updated on January 1, 2019

Author

Neville
Neville

Gone West folks....., United Kingdom



About
Sometimes my imagination get's the better of me and then the pen takes over .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..