The Love In Your Eyes

The Love In Your Eyes

A Poem by Abhishek Izy
"

A surreal tale of a man who walks into a blind girl's life, whispers beautiful world in her years and loves her so much that he dies to give his eyes to her to see the world.

"
As I sit beside your grave in this cold and cloudy dawn,
Your name talks to me, my love. Just like old times.
When you were my eyes to the world, it felt so real.
You told me of sparrows chirping through leaves in the rains
And how the fishes swam in the shallow pools in the meadows 
I knew not of the old dusty trucks that were made of dying colors.
And you told me about the rabbits hopping in the cabbage farms.
Darkness in my eyes could barely remember the shades of the world.
As I grew up, everything I knew were turned into black and grey.
Until you arrived and whispered in my ears, of colors that surrounds me.
With so much of love, you slowly rebuilt the world as I last saw it.
And all I knew was that it looked perfect from your eyes that know it.
I remember your silence when I said the world looks nice but how about you
Probably you knew not what to say to make me feel any better
But you didn’t disappear and walked back to me the next day.
You whispered it like a secret in my ears. That you looked no good,
And you couldn't face your own ugliness in front of the mirrors.
People around hated you so much and you desired to live not but for me
It only made me loved you so much more. I hugged you like forever.
For your eyes saw everything so beautiful that I never needed mine.
You said what I never wanted to hear, that your eyes will look good on me.
Now you're dead and your eyes are in me, still alive like a dream.
And the world I see looks so dull, I'd rather hear you tell me of it.
The colors you built in me with your words, makes this world so grey.
You lied to me my love, for I have never seen someone as good as you.
The Village still talks of your charms and they so much seek for you.
You thought it'll make me happy, but I feel naked and so blind now
Only if you had lived for me and didn't die to give those eyes to me.
Now I see what I don't want to see, and live a life I want no more.
Maybe I'll sing stories of your love and die beside your cold grave.

© 2019 Abhishek Izy


Author's Note

Abhishek Izy
This is grammar crippled and under the total glare of the "poetic license".Kind request to those review it (if you will) as a writer, not as an editor.
Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are enormous poems and stories talking about the sacrifice for their loved ones but here is what actually love and sacrifice for it means.
Fantastically composed poetry!
Thank you for a great read Dear Abhishek

Posted 4 Years Ago


Abhishek Izy

4 Years Ago

Hello Muskan, I read this sweet review of yours bunch of days before but couldn't revert due to bad .. read more
Muskan

4 Years Ago

You are welcome :-)
Its so heartbreaking to receive the 'gift of loss'... We hear it often, something that causes an end to one, to benefit another. Its is an addictive and bittersweet feeling. I feel for the voice in the poem. What good is sight if you have nobody to describe it to? Beautifully put, and it feels like a warm cookie on a stormy day, right up the the chills on my arms. Thank you for this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Abhishek Izy

5 Years Ago

Thank you ExposedSiren!!

You have summed it up so very well and I love the way you de.. read more
There are many stories that talk about the loss of a loved one, but this is a really creative story to describe the loss of a loved one. I really like the uniqueness of the loss you create. Like I said the creativity makes it more interesting to read than other stories of lost love.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Abhishek Izy

5 Years Ago

Thank you Tony. Your reviews were pretty deep and insightful and needless to say, you just brought i.. read more
Tony

5 Years Ago

My pleasure!
The summary alone caught my attention. So powerful to give your eyes to another, the visual alone... just. I admire the way the blind adapt. People call it a disability but I call it learning a new language and enhancing senses once dulled in comparison. How their minds must be so complex because even if they can't see in colors or at all, they can still visualize it and I am intrigued by just what they "see".

Amazing writing. I just struggle to find the words to portray the powerful message youve sent through this poem.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Abhishek Izy

5 Years Ago

Well that certainly makes complete sense. I’m loving our lil exchange of thoughts. It’s kind of .. read more
Lavi

5 Years Ago

So true. It just blows my mind to see that people across cities, states, and countries are seeing my.. read more
Abhishek Izy

5 Years Ago

Is 3:55 AM in Dallas, Texas!!!!!! I hope I ain't keeping you awake. I totally forgot the timelines a.. read more
Oh my, this really got to me. And made me cry. Reading this a very emotional, sincere, beautiful well crafted and articulate, straight forward read. That speaks volumes to me and your readers. Of an unselfish heart and soul. A good person. Who was sadly misjudged by others due to how they looked on the outside. And one took the time to see them for who they really were. Until he meets the blind girl. Who saw him for who he really was a beautiful soul. And when he passed she got his eyes. And now she sees the ugliness the world has to offer. And misses her beloved dear true sweet friend. As he gave her love, happiness and joy. As he saw goodness and beauty in a dark world.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Abhishek Izy

5 Years Ago

This is a very well understood and a review straight from your heart, Dawn. I can feel it. I’m so .. read more
It's beautiful and quite emotional. I really liked the part where she says she doesn't want to see the real world which is not so very good. Keep up the good work 👍

Posted 5 Years Ago


Abhishek Izy

5 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind review. I hope you are doing well
WOW! Such a deepness and sadness really, So much emotional through out.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Abhishek Izy

5 Years Ago

Thank you Brandie. To be very fair the write is kind of very rich in feeling yet poorly designed, ma.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 25, 2019
Last Updated on January 25, 2019
Tags: blindness, love, beautiful, nature, darkness, grave, eyes

Author

Abhishek Izy
Abhishek Izy

Bengaluru, India



About
Hello Everyone, This is Abhishek Kumar, and I had an old profile here which isn't accessible anymore under the pen name "AbhishekIzy". Hence creating an entirely new profile, though I might be import.. more..

Writing