Microstory 254: Perspective Twenty-Nine

Microstory 254: Perspective Twenty-Nine

A Story by Nick Fisherman
"

This is an experimental Perspectives microstory. The introduction can be found in Microstory 225. More to follow.

"
This is my frog, Professor Collywobbles. He’s a real frog, but he’s also not a real frog. When he’s in his tank, all he can do is sit there, and sometimes swim around. But when I draw him, he can do whatever I want him to. He can talk, play the drums, and he can solve the national debt crisis. I like to draw myself into Professor Collywobbles’ stories so that we can go on adventures together. When I’m in Professor Collywobbles’ world, I don’t have to worry about people looking at me, or judging me. I am free to talk as I please, and I always know just what to say. I don’t have to wear glasses either, because Professor Collywobbles has cured by eyes. Last week, he and I needed to pay a visit to the Queen of Atlantis, but I can’t hold my breath that long, and so he designed a special mask that converts water into air, and it also allows me to communicate telepathically, because there’s no talking underwater. As we are awaiting audience with the Queen, I notice that Prince Malvolio is staring at me. I look away for a moment, and then look back, but he’s still staring at me. I tell Professor Collywobbles that I’m not feeling well so that I can get away and be alone. While I’m picking seaflowers, I look up to find that Prince Malvolio has followed me. I ask him what he wants of me and he says that he just likes to hear me sing. When I tell him that I’m not singing, he assures me that he can hear my soul, and I never need to utter word. I turn away and almost want to cry, because I don’t want him to look at me with my ugly mask on, but he says that I’m beautiful. He asks me to come with him so that he can show me his favorite spot in all of Atlantis. We swim together for hours, through sea caves, around schools of fishes going to class, and even a little on the surface. The city is bigger than I realized. Finally, he stops on the edge of an underwater cliff and sits down, but there’s nothing there. There are a lot of particulates in the water, and it’s pretty dark. I ask him why he likes this place so much, and he says that no one else would come here because it’s boring. That’s what makes it special. It’s just for him. I point out that I now know about it but he just hugs me and smiles. Then he says that he wouldn’t have it any other way.

© 2016 Nick Fisherman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on February 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 11, 2016
Tags: animals, Atlantis, cave, cliff, crying, flowers, friend, frog, invention, microfiction, microstory, ocean, perspective, professor, school, sea, singing, student, swimming, water

Author

Nick Fisherman
Nick Fisherman

About
BE SURE TO READ MY ONGOING NOVEL SERIES, THE ADVANCEMENT OF MATEO MATIC PUBLISHED VOLUME 1 (2015): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/624899 2016 Installments: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/N.. more..

Writing
Test Test

A Story by Nick Fisherman