Microstory 263: Perspective Thirty-Eight

Microstory 263: Perspective Thirty-Eight

A Story by Nick Fisherman
"

This is an experimental Perspectives microstory. The introduction can be found in Microstory 225. More to follow.

"
You should give this a listen. He is my favorite musical artist of all time. I thought I had found my favorite band when I was in eighth grade, and I still listen to them all the time, but this guy’s voice is just magnificent. Our radio station has this bit where they play local bands and try to get them exposure. Several of these groups have actually gone on to become famous nationwide, or even worldwide. Now this guy here didn’t quite start out like that. He put up a few videos on the internet and word of mouth propelled his career exponentially, but the support from the radio station certainly didn’t hurt him. I have been his fan since day one. My older brother used to play with him in high school band, and even amongst all the wretched noises from kids with no talent, I could hear his soul. He stood out, and it was clear that he was the best. I started following him on social media and waited for his career to begin. I wanted to encourage him personally, but I didn’t want to come off as pushy or creepy, so I was quiet and patient. Now I’m not so scared. He went on tour last summer, and I followed him around to nearly every city. My grandmother fell ill so I missed a few shows, but other than that, I was right there, literally front and center. I cannot figure out my parents, though. Every several months, they completely change tactics with how they raise me. And they have been doing this my whole life. Sometimes they’re incredibly strict and overbearing; other times they barely notice me; and they occasionally go through these moments where they let me do what I want as long as I’m being safe. Fortunately, this matched up perfectly with the tour. But now I’m back home and all they can talk about is my grades. They should know that they don’t have to worry. I’m no genius, but I’m also no slouch. I do all right. I wish I could start a band of my own, but that’s not my thing. I need to think of something to do; someone to be, because I am going to college, but there’s no way it won’t be a state school. Ah whatever, I have plenty of time.

© 2016 Nick Fisherman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on February 25, 2016
Last Updated on February 25, 2016
Tags: family, grandmother, home, internet, microfiction, microstory, music, parents, perspective, radio, school, sick, video

Author

Nick Fisherman
Nick Fisherman

About
BE SURE TO READ MY ONGOING NOVEL SERIES, THE ADVANCEMENT OF MATEO MATIC PUBLISHED VOLUME 1 (2015): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/624899 2016 Installments: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/N.. more..

Writing
Test Test

A Story by Nick Fisherman