Microstory 294: Perspective Sixty-Nine

Microstory 294: Perspective Sixty-Nine

A Story by Nick Fisherman
"

This is an experimental Perspectives microstory. The introduction can be found in Microstory 225. More to follow.

"
Okay, first of all, I don’t call it stalking. I’m passionate. When I first saw this girl, it’s not like I immediately fell in love and knew she was “the one”. I was just sitting in the dorm cafeteria one night, eating my dinner alone, like I do. I had no ill intentions, I assure you, but she caught my eye, and she was just absolutely stunning. She stood out from the crowd, and I couldn’t understand why other people weren’t staring at her. She was only in my field of vision for a few seconds before disappearing around the corner, but that was all the information I needed. I noticed that she was walking right behind someone I recognized from one of the school libraries. I didn’t even know if they were friends, or just happened to be walking in the same direction, but I still had my starting point. I didn’t know her friend’s name, but I knew she worked with another girl from one of my classes. I didn’t know her name either, but I could find out from the list of my classmates through the school web portal. It took me a while to hunt down the right person, but I found her. Then I cross-referenced her social media friend list by using the library as work parameters, and found the possible friend of my target. Then I browsed through her friend list to find the girl I was looking for. She was even more beautiful now that I could stop and look at static pictures. I had a pretty extensive debate in my own head about what I should do next. I didn’t actually think I would find her, but I did, so I could either leave it alone or do something about it. But I had to do something. It was a sign. Somebody upstairs wanted us to be together, otherwise my search would have hit a brick wall, right? I friended her, and she asked me why, so I told her...part of the truth, at least. She let me stay connected with her, but never talked to me, so I knew she was just feeling me out to see if it was real. And it’s real. I’ve been working the problem since we graduated, and I grow closer and closer to a date every day. Now she’s claiming I’m stalking her, which is ridiculous. It’s not like I’m secretly watching her behind the bushes. I know she’s not in love with me, I’m not crazy. I also know she could be, if she just gave me a chance. That’s all I need; one chance. I’m actually a good person. At the very least, I’m better than the guy she keeps breaking up with. I can’t be a stalker anyway, because I’m being stalked.

© 2016 Nick Fisherman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on April 8, 2016
Last Updated on April 8, 2016
Tags: college, food, friends, graduation, library, love, microfiction, microstory, perspective, picture, problems, school, stalking, work

Author

Nick Fisherman
Nick Fisherman

About
BE SURE TO READ MY ONGOING NOVEL SERIES, THE ADVANCEMENT OF MATEO MATIC PUBLISHED VOLUME 1 (2015): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/624899 2016 Installments: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/N.. more..

Writing
Test Test

A Story by Nick Fisherman