The Birds, The Flight

The Birds, The Flight

A Poem by Nicole Renee

Following the time, 
I wonder if I'll ever
Fly into the big 
Blue sky with wings and swirl like
There's no keeping time of life. 

© 2010 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
A senryu (5-7-5-7-7).

I was looking for haikus, but instead found an old senryu poem of mine, A Truth Untold. That was my late night inspiration.

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Elizabeth_Rose/254410/

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful words you chose to write 'pon. I find a little taste of freedom in your poetic art. Sometimes, it's hard to understand what a life's 'bout, but when it comes to words, yes.. the heart speaks well to spirit to express how even the life brings things alive in life with freedom. Time never stops for anyone.. nobody stops for anyone so.. we much move on along winds to find anew freedom .. anew love to leave what's not even ours. Nice imagery you've come up with. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is a piece of thought is from the philosophical moments of your life….
Liked it…


Posted 13 Years Ago


For some reason I can identify with birds therefore I totally can relate this piece on a spiritually level. Excellent write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good write, there is so much freedom in the line "There's no keeping time of life." I have to point out though that this is actually a Tanka poem. (5-7-5-7-7) a poem structure and discipline related to the Haiku. A Senryu has the same syllable count as a Haiku (5-7-5). The difference between the two is that Haiku reflects the 4 seasons or nature. And the Senryu deals with emotions or human nature. Keep 'em coming poet, you really did a good job. :~)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2010
Last Updated on May 16, 2010

Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee