Maze of ruins

Maze of ruins

A Story by -GB-
"

An excerpt from an unfinished story..

"

Every step i took towards you..led me away from you..The secluded 'Mirror Tower' is entirely built on glass.The room on the 23rd floor is filled with pitch blackness.The dull night sky reflecting within the glass of the room,has this searing effect on my skin.I have been here with my dull gaze fixated outside on the infinity of the view.As if the lights were never invented.The only lights are the dying burning yellow rays that sun has left behind.

 

This room..once filled with people and blinding shimmer of life is purposely empty and look like a ruin of a monument now.When i wander lonely and stare around i see the words we exchanged carved on the walls.When i sit on the naked floor it feels like your cold body inside the blanket that i spent my nights warming up..and when the daylight hits the space here,the floating figures of you and me vanish in air turning into millions of particles of memories.This room..is a ruin of a monument now..a memorial.

 

Tonight is the night where the world outside is on a blackout..It looks as if an apocalypse has hit the city.Inside me there is a maze of ruins too.Built with passion and broken with desire..these ruins exist in me.I am running and escaping from this endless maze of thoughts.Tripping over hurt and hiding behind satisfaction.Its a complete world of its own..and i spend everyday living more into it then the sudden apocalyptic world outside.Since in my ruins..there are chambers full of you..when you were happy with me.So i trip on hurt and i stumble upon pain..and i take it all to get to one of those chambers and never leave it ever again.

 

On the outside..My gaze is still fixed on the vast unlimited sight of the sky.Though my eyes are wide open but they are blank.Like the letter you left me with.It had the signs of your struggles with the pen which was impotent of putting out your reasons..dots and full-stops..emitting the end.

 

© 2012 -GB-


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written. I really liked the detailed imagery. When I read words turn into a movie of own in my head. This one here was awesome.

Posted 11 Years Ago


-GB-

11 Years Ago

I hope my upcoming book have the same essence as this..its an excerpt from that..Thanks Creeper!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
GB, you have a marvelous capacity for story telling. Your blended words form a recipe of scenes that come to life through your words. A really fine job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


-GB-

11 Years Ago

This is really a creative boost coming from you Drd..I am new into storytelling and high on the idea.. read more
this story reminded me of a movie name 9 the animation one.. which is dark, sad and really disturbing... and even that salad fingers.. videos in youtube.. kind of creepy and sad.. u tried to write this more like a poem than a story..

wat is tat "mirror tower" mean can u plz explain.. is this story going to be a fantasy one.. or just a plain tragic love story.. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dreaming lord

11 Years Ago

spiritual fantasy... hmm.. love tht....
-GB-

11 Years Ago

and also..a subsequent love story..;)
Dreaming lord

11 Years Ago

hehe yes spiritual is incomplete with out love.. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 26, 2012
Last Updated on October 26, 2012

Author

-GB-
-GB-

New Delhi, New Delhi, India



About
I am an Idealist,Spiritualist, Philosopher,Merinthophobic,Narcissistic and sometimes Psychopathic woman! more..

Writing
-Pseudo You- -Pseudo You-

A Poem by -GB-


-My Contradict- -My Contradict-

A Poem by -GB-