The Look In Her Eyes

The Look In Her Eyes

A Poem by Jade-UH
"

I was madly in love with a girl. We dated, she found out that she was with child, we broke-up (she wanted the dad to be part of her daughter's life), she lost the baby, and she was never mine again.

"
The look in her eyes sets me a blaze inside. Why do I even try? In my heart I know it's not right, and I know I'll never win. Even still at the end of every night, before I close my eyes, my last thoughts are of her. That beautiful face, her wonderful soul, everything about her is lovely. I want to wrap her up in my arms, and make everything alright. Yet I know I can't because she wont let me, why? I'll never know. I guess it's all just part of this unfinished show called life. We all end in strife. Continuously reaching for something divine. Some kind of fire that rests inside. That disease in our souls. The tiny light at our core that makes us thrive. Some might call it love. Like a million white doves soaring up above. The view is so splendid, and the feeling unended. When you find that great beauty to look upon. Then the pondering begins "how to court her?" you think endlessly. Time after time she just shoots you down. You're nothing but a sad clown. Days go by and you've changed your mind "she's worth it all" you think to yourself. So you try again, and again. Until you're ready to give up, and before you know it she's done it again. She gave you that look or hell this time all she had to do was laugh. It's almost pathetic the way you turn to putty in her hands. You just can't help it, and no one understands. She's perfect, she's everything, everything, but yours.

© 2012 Jade-UH


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012
Tags: love

Author

Jade-UH
Jade-UH

My Room, IN



About
Hello, I'm Jade. I'm 18. I write on and off because I'm a stream of conscious writer, and I'm generally only good when my emotions are at their peak. It's been a good outlet for me over the years. I .. more..

Writing