Chapter 1: Chocolate Frog?

Chapter 1: Chocolate Frog?

A Chapter by Andrew Nightingale
"

First, little chapter. Introduction of main characters.

"

I

Chocolate Frog?

 

“Anything from the trolley, dears?” The trolley lady moved from cabin to cabin within the Hogwarts express, handing out sweets and sugars to the first-year students who were eagerly awaiting their destination; Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

“No thank you,” Rose Weasley replied with a wave of her hand.

“What are those?” Albus Potter pointed to a hexagonal box that slightly moved when something kicked it on the inside.

“Chocolate frogs.”

Albus had a little bit of sickness on his face, “frogs?”

“It’s just a charm dearie; they won’t bite on the way down. They taste wonderful.”

“Then I’ll like one please.” Albus handed the trolley lady some coins as she switched them with a chocolate frog.

“Anything else, dear?”

“No thank you,” Albus said with a smile as the lady returned the gesture, walking further down the aisle.

“I don’t see how anyone could put such things in their mouths. Charmed or not,” Rose said in an upstart tone.

Albus opened the box as a chocolate frog immediately jumped out and climbed the window. Albus quickly caught it and when it was in his firm grip, bit its head off. The frog’s body limped. Rose made a disgusted face, “next time you eat your frog, do so in private. That’s absolutely horrid.”
“Sorry,” said Albus with his mouth full of chocolate, “but I saw you eat one last Christmas.”

“Yes, but I dispelled the charm before eating it.”

“How do you do that?”

Before Rose could answer, a young boy with long, white hair knocked next to their cabin.

“Is that seat taken? There’s nowhere else to sit.” The boy asked with a sense of dignity.

“No,” Albus said, waving his hands for the boy to sit down.

The boy sat immediately, “my name is Scorpius Malfoy, but I’m sure you have already heard of me Nice to meet you.”

“Pleasure,” said Rose with sarcasm, knowing the boy was too full of himself, “my name is…”

“Yes, I know,” interrupted Scorpius, “the odd combination of red hair and blue eyes. You must be a Weasley; Rose is it?” Scorpius looked at Albus, “black hair, green eyes. You are the son of the infamous Mr. Potter. You were named after the head chairman of the school before the war. Albus, is it?”

“Yes, how did you know?” Albus was shocked by the boy’s intuition.

“My father knows everything and everyone there is to know about in the Wizard world.”

“Draco Malfoy,” said Rose, “there’s no surprise.”

Scorpius looked at her with distain. Albus pointed to something Scorpius was holding,

“Is that a chocolate frog?”

“Yes, though I don’t like eating it without dispelling the charm first.”

“I can do that,” Rose took the boxed frog and whipped out her oak-made wand. She waved it over the box, saying, “dipellendum.” A sound of glass breaking was heard inside the box. Rose opened it; the chocolate frog was not moving. “There, that’s how it’s done.”

“Where did you learn that spell?” Albus delighted in always seeing magic in person.

“Spells Simplified, chapter eight.”

“That’s impossible,” Scorpius interrupted, “that book is for intermediate wizard training only.”

“That’s Rose. She’s ahead of her age,” Albus said giving a slight laugh.

“Who gave you such a book?” Scorpius continued to inquire.

“My mum gave it to me.”

“Aunt Hermione?” Albus asked as Rose nodded in reply.

“She’s the smartest Witch there is.”

“But my father is the most powerful. He and I are both pure-blood wizards,” Scorpius scoffed, “anyone could do such a simple spell.”

“Alright then,” Rose replied, “let’s see you charm it? I’m sure that’s not too difficult for a pure-blood wizard.”

“We’re here!” Albus was looking out his window as Scorpius and Rose joined him. They were pulling into the Hogwarts station where Rubeus Hagrid, the keeper of keys and grounds of Hogwarts, was awaiting them. His hair was losing its color and has grey but all in all, the half giant was looking lively to meet the first years. The train soon came to a complete stop with a screech of metal, the hissing of steam and the sound of the train’s whistle. This is it, thought Albus. “Let’s go!”

Albus grabbed a small pouch resting overhead his seat and Rose took down a small cage with a strange animal inside.

“What is that?” Questioned Scorpius.

“Her name is Lily. She’s a ferret.”

“Ugh, how disgusting,” scoffed Scorpius as he looked at the small, white ferret in the cage. Lily hissed at Scorpius as he suddenly jumped, backing off. “How could you have such a disgusting creature?”

“My mum doesn’t like it either. My father however gave Lily to me as a going away gift.”

“Uncle Ron?”

“Yes Albus. I wanted a rat but for some reason my father has a thing against rats. I wonder why but he won’t tell me.”

Students started walking in the aisle toward the exit, catching Albus’ attention, “c’mon. Let’s go.” Albus, Scorpius and Rose together made their way to the exit, making their way through the crowd to see Hagrid. When the half-giant saw them, his eyes widened as he saw the three of them approach.

“Well, blimy. Is that you Albus?”

“Hi Hagrid. My father told me to come see you once we were off the train.”

Hagrid continued to stare at him without saying anything. Albus looked puzzled, “Hagrid, are you ok?”

Hagrid seemed to snap out of a deep thought as his eyes started to become teary, “Aye, I’m fine lad. It’s just that…I remember your father’s first year here at Hogwarts. You look exactly like him. It makes me feel like I’m visiting my good memories. I feel a little younger, that I do. But c’mon, it’s time to head off.” Hagrid started to yell, “First years. First years, this way please. This way,” Albus, Rose, Scorpius and the remaining first years started to follow Hagrid in a large group toward the black lake, where their future lives at Hogwarts awaited them.



© 2012 Andrew Nightingale


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012
Tags: albus, potter, harry, witchcraft, and, the, book, of, shadow, chocolate, frog, chapter, nightingale


Author

Andrew Nightingale
Andrew Nightingale

CA



About
I love to write obviously. I love wrting fantasy fiction, romance, mystery, and sci-fi short story and novels. I also love poetry and everything in between. I am perfectly open to new ideas and people.. more..

Writing