Unknown

Unknown

A Story by Niketh
"

My book in progress

"

*Title goes here






Dedicated to Idan for inspiring me to write








Chapter One

School


Jett was a normal sixth grader just waiting for school to get out. It was a Thursday and Jett was looking forward to going on a camping trip with five friends on a four day weekend.

“I’m so bored, why can’t school get out sooner?” whispered Jett to his friends.

“I know right. Ms. Doloway is the most boring grammar teacher in the world,” replied another one of Jett’s friends, Jaxson.

“Look on the bright side guys, at least we got to sit together. Normally we have to sit in the bad boy - girl seating pattern,” said Lizeth, a girl who was really smart.

“But this assignment is so boring,” said Aries. “I mean, one grammar mistake is not going to be the end of your life,” he added.

“Table Five, be quiet!” yelled Ms. Doloway. “If you talk anymore I will break up your group and send you all to other tables.”

“I have no idea how to answer the last question, and school is getting out in three minutes,” said Kathryn, a girl who Jett had known since kindergarten. “And I don’t want to have to do this on our camping trip.”

“Look more carefully at the directions and then maybe you will get it,” said Gauge. “I was also stuck on that question, but after I looked at the question more carefully I got it.” After two more minutes, the bell finally rang. The six friends leaped out of their seats and dashed down the hallway, not wanting to be in the back of the pack of kids that were also sprinting down the hallway.

“Hey guys! Ready for the camping trip?” asked Jett’s mom.

“Oh yeah!” yelled Jaxson. “I’m going to hike and find cool animals to look at.”

“You guys are all coming with me to the camp site,” said Jett’s mom. The friends all followed her to her minivan, bursting with excitement for their camping trip.


























Chapter Two

The Camping Trip


“We are finally there!” exclaimed Jett. “Three hours is way too long a drive.”

“Well, now we’re there, so why don’t you kids run outside and get some fresh air,” replied Jett’s mom. “I know the other parents and your little siblings are all ready here.”

“Aries, will you please wake up Jaxson?” asked Kathryn. Jaxson had fallen asleep after fifteen minutes of the long car drive.

“Sure thing,” replied Aries. He shook Jaxson. “Wake up bro, we’re at the camping site.”

“Ok, I’m awake,” said Jaxson, but he sounded sleepy.

“Remember the basketball court they have here near the river? Let’s go play a game.”

“That sounds fun,” said Gauge. “I think fair teams are, me, Aries, and Kathryn, and  the other team will be, Jett, Jaxson and Lizbeth.”

“I don’t think so,” said Lizbeth. “I don’t want to play basketball, i just want to go look at nature. Why don’t you let Hunter play instead of me?”

“Ok sweet, I’m in,” said Jett. The six friends walked to the campsite. “Hunter do you want to play basketball with us?” Jett asked.

“Sure!” replied Hunter, who was only eight years old. “But only if I can be on my brother Jaxson’s team,” he added.

“You can be with me and Jaxson, okay?” asked Jett.

“Okay!” replied Hunter. The six walked off to the basketball court leaving Lizbeth behind. As soon as they got to the court, they formed into their teams and sent one person up to play rock-paper-scissors for first possession of the ball. Jaxson won and started dribbling the ball up the court. Kathryn started guarding him, while Arion guarded Jett and Gauge guarded Hunter.

“You are not going to get past me today,” said Kathryn, who always started trash talking at the start of any basketball game. “Basketball is my best sport,” she added.

“I might not be able to, but Jett sure can,” Jaxson replied. He sent a rocket pass to Jett and Jett caught it with ease. He dribbled past Aries easily and suddenly, about six feet from the basket, jumped four feet up and easily laid in the shot.

Jett landed with a surprised look. “How did I just do that?” he asked.

“I don’t know, but that was pretty insane!” replied Jaxson.
























Chapter Three

The Discovery


As the friends walked back to the campsite, they pondered what happened. “That was creepy,” said Kathryn. “I mean, it was also cool, but it’s not possible for somebody to jump that high.”

“As I jumped, it was like the air under me was boosting me up,” said Jett. “I felt like if I wanted, I could be boosted up even higher.”

“You should try to jump that high again,” Aries said. “It would be cool if you could jump that high all the time.

“Yeah it would be,” agreed Gauge. “Then you would be a pro at basketball.”

“I'll give it a try, but I feel like that would be cheating for basketball,” replied Jett. “Well, here goes nothing.” With that he jumped into the air. As he reached the top point of his jump, he started flying up. “Wow! I’m flying,” Jett exclaimed.

“Okay, I gotta admit, this is cool,” said Jaxson. Jett started moving side to side and doing tricks in the air. “Wouldn’t it be cool if we all had powers,” he said.

“Jaxson I have to use the bathroom,” said Hunter

“Okay go but don’t say anything about this to our parents,” agreed Jaxson. As Hunter left to go back to the camp, Lizbeth appeared from the trees.

“What did I miss?” she asked. As Kathryn explained to Lizbeth everything that has just happened, Jett was messing around with his new powers.

“Since I can control the air, could I move air not just to fly?” Jett asked himself. He made a pushing motion towards Aries, and Aries flew backwards like he was pushed.

“Dude what was that for!” exclaimed Aries.

“I’m sorry it was an accident. I did not think that my idea would actually work,” replied Jett.

“That does not make up for the fact that you pushed me!” yelled Aries. It looked to the others that his pupils were mini fireballs. Suddenly, his hands got wreathed in flames and he charged Jett.

“Dude stop!” yelled Jett. Jett threw up his hands and suddenly, Aries fell back as if he had run into a brick wall. Aries slowly got up, and then his whole body was covered with flames.

“I will hurt you,” Aries said. “I will hurt you and all your friends here,” he said in a strange voice.

Gauge grabbed the small bucket near the court and quickly ran to the river and filled it up. “Aries! Stop!” he yelled at Aries who was still trying to break through the air wall that Jett had put up. “Stop or I will throw this water at you,” he added.

“I will not stop!” Aries shot back in that same strange voice.. He raised his hands and shot bolts of fire at Jett. The fire broke on the wall, but Jett had to concentrate more to hold the wall. Slowly a sweat started to bead on Jett’s face. Gauge threw the water at Aries, but it missed.

Jett’s face was covered in sweat. Suddenly, his air wall broke. Aries took advantage of the opportunity and rushed Jett, his hands once again wreathed in flames.

“No!” Gauge yelled. Amazingly, all the water that was on the court from Gauge’s last throw flew back in the air in a ball, then slammed into Aries.

Aries’ fires were doused and he shook his head. “What just happened?” he asked.

“You tell me!” Lizbeth yelled. “You were attacking Jett and if Gauge had not discovered his new water powers, your new flame powers would have killed him.

“I was not in control of my body,” Aries said. “It felt like I was just watching myself hurt you guys.”

“Don’t blame him, it was me,” that same strange voice hissed from the air. “I am a spirit and I can control any of you.”
























Chapter Four

Monsters


“But that would not be any fun,” the voice added. “It would be a lot more fun if some physical monsters came and tore you apart.” The friends heard a rustling in the bushes.

“RUN!” yelled Jaxson. All the friends started running fast on the path away from the basketball court. Lizbeth, the slowest of the six, started falling behind, but Jett summoned the air to push her faster.

“If you are in need, think hard about fighting and weapons of your element will appear in your hands,” whispered a voice inside Jett’s head.

“Guys!” said Jett while running. “There’s this strange voice in my head which is telling me what to do.”

“The monsters are gaining on us, we have no choice but to do what they tell us,” said Kathryn. All the kids stopped and concentrated. Weapons only came to those that had unlocked their powers. A sword for Jett, twin daggers for Gauge, and another sword for Aries. Jett’s sword’s blade was lightning. The blades of Gauge’s daggers were water, and the blade of Aries’ sword was fire. The friends faced the path, and waited for the monsters to come.






Chapter Five

The Fight


The friends could hear the monsters approaching. The three that had weapons prepared for a fight in that clearing. Then, suddenly, a pack of oversized wolves with red eyes appeared at the tree line. The lead one charged, but Jett fired a bolt of lightning at him from his finger and turned the monster into dust. Then the rest charged, and the three were in for the fight of their lives, while the others tried to help by throwing stick and stones.

It was becoming to be night. The friends were losing energy while the monsters only seemed to be gaining energy. The three were killing some, but not fast enough. “Your friend Kathryn has to unlock her powers now, or you will all die,” said that same voice inside Jett’s head. “Her light powers will save you all from the monsters. Monsters get many times more powerful during the night.”

“Kathryn the voice inside my head just said you need to try to keep these monsters away. You need to concentrate and try and unlock your powers,” Jett told Kathryn, while engaging three wolves in combat.

“Ok I’ll try, but it’s not that easy!” she yelled back. Kathryn closed her eyes and concentrated. Thirty seconds later, when she opened her eyes, they were all light. The wolves backed away at first, but as they realized she was not harming them they came forward to fight the three.

“Stay away from my friends!” Kathryn yelled. She thrust out her palms, and a wave of light flowed forward, not harming her friends, but annihilating all the wolves. The friends lowered their weapons, looking in awe at Kathryn, and their weapons faded away.




























Chapter Six

The Rider


“Good job,” said that same voice inside Jett’s head. “We are sending one of our men to pick you up and bring you to our base.”

“Guys the voice inside my head said that they are sending somebody to pick us up. How do I communicate with him?” Jett asked his friends.

“I’m not sure, let’s just wait here for the man to come then we’ll see if we can communicate with him,” replied Gauge. After waiting fifteen minutes, the friends heard the flapping of wings.

“Look, up there, a bird!” said Jett. Some animal that resembled a bird was circling down into the clearing. As the animal was much lower, the friends could tell it was much bigger than even a large bird. When it landed they could tell that it was a dragon. This was not any more surprising than the rest of the day had been to them.

“Hello,” said Lizbeth. “Are you the man that was sent to pick us up?” she asked.

“Yes I am,” the man replied. “But first, before I take you, I need proof that you are the people that have powers.” Jett closed his eyes for a moment, and his electrical sword appeared in his hands, humming with power, and lighting up the clearing at dusk. “Okay you are the ones,” the man agreed. Jett put away his weapon, and the six friends got on the dragon.

The view was amazing from the dragon. As it sped up, the view of the land two hundred feet up blurred. Thirty minutes later, the dragon descended into a clearing in a massive forest. The forest made Jett think of his parents, and his baby sister, and his eyes teared up. “What will happen to our parents?” he asked the rider.

“That is a question for our leader,” the man replied. “He is the one that has been telling you what to do,” he added.

Once the dragon landed in the clearing, the friends climbed off. Jett could not help himself, and he jumped off the dragon and did a double backflip in the air. A man dressed in a blue t-shirt and black running shorts walked out of the trees.

“Good job Anaru, I’ll take them from here,” said the man. Anaru (the rider) walked back to his dragon and started washing his neck. “Follow me, I’ll take you to our leader,” he said.

After walking around two miles, they reached a sheer wall of rock. The man put his hand on the rock, and purple lines of energy extended out of his hands, then a door roughly thirty feet tall by twenty feet wide swung open. The man walked inside. “Come on inside,” he said.

After walking through a ton of tunnels carved into the stone, they finally reached their destination. In the wall of the tunnel was a wooden door. The man knocked on it, and it swung open. A man stood in the doorway. “Come in, I have a lot to explain to you,” that man said.











Chapter Seven

The Voice


After the friends walked inside, the man closed the door. “My name is Xanthos,” he said. “I understand that you are the ones that have elemental powers. Let me explain to you who we are here. All the people here have basic magic. The chance of being magical is roughly one out of one hundred thousand. When you are magical, you have powers like us, you have basic controls over the six elements, Fire, Earth, Light, Shadow, Water, and Air. For example, a magician here could summon a flame around the size of a birthday candle flame. Nothing like what you guys can do. Magicians here have less control over Air, because Air is the hardest and most powerful element.”

“I understand all that, but who is our enemy?” asked Lizbeth.

“That is a good question Lizbeth,” replied Xanthos. “You may have noticed that all the elements here are natural. Our enemy is the anti-natural. It is very rare for a human to be bestowed with the powers of the anti-natural, but if it happens, that person will be a threat to our organization.”

“So that’s who we’re facing,” remarked Jett.

“Yes. In nineteen-ninety one, a very bright college student with a GPA of four by the name of Fergus Modred was consumed by Chaos. He was an above average magician who was very good with all elements, but he used his powers for bad. Chaos got a grip on him, and he turned bad. He has been attacking magicians on errands for years now with his army of monsters, and he has almost found our base. We are the only thing stopping him from taking over the world. If he finds us, he will attack us with his army, and we will be overrun. When we found your signals-”

“Wait. Our signals?” Gauge asked.

“Yes. All magicians give off faint signals, and with the right tech, you can home in on those signals.”

“What about the man that came and picked us up on a dragon? Who was he?” asked Kathryn.

“Some magicians have dragons. You guys, being masters of one element, will have dragons. Your dragon will represent your element, and you will be able to coordinate with your dragon mentally,” said Xanthos. Suddenly, an alarm started blaring.

The door was pushed open. “Sir! An army of five hundred monsters is headed our way!”


















Chapter Eight

The Battle


The kids and Xanthos ran to the door. “They are going to break the door! We have to go out and fight. You kids are our last hope!” yelled Xanthos. The massive stone door swung open, and the friends truly got their first look at this massive army. The army charged. Lizbeth raised her hands, and the massive stone door unattached from the cave wall, flattened on the ground, and swept along the ground, easily killing one hundred monsters, then a wood staff appeared in her hand, glowing with green energy, and she charged into battle. A black scythe appeared in Jaxson’s hand and he followed Lizbeth. The others looked at each other, and charged in following the other two, with weapons in hand.

The friends were taking down monsters quickly, but they were getting overrun. Jett gave a last burst of energy, and lightning smited seventy-five monsters. The remaining twenty-five monsters ran away into the trees.  

But suddenly, the magicians heard a hunting horn, and another army, this one of around two thousand monsters. The friends, out of energy, started retreating to the base, throwing up walls of their element as they were walking back. But then, things started to go wrong. Hounds of darkness ran behind them, shutting off their retreat to the base. Monsters started bypassing the walls.

Then the kids heard a roar from the sky. A white dragon with electricity arcing through his body descended, and landed next to Jett. It stomped forward, killing a ton of monsters. It’s arrival gave the kids hope, and they followed in the dragon's wake, killing with renewed energy. Then five more dragons flew in from the sky, helping to kill all the monsters.

Jett shot forked lightning, Lizbeth summoned rocks, Gauge blasted water, Aries summoned fireballs, Kathryn shone light, and Jaxson faded into shadow and reappeared behind other monsters, finishing them off quickly with a strike through the body for the final kill.

Then, one monster spoke out. “I challenge your leader to single combat,” it said with a hiss. The other monsters parted for him. He was humanoid, with a green scaly body and a wolf’s head. “Come forward, or is he a coward,” the monster taunted.

Jett stepped forward. “I accept your challenge!” he said, loud and clear. The monster waved his hands, and a large circle was drawn on the ground, maybe thirty feet in diameter.

“These will be our boundaries,” the monster said. “Prepare to die.” With that he charged. Jett rolled out of the way, and struck back with his sword. The monster parried. Jett shot electricity at the monster, but every time, the monster just raised his hands and absorbed it. After trying a few times, Jett rolled back. Then he raised his sword and yelled. A bolt of lightning came down from the sky and hit the monster. The monster shuddered, electricity crackling through his body. Then, to Jett’s surprise, he started laughing.

“Do you know why our master enlisted me and my brothers to fight you?” the monster asked, still while laughing. “It’s because each of us is invulnerable to one element!” he said. With that, the monster charged. Jett shot bolt after bolt of energy at the monster, but each and every bolt had no effect on the monster. The competition was going to be decided by swordplay, Jett thought. He was worried, because the monster had way more experience than him. But Jett kept fighting off the monster while casting spells, hoping that one would affect the monster.

Though Jett held his own against the monster, it was obvious that the monster had way more skill. He pressed the attack, and Jett was hardpressed to defend. Jett decided that spells were hopeless, and he focused all his energy on the swordfight. With this new energy, Jett held out a little better, but the monster was still better. He got one strike in, cutting a long shallow cut on the monster’s side. The wound dripped green blood, which steamed on the ground. The monster struck with a hard overhead strike, and Jett blocked. Instead of withdrawing his sword like he normally did, the monster kept pressing. Jett defended with all his strength, and it was a standoff.

Then, suddenly, the monster lowered his head and charged Jett. Jett was bowled over. The monster raised his sword like a dagger over his wolf head. Briefly, Jett noticed that the cut he made was not there. As the monster brought down his sword, Jett closed his eyes, bracing for the killing blow.



























© 2017 Niketh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

s weet s weet this is amazing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excuse the bad grammar please

Posted 7 Years Ago


see you tommorow and I love the new chapters niketh!!! I already joined the group


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great book! Can't wait to see the rest

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sounds like the maaking of a great book,enjoyed both chapters

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Niketh

7 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2017
Last Updated on March 10, 2017

Author

Niketh
Niketh

RedwoodCity



About
I love writing fiction novels about different worlds! more..

Writing
Unknown Unknown

A Story by Niketh