02 It Will Find a Way (Prequel)

02 It Will Find a Way (Prequel)

A Chapter by Blake Thomas
"

(Prequel 2/4) We get a little bit of insight from the two good Lords...

"

                The campfire built by Garro was now blazing, casting shadows in the moonlight. The three warriors and the two lords circled around the warmth. Magic has been telling the warriors all about Dr. Ratzo, his plight, and his recent fate. Kunorosko was the only one who seemed to be following. Garro was asking questions after every sentence, while Lonx stay hidden from the fire light, a few feet out of the circle. He said nothing as he cleaned his pistols.

                Garro interrupted to ask a question, “So, when you three came to be… born, or created, or whatever… You just instantly gathered all knowledge of our world?”

                Magic nodded, “I don’t know how to explain it either… But it feels like I have been alive through all of it. The whole life of Earth… As crazy as Dr. Ratzo was, he somehow knew what he was doing when he created us. Well, except for Dark turning him in to dried corpse.”

                Garro continued, “Why did Dark do that? Why did he just lose all control instantly?”

                Magic looked in to the fire, “I don’t know the full answer to that, either… I suppose the best theory I can come up with is that, like me, he instantly gained all the knowledge of the world. Dr. Ratzo gave him too much power. I think he knew that. I think he also knew the state that the world is in now. It was the best time to strike. Dr. Ratzo was his only threat besides us. We cannot kill each other, however. That’s how we are balanced out.”

                Garro remained silent long enough for Magic to fit a question in, “Kunorosko… What is this temple? Will it really be able to hold the Dark Lord in there forever?”

                Kunorosko looked in Magic’s direction, “I don’t know the full history about it, but I know it was created for a scenario like this. To normal people, it is just an old, ancient temple… The temple is said to have the power to drain strength out of any evil being. It will keep them weak. I am the one who sealed it, and only I can release the seal.”

                The questions went on for another good hour.

                “Let us just hope that he never gets out of that temple. His powers are too strong, and his intentions are only destruction.” Magic said, conclusively.

                Later on in to the night, the fire released nothing but smoke. The five were gone, leaving nothing but a smoking pile in the middle of the dark field. The temple doors were sealed shut, but in the moonlight, one may have been able to see a thin line of black smoke trickle out.

                Several years later, and the Dark Lord was still in his tomb. The world was nowhere near its state before the war, but it was progressing. Some areas have seemed to almost start over a new timeline of their own. Cities were started over in western times, some even in the medieval times, with the use of sword and blacksmiths. These cities still possessed all of the new age technology from the past years, but it was scarcely used. However, other cities were progressing the new technologies. A wanderer of the lands could pass through one town, in awe of hovering vehicles and floating buildings, and in just the next town, men on horses for transportation and log cabins.

                The Earth was filled with scattered timelines, whether it be because of greed, poverty, or even just a desire to live in simpler times.

                Deep in the heart of a medieval town, a man slept in his small hut on the corner of town. His hut was very visually separated from the rest of the city. It seemed out of place. This was presumably by choice of the owner.

                Inside the hut were rows of bookshelves filled with all kinds of books: Books on magic, battle, history and weaponry. They were all there. There wasn’t much other than the books. There was a small desk in the corner of the room that held only several piles of books and a candle that was just put out, raising a stream of smoke in to the damp air of the room.

                The winds blew strong that night. An occasional gust would cause the windows to rattle momentarily. During one of these gusts, the heavy front door even budged open a bit. The moonlight shined on to the floor in a line expanding across the room. A thin line of black smoke rolled in to the room from the new opening. The smoke moved as if it were alive, and more eerie, as if it knew exactly where it wanted to go. The smoke trailed to a bedroom in the corner of the hut. Actually, this was the only bedroom in the hut. A man lay sleeping in the bed on the far end of the room. He tossed and turned a little bit, after being woke up by the new breeze in the air from the front door. The line of gas danced up the leg of the bed and spread out across the sheet at the man’s feet. It continued to seep up towards the man’s face. The smoke hovered around his open mouth. The man took in a deep breath in his slumber, and the smoke was gone. It was now in the body of the man asleep in the bed. His body stopped moving from his breathing. His eyes opened immediately.

                



© 2012 Blake Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha, excellent. Had me spell bound.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Added on November 30, 2011
Last Updated on February 13, 2012


Author

Blake Thomas
Blake Thomas

Keizer, OR



About
Okay. I just trashed all of my old writing on here to open the door for my newly refined and rewritten works. I am mainly working on two novels right now. One is a Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy called 'The.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5