Ch.3

Ch.3

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady

          The next day, Morgana walked purposefully towards the west wing. Following the twists and turns, she then halted in front of a door. Smiling, she carefully and softly pulled it open.

          Sunlight was pouring in through the open windows, illuminating what was now an unused bedroom. The bed was off to the far right, and Merlin stood by the middle window. He was lost in thought.

          Merlin sighed. He wondered why he loved the Lady Morgana. This was a complicated and dangerous thing, he knew. She could play him, very possibly. Or Uther could find out, and he would have Merlin killed. Then a light touch on his shoulder made the raven-haired servant jump.

          Shock raced through him as he saw that it was Morgana. But along with that shock came a deadly pleasure. Morgana looked into the boy`s eyes and saw that pleasure. She smiled, not a leer or anything close. A soft, gentle smile that was nevertheless a mask of her true evil hatred.

          "What is it, Merlin?" She asked, cocking her head with false but convincing curiosity.

          "I didn`t expect to see you here, that`s all..." Merlin`s voice trailed off. Stepping back, he beat away his feelings. "I need to go." He gasped weakly. Knowing that he would not resist, Morgana let her face fall. Now sadness was reflected in those blue eyes...

          "I see. But can`t you stay?" She asked, giving him a pitiful, pleading look. Merlin gulped softly, she could see his adam`s apple bobbing. But he caved in to her will, stepping forward again. She looked through the window, away from him. Merlin was resting his hands on the windowsill, but he kept glancing back at her.

          Morgana smiled, and over the next hour got Merlin talking about his life. No questions about Uther`s secret plans or such. Not at all. She let the boy talk about everything and anything he wanted. How Arthur was being stricter than usual, Gaius`s snappish attitude. Morgana took in and remembered every single word. She felt herself warming to the many troubles that he had.

          Looking at her, Merlin wondered if he had been wrong. Maybe she truly cares about me. He thought. At this, a tiny but intense shiver of pleasure tingled his spine.

          "Well, I need to get going." Morgana announced at length. She felt slightly disappointed. Merlin sighed and nodded. "I`ll come back, if you want." She said, and he heard the question in her voice. Nodding gladly, he smiled. That was all she needed. Turning, she slowly walked out. The heavy door shut behind her, and a smile filled her eyes.

          Wait. I like him? She wondered, confused. 


© 2010 Arya_the_elven_lady


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this chapter. I like the way Morgana was going to use Merlin but has now warmed to him a little. I was beginning to think she was going to act the b***h but she seems to have a conscience in there somewhere. well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think u should add a bit more detail of how their relationship has grown once they talked.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, that b***h. I suddenly don’t like her again. Isn’t she the one that’s terrible in the books?
Play on words is so great in this one. Personification is showing to be a strong point as well. A smile in her eyes? Wow, that’s some amazing writing right there.
Nice job. I wanna know what happens next. I’m hooked. When you write more to this book, send me a read request. I don’t think I’ve ever asked for that before (maybe once before, I think). I didn’t think I would like this book but it turns out that now I wish that I had read it sooner. Nice job.
PBP


Posted 13 Years Ago


Twisting....Good
Roxi

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2010
Last Updated on October 15, 2010


Author

Arya_the_elven_lady
Arya_the_elven_lady

Cleveland, OH



About
I am a young girl who is happy to chat. I love to write, so please comment on my stories/poems. I hope you will be my friend. In honor of Loraine: If you have a true friend, copy and paste this in.. more..

Writing
Ch.1 Ch.1

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady


Ch.2 Ch.2

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ch.5 Ch.5

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady