Ch.5

Ch.5

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady
"

5th chapter is here.

"
          Merlin was sitting on his bed that night. He looked over at his window, thinking obsessively about Morgana. Gaius had diagnosed her with a terrible fever, and brought her to his study rooms. There, he had said, he could keep an eye on her condition.

          Now, Morgana was asleep just downstairs. Worried, Merlin had been awake all night, thinking about her. Sliding off his bed, he crept down the cold, stone stairs. Beams of moonlight, white and otherworldly, shone through the windows. Coming to the bottom of the stairs, Merlin saw that Morgana was alright, silent and still save her weak breaths.

          Forgetting all about sleep, he moved over to her, sitting down and holding her hand. At the touch, Morgana opened her eyes, seeing him. Without knowing what she was doing, she sat up, and he wordlessly helped. Supporting her with a steady hand on her back, Merlin held the King`s ward to his side.

          Morgana sighed softly, relaxing. Sitting up helped to clear her mind, and she turned her gaze to Merlin`s face. He was looking into her eyes with an unreadable expression.

          Hello, Morgana. He whispered in her mind. A gasp of shock came before she could stop it. The mind touch was totally unexpected.

          Merlin! You have magic? She asked, the shock replaced with curiosity. Reaching out, Morgana felt the distinct warmth of Merlin`s mind.

          Of course I do. You never knew? He thought, confused. And Morgana looked back into her memories, then realized how obvious that fact had been. Merlin could see her embarrassment.

          To change the subject, Morgana spoke out loud. "Why do you care for me? I have betrayed you many times." Shame, true shame, flooded her heart. Merlin could feel that. Sense it.

          Shaking his head, he sighed. "All I know is that I care for you. That much I do know. Why, or how, I do not understand." Softly, shyly, he slipped his arms around her waist to pull her into a warm embrace. Morgana looked up at him, smiled, twined her fingers into his.

          Again, Morgana reached out to Merlin through their bond. Closing their eyes,
they felt warm and glad, rejoicing at the touch.
         
          Merlin?

          Yes? What is it?

         
What will happen if Uther finds out?

          Merlin looked deep into her eyes, seeing the love reflected there. Sighing, he replied. "It is a great risk for us to be together." Then, assuming that she would not want to see him anymore, Merlin stood and started to leave. Morgana blinked in alarm, not expecting this.



© 2010 Arya_the_elven_lady


Author's Note

Arya_the_elven_lady
Things between the two are heating up! Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

sorry for all the quick-quip comments but every time i post a long one they are always cut off and i don't know the text limit to comments. So please don't take them as me hating your work because i don't -i wouldn't keep reading if i did, lol- i enjoy it :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I just loved it. I havent noticed any grammar errors or anything so im sorry if you need help with those. Im really into the storyto notice. If you need that sort of a checkover ill come back but i didnt notice any and i usually do. This is another excellent chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


sorry for all the quick-quip comments but every time i post a long one they are always cut off and i don't know the text limit to comments. So please don't take them as me hating your work because i don't -i wouldn't keep reading if i did, lol- i enjoy it :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

""It is a great risk for us to be together." Then, assuming that she would not want to see him anymore, Merlin stood and started to leave. Morgana blinked in alarm, not expecting this." -here are two viewpoints in 1 paragraph. The dialogue is unnecessary as both already know this, so better to have one of them muse on this fact instead. "blinked in alarm" should be replaced by a better showing reaction verb (Morgana shivered, trembled, started

Posted 13 Years Ago


"You never knew? He thought, confused. And Morgana looked back into her memories, then realized how obvious that fact had been. Merlin could see her embarrassment." - 1st part of sentence 2 is redundant, as one's memories implies looking back since memories are always of one's past. Could be broken up as thus:

You never knew? he thought.
Her memories stirred, and she realized then how obvious that fact had been. Of course! She felt her cheeks flush.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Intriguing development between these two. I enjoyed this, though I would have preferred a longer chapter. I do have a "teacher" comment though: while reading this I noticed several times sudden shifts in character viewpoints, a few of which are not "possible" because of sentence structure. What i mean by this is while the reader is in Merlin's "head" and thus has his view of things, there are several times where Morgana thinks something or reacts inwardly where Merlin, and thus the reader, would not know unless they were in Morgana's "head" instead.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really loved it! Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh gosh that's terrible. I wonder what she came down with. But seriously it's kinda weird that it escalated that quickly to love. Maybe if you expanded that.....
But it's really well done. I like it a lot. Nice job.
PBP

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this is very good! I want to read more!! :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting... I like it. Fits well into the theme of the show.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome I love it really getting into it lol! I can't wait for the rest!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2010
Last Updated on November 9, 2010


Author

Arya_the_elven_lady
Arya_the_elven_lady

Cleveland, OH



About
I am a young girl who is happy to chat. I love to write, so please comment on my stories/poems. I hope you will be my friend. In honor of Loraine: If you have a true friend, copy and paste this in.. more..

Writing
Ch.1 Ch.1

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady


Ch.2 Ch.2

A Chapter by Arya_the_elven_lady



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


churning desire churning desire

A Poem by Aven