Katra

Katra

A Story by NecroNinja91
"

Bored Moments

"

-

In the middle of Winter at the base of the Caucasus Mountains lay the home of the most famed women warriors in history, the Amazons. Within this village can be heard the screams of the Queen Andromache as she births her first child, a beautiful baby girl; it is also on this night that this child is taken by a group of Greek warriors.

As the child lay sleeping and the mother is sleeping the Greek make their way into the village, their swords at the ready, and into the queen’s holdings.

On that night, as the cool air blew through the village, a Greek male made his way into the nursery and, dispatching the sleeping nurse, he took the child.

-

Nine, I’m nine today …

These were thoughts that ran through the young girl’s mind as she awoke that morning, stretching she heard the rending of fabric and looked down to see a large rip on the side of her thin gown. At the sight of the large hole he full upper lip was pulled back over her teeth in a sneer that, though it would have been hideous on any other, could not mar the beauty of her cherubic face.

Nine and I awake in rags after a long sleep in the hay … a lovely beginning …

Climbing from her bed she went to the door only to have it open in her face as the Master made his way into her chamber. Cringing from the large man, she backed into the wall and tried to edge her way around him without being seen; she was not to be so lucky. As the Master saw her he reached for her with one large hand and grabbed a fist full of hair, using that hair he pulled the small child toward him.

“You thought to escape me, heathen? You will not be so lucky. Today is the auction and you are to look your best, you will make me more than any that have come before you.”

As his words echoed through the near empty room she winced in remembrance of the auction and just as that look faded yet another was to appear as the Master yanked her from the room by her hair.

-

Please, please, don’t make me do it …

Yet, the thoughts could not be heard as the child stood before the room of both men and women in nothing but a green paplos. She knew, though, that she had no choice …

Closing her eyes, a single tear slipping from the corner of her left eye, she let her paplos fall to the floor.

And the bidding started …

-

Not him, I don’t care who ploíarchos has chosen for the morning as long as it’s not him …

Ten years later her petite form sat curled on the edges of the bathing pool, her eyes closed as she shivered at the thought of the man …

“W***e! You’re first appointment is here, prepare yourself.”

Wincing at the words she rose from the bathing pool and shivered as the cool air hit her body, the newly form scars along her back still sore as she straightened. With each step that brought her closer to the bedroom, the gold bands seemed to tighten.

Stepping into the room, she felt as though she couldn’t breath as she saw the large man sitting on the edge of her bed.

Why, ploíarchos, why him?

Coming to the bed she whimpered as the servants grabbed her from the rear to lift her, two by her shoulders and another two by the gripping of her buttocks, up to the hooks at the top of the bedposts. As the gold bands at her wrists and ankles were latched to the sharp, inverted hooks they released her to merely drop and be caught by said hooks.

Her joints having been jarred she looked to the male and as he turned to her she was again struck by how very handsome this cruel being was, and just as she parted her lips to speak he raised his right arm and brought it down, whip in hand, over the tender flesh of her abdomen.

Crying out at the blow she prepared herself for the pain to come.

-

Her whole body, broken, dripping blood onto the silken sheets of the bed, she shivered …

And then she screamed …

“You stupid w***e!! Stupid!! Look at what he has done to you this time, how will you work? For the clients you will be disappointing, w***e, five more days with out. Do you hear me? Five more!!”

It’s already been three, ploíarchos; do you wish me to die? I can not make you money dead either …

Still the words went unspoken, she did not need to add more to the lashes to the beating that would come once she was healed. As the door slammed the servants took her from the hooks and laid her on the already bloody sheets; she closed her eyes to the pity they held with their eyes.

As they left her, Xaryk entered. He was the only one who could enter and have the only signaling of his presence be the closing of the door. Her eyes still shut, she listened as he neared.

“Katra, look at you.”

“I cannot Xaryk, can you not tell to lift my head would only further the pain. Perhaps you could help me, I do love seeing what that hideous man does to my body.”

“At least you heal it all, Katra. You do so without our help and in a matter of hours.”

“Do not speak of that as if it is a good thing, Xaryk. The only thing it brings is a worse pain, as the whip rips into virgin flesh with every beating.”

And so it went every time he came to tend her, every time he entered the room it was to chastise her.

As if I choose this life …

Suddenly she felt him lift her and it took every last shred of her willpower to not scream out. Bracing herself against the pain she felt and the pain that she knew was to come with her movement she turned to look at him askance, but he was paying her no attention. Not trusting herself to speak without screaming she merely looked in the other direction to see just where it was he was taking her. Shocked she watched a panel in her chambers open and it was into that darkness that he took her.

-

“One day, Katra, and look at you. You’ve healed.”

Shaking her head she stood to straighten the gown that he had acquired for her the night before. She still couldn’t believe she was gone from that place, and in an inn. She’d never been anywhere, but the castle.

He had saved her; though she was still unsure of the consequences of his actions she was grateful. Lifting her cloak from the bed she draped it over her shoulders and held it tight about her as she headed for the door.

“Where is it you think you are going, Katra?”

“I am leaving …”

“Not with those gold bands you’re not, they will show all what you are.”

And with his words fear tore through her; not at being found out, but at being without her bands. They showed ownership and without ownership any and all had the right to her. That fear must have shown in her eyes as Xaryk stepped toward her to wrap his arms about her. He never made it that far, she flinched away from him, her eyes going dead.

“I am a fýlo sklávos, a sex slave; I cannot be without these bands. To be without these bands is to be free and to be free, for me, would be to die in a way that you cannot even imagine. At least with ownership they cannot use me to any degree they wish, without these bands their torture and use of my body should they find my brand will know no bounds.”

And then she saw it, the pity within his gaze; it was that pity that drove her from the room and into the streets.

-

Does it have to be so cold? Could the gods not grant me one day without some kind of torture?

Shivering she made her way through the mountains, the slick muscles of her legs flexing as she climbed over the many boulders that lined the mountains base. It had been five years, five years of freedom and learning to fend for herself in the harsh nature that was so far from civilization she was never seen.

As she searched for food, her spear in hand, she heard the sound of feet in the underbrush. As those sounds registered, as she turned around, she was hit.

Ye Gods!

As she hit the ground, her head snapping back and against the surface of the rock, the breath was knocked from her lungs and whatever had hit her was no where in sight.

Sitting up, her breathing labored, she looked around. She saw nothing, absolutely no one was near. Suddenly a tree’s branch began to bend and from that branch fell a woman who had to be taller than her, a rare thing as she topped six feet.

Failing to keep her curiosity reigned in she stepped nearer to the female who sat on the ground, dazed. Coming to stand before the fallen one she watched her for a moment before clearing her throat to gain her attention, but as the other looked up they both drew a sharp breath in through their teeth as shock registered upon both near identical faces.

-

32 AD, midwinter, the princess sat upon a large horse, her long black hair pulled back and held from her face by a strip of leather.

Katra so loved her steed, Hipp, he was the only thing normal in her life anymore. The granddaughter of the god Ares, one of the few to come from an affair he had with a fury, she was immortal. She had not aged one year over nineteen; her features still young in appearance, her body still strong and limber. She was happy.

It had come as quite a shock to find that the mighty Amazon were her people, they were her family. Over the years she had learned to fight, learned to defend herself against any enemy; through it all, she still could not rid herself of her past, could not hide from what she had been. She still could not find love, nor could she find happiness when near any man.

I am broken. Be happy, you b*****d, you broke me.

Her anger welling within her she rode hard for the village, yet the anger was not at the fore. All of the bitterness, the pain, the violation; it was all there as she rode Hipp with no thought for her safety or that of the horse.

-

“Greek!! There are Greek heading for the village!”

As those words were heard her blood turned cold, her sword falling to the ground at her feet. Turning toward the direction that voice had come from she was met by her sparring partners sword, the flat of the blade slapping hard against her abdomen.

“OOWWW!! Aello, you imbecile!”

The other girl growled before lunging at Katra, her hands wrapping about her throat. As the two women rolled about on the ground they fought with such malice that you’d think them enemies when in reality the two were closer than sisters.

As Katra pulled back her right fist to give Aello a hard blow to the jaw a male sandaled foot came into view and Katra stopped cold, only to receive an upper cut to the chin. As she lay on the ground rubbing her jaw and grumbling to herself the man came to stand over her and as her gaze followed the line of his body up to what had to be the most beautiful face she had ever seen on a male a sharp pang of desire tore through her. It was so unexpected, she had never once felt desire for another, especially not this level.

The male’s deep voice resonated through the air and sent a shiver down her spine.

“What are you doing, little Warrior?”

-

She lost herself to that man, lost her heart to love, only to get three years with him.

At the end of those three years, the very day of their wedding, they were attacked by a large band of demons.

She watched him die, watched three demon rip him apart.

So distracted by the sight of the only man to have ever loved her, the only being to ever give themselves fully to love her, she was bitten.

Infected.

-

This modern world is such an odd place. Never did I think I would be able to talk to someone through a damned piece of plastic, but here I am.

Looking at the cell phone in disgust, her sneer flashing elongated canines, she shook her head as she returned it to her ear only to hear the woman on the other end b***h.

© 2010 NecroNinja91


Author's Note

NecroNinja91
A work in progress, not yet complete.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
Added on October 28, 2010
Last Updated on October 28, 2010
Tags: Amazon, History, Myth

Author

NecroNinja91
NecroNinja91

Defiance, OH



About
Okay, here's me .... in a nutshell ... - I love my daughter I love my baby I love my family I love my friends, especially those who are pretty much family - I love to write I love to draw .. more..

Writing
Kore Kore

A Story by NecroNinja91


Alanna Alanna

A Story by NecroNinja91