Chapter 2 Into a New World

Chapter 2 Into a New World

A Chapter by NinjaShadowWolf
"

Malo in a new world that is not earth.

"

I opened, what I thought was going to be the whole wall, but it turned out only to be a small section like a door. The room was empty, nothing was inside. It looked rather creepy and beat up. There was mold hanging from the ceiling. You could tell the room use to be white, but now it was an old greyish, green color. Plants grew between little slits in the concrete. The walls dripped with a liquid, I really hoped it was water. I turned to face the classroom to make sure no one was out there, if I was caught in here I might get into really big trouble. I faced my attention back to the room. However, when I looked back there was a single chair in the room. It was a plain, dark wooded, roughly made chair. The room was already strange enough, but then it had to go and add a chair. I heard a sound behind me, i turned to see my mingy teacher opening the door to the classroom.

“Mister March! What in blazing hell are you doing!” She shrieked. I didn’t want to face that face. I quickly closed the door of the room I was in. The door made a clicking sound, it must have locked. I pushed on the door to check if I really was locked in the room. I could hear no other sounds from the other side. scared and frustrated feeling flooded over me. I turned back to the room and slid down to the floor hugging my knees. The room had again changed. The chair had been moved to the far left corner. The ground was cold and uncomfortable, the chair would be a better place to sit. I deeply sighed and got up to go sit in the chair. It was comfortable for being who knows how old.

For a while, it was silent, which was nice. I needed it. Everyday of my life was noisy, I was sick of it.  It either consisted of fighting, or talk about things no one else cared about. This was a moment to be enjoyed.

I could, suddenly, feel the ground beneath me shaking. I tried to get up to move, but I was to late. I was falling, probably to my death. I have made a fatal mistake. I close my eyes, it’s ok it was all going to be over soon. However, I hit the ground sooner than I expected. My eyes fluttered open. I groaned, rolled over, then pushed myself up. I looked up to see where I had fallen was only a few feet up. I looked around to see I have ended up in another room. The walls were painted royal blue and the tiles were black and white. At one side of the room there was a fancy, old-fashioned, wooden door. It had no door knob or lock. I looked back up to see that the hole had sealed itself up. I just accepted my fate as, I am going to shrivel up and die somewhere down here. I walked up to the door to inspect it. I opened with no trouble at all. It lead into another room.

“What’s with all these rooms!” I yelled dramatically. Inside there was not much, except for an elevator and some stairs. After everything else that has happened, I was done with falling, so I eliminated the elevator. The stairs seemed like the safest, best bet, I was going to get. I walked towards the stair questioning all of my decisions. A tiny light flickered above the descending, twisted staircase. It was painted raven black and everything else around it was pitch black. The first step I took made an eerie sound. I hesitated in taking the next step. About ten steps in, I look to see that the room I was in not to long ago, had vanished. This was not new to me though. In fact, I half expected it. I continued on, as there was nothing I could do about it. At least, I don’t think there was.

For a while, I felt like I had been going down for several years. These stairs never seemed to end.

“This is a waste of my time.” I rolled my eyes still continuing down. By the time I was about to give up all hope, a light had appeared. It must have been the bottom of that awful staircase. The black painted stairs, started turning into gray stone stairs. This lead to yet, another door. This one was also wooden, it was surrounded by roughly, chiseled stone. I pulled on the handle, which was just a large, steel, ring in the door. I peeked to check out the scene. I ended up inside a beautiful castle. The colors of red and gold lined the halls. I could see no one in sight. I stepped out into the hall. It was a large sized castle. Pictures of kings lined the halls. I followed them, reading each little gold plate telling about the previous kings. I turned the corner to see the throne room. Many citizens were lined up, with many different items in hand. Some of which I’ve never seen before. They went in one after the other presenting gifts to the King. Some were, specially made fancy vases or dishes, some of it was food, caught or grown, others were live animals. I made my way into the line. I wished to see what this was all about maybe ask some questions. I was in between a man who had a cow with weird horns and 2 tails, and a woman who had several satchels full of fruit grown at her farm.

The man had gone, it was my turn. I entered the room where the King would be found.

“Where is my gift?” A mighty voice startled me. I gulp and looked in the direction of the King. I panicked as I didn’t have anything with me. I left my satchel behind in the classroom.

“I don’t have one…” My voice faded to a whisper.

“ You don’t have one? Then why do you come to me! I give all you lower class food, take care of you, and make sure you do not starve, but yet here you are young boy, and you do not have a way to repay me?” The King bellowed. This man was getting on my nerves.

“Look man! I do not have a gift, because I don’t come from here. I just came down a staircase, that lead into your castle. I don’t even want to be here. Also, I don’t think you deserve a gift. These people could survive quite well without you!” I huffed and turned around to leave. The King stood.

“Boy! Stop! I demand to know your name.” The King demanded. I turned to him.

“Malo, my name is Malo.” I continued on my way.

“Guards. Arrest him, put him in the dungeon.” The King calmly said. He then continued to accept the gifts of the people.

“Hey! Let me go!” I yelled as I resisted going. “ You’ll never take me alive!” I screamed. I finally gave in, as I was tired from all that walking down those stairs. They dragged me down to the cold, wet, rat infested dungeon. The halls were dark, and most cells were filled with human and rat bones. It smelled like even death would die down here.

They threw me into a cell, with someone who I thought was dead.

“Hey, someone is dead in here!” I called out to the guards.

“Leave him there. There is no help for him anyway.” The yelled back. I gulped, surely this wasn’t how I was going to end up.

“I’m not dead.” The guy suddenly spoke. I leaped back.

“Dear goodness! You scared me!” I slammed my hand to my chest. “You’re not dead.”

“Yes, that what I just said.” He spoke again. “What are you in for?” He asked picking up a rat and taking a bit out of it. My jaw dropped, and I almost lost my breakfast, although by now it would have been supper. I didn’t make eye contact with him.

“I yelled at the king. I guess that’s what happened and why I am here.” I shrugged. “ What about you?”

“Oh, I killed a guy.” He said bluntly. I just nodded, back away slowly, and smiled. “ I am so sorry where are my manners. You want some rat? It’s fresh!” He smiled, all his teeth were pink and look very unhealthy. I felt very weak stomached.

“No, I am good. I didn’t eat too long ago.” I smiled awkwardly.

“Well, better get use to this meal, we rarely get feed down here.” He spoke. He looked tired. “My little man house is over here.” He pointed at a hole in the wall. “If you want some rat, don’t hesitate to ask.” He slinked away. I was creeped out.

“Creep.” I snarled. I moved closer to the entrance, perhaps they’d come back for me, maybe they would realize I didn’t belong in here.  I began to realize how much I would miss it back at home. My parents may not be missing me, but I do sort of miss them.

“Get the boy. He’s wanted. The main castle guard called down to the dungeon guards. I struggled against the guards. Their strength was far greater than mine. My body grew weaker and tired from fighting back. I resorted to asking questions.

“Where are we going? What am I wanted for?” I yelled. The guards ignored me and my yelling. I, due to my stubbornness, kept asking questions. I asked them questions all the way to where they dragged me. Sadly, I couldn’t have a front view, so I had no idea where we were going. I did manage to somewhat memorize the way. They dragged me into a room, the floors were covered with marble tiles. I was turned around, facing that man I saw in the throne room. Apparently, he was some sort of king here, and a very big deal of a king. I was in the courtroom, placed also in front of many citizens who were part of the jury. Why I was here, I did not know. I haven’t even done anything wrong.

“Silence! The Judge shall speak now.” A man with a rather high pitched voice spoke. It was surprising. The Judge turned out to be the king himself.

“Get this boy a lawyer.” The King said. One of the guards stepped out of place. He pulled out a tie, from thin air, and tied it perfectly around his neck. Then, he pulled a briefcase out from under a chair. He was kind of like the world’s first insta-lawyer.

“Good. Now let us begin.” The king said. “Calling to court the first witness.” The King got up and went down to where the witness was suppose to sit. He pulled out a pair of old foggy glasses, a grey, curly wig, and and a pretty bandana with flowers all over it.

“I saw it all.” He tried to sound like a frail, old lady, but he sounded more like a manly, old lady.

“He didn’t follow the wonderful laws that our perfect King laid out for us. After all he did for us, saving us in our time of need. Didn’t his parents teach him anything!” He coughed. I just rolled my eyes. The king removed the wig, bandana, and glasses, then returned to the top.

“Do you understand what a felony this is? After all I, I mean your King, as in I, have done so much for you. Saving my people from killing each other, freeing them hunger, giving them a fantastic ruler to make sure nothing bad goes wrong, and also justice! All I, I mean your King, who is also I, only asks in return is a gift. It could be anything, as long as you treasure it. Is that to much to ask, especially from someone who saved all these lives and future ones to come.” He sounded worked up. I sighed. I opened my mouth to speak.

“I did not give you permission to speak now did I!” He yelled.

“May i have permission to speak?” I asked.

“What was that? That was just horrifying what you just did! I thought I told you only just a second ago that you did not have my permission to speak!” His face was red with anger. I couldn’t even believe a person like this existed. I wanted to just straight up yell at him, but that would get me into more trouble than I was already in. You could tell, the King was done.

“Put the boy away, his final is tomorrow.” He whispered to the guard. The guard nodded with no emotions to be shown. I was dragged back to my cell, I couldn’t understand what just happened.



© 2016 NinjaShadowWolf


Author's Note

NinjaShadowWolf
I understand I need paragraphs, this is the first of the 2nd chapter. I have yet to have it edited. I'd love for someone to give me ore ideas. Am i going to quickly or not enough. Am i missing something? Anything would be great.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 21, 2016
Last Updated on March 21, 2016
Tags: earth, Malo, fantasy, another, not, evil


Author

NinjaShadowWolf
NinjaShadowWolf

CA



About
I am a female adult, not feeling it though, have the mentality of a dark 10 year old. I'm not interested in dealing with the real world, I'd rather stay out of that. I have been writing ever since I w.. more..

Writing
Socks Socks

A Story by NinjaShadowWolf


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by NinjaShadowWolf