YCT Intro

YCT Intro

A Story by Maureen V. Hanover
"

Check out my contest with these characters!

"


Christmas lights and Chinese lanterns strategically placed around the cabin set a soft glowing aura upon the wooden structure. 10 girls sat around, attentive, listening to one another. Two were adults, but only barely out of childhood, and the other eight were the latter. There had been another - a ninth, but she had left some time ago. Even without her, the girls were a kaleidoscope of names, race, and personality, and got on best they could, for they were all stuck with one another, enjoy it or not, for quite a while.

Of the older two, the first was a blonde, with her hair preferably in two long braids. She was curvy, as most all the other girls were as well, and a bit round in the face. She was kind and compassionate about each of the other younger girls, and with the next, best friends, and went by the name of Hannah.

The next was a dark skinned, haired, and eyed girl called Asha. She was amazingly pretty, with expressive eyes, long and dark lashes, and this particular lady was one of the lifeguards. She cared a considerable extent about her job and tried as hard as she could to become friends with the younger girls.

The first of the younger girls was a tall thing, with long blonde hair and a long face as well. She was a bit shy of the others, and had another unique name - Athena, after the greek goddess, as one might infer. But there was another reason as well. She found in common with another girl, a profound love for horses.

The second among these nine younger girls was half black and half white in race. She had moderately short brown hair, naturally faded at the ends into a nice burnished blonde-red. She was hysterically obsessed with other’s eyes and disliked her own, even though they were golden brown like amber. She had a beautifully bright personality, some might say overly hyper or too bubbly, but really, this girl, call her Tessa, was just as jaded, more than you would be able to tell without her telling you so.

The third girl Kylie was even shyer than Athena, mostly sticking to Athena and herself. She was often trying to hide her emotions from the other girls, besides when Devotion came around each night. She was a skinny girl, extremely so, and her blonde hair was as blonde as any.

The fourth was cousin to one of the others, and she was called by the name Olivia. She had moderately short brown hair and a long face, one of two of the only girls there to wear glasses. She loved things to be orderly and routinized and she would be the first to jump at the chance to sweep the cabin every night. She was though, appreciative of any fun chances that came along, as any one person might be.

The fifth one was the latter’s cousin. Her name was Josie, and she as well was a naturally bright and happy individual. She loved and cared for her friends as well as anyone else would ever be able to and so she was always given back the same by anyone. Josie was shorter than the rest of them, with moderately long brown hair, tan skin, blue eyes, and a round, happy face.

The sixth one was tall, like Athena, and she too was unnaturally slim. Her hair was cut to almost maximum short, in a ring of sorts around her head. Besides her brown gold hair, she too had blue eyes, and one of very few to sport freckles. This girl, by the name of Tennessee, was spunky and happy, and made friends seemingly with anyone she met straight away.

The seventh, she was round, and beach-blonde. She was karate-crazed, by lessons she took, and was often more forceful than she always meant to be. She still was one not entirely grown than the rest, retaining to interest and actions. Her name was Adriana, said “Anna” instead of with an “ah”.

The eighth girl you will learn more about her character-wise as you go through the story, but she was curvy, and had short, brown hair, hazel eyes, often mistaken for plainly brown, and was the second and last to sport glasses of the group, going by the name of Mo.

This is the story of these girls and their short time together.

© 2018 Maureen V. Hanover


Author's Note

Maureen V. Hanover
All of this is true. It is my own experiences during one week of my life.

Check out my contest with these characters!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on June 18, 2018
Last Updated on June 19, 2018

Author

Maureen V. Hanover
Maureen V. Hanover

MI



About
Relatable teenager who has a spiritual connection with rhinos on multiple levels. more..

Writing