CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

A Chapter by Nix is typing...
"

The sixth chapter of "Phoenix Parker"

"

6  

I had to walk outside before I took the call.  

“Dr. Jorgen Meyers,” the man quickly said as soon as he picked up the phone.  

“Yes, hi, this is Pheonix Parker, you called me and left a message saying that it was urgent.”  

“Yes, uh, Miss Parker, my name is Dr. Jorgen Meyers. I have some unfortunate news for you. I’m going to need you to come to my office soon.”  

“Where?”  

“3456 Peachtree Avenue.”  

I was confused, wondering if I should trust this joker or not. I went back inside and grabbed Danny. “Drive me to a guy’s office.”  

He had a confused look on his face. “What?”  

“Take me to some guy’s office.” I squeezed his arm. “You’re the best fighter I know, you taught me everything I know, please? It’s just in case something goes down,” I hit him with the Bambi eyes. “Pleaseeee, it’s my birthday!” I looked at him sincerely. “Always and forever?” I held out my pinkie hopefully.

He rolled his eyes and slowly nodded his head. “Always and forever,” and linked. We got in the car and started the engine. I texted Olive and Lizzy that we were leaving for a bit and we’ll be back later.  

“Where to?” He asked.

“3456 Peachtree Avenue, let me put it in your GPS.”  

“Wait, that’s a hospital.” His brows furrowed.  

“It is?” My heart started speeding up when he said that.  

“Yeah, when I was younger my . . .” his voice trailed off while I was stuck in my head. Were my parents okay? Were they still alive? Oh my god, I didn’t even get to say I love you before they left for their anniversary dinner. Their anniversary was the day I was born, so when I told them I wanted to hang out with my friends for my birthday, they took that as an opportunity to go out on a special anniversary date.  

It took us about an hour to get there. We walked in and walked up to his office. Within thirty minutes, this man I didn’t even know destroyed my world and ruined my birthday. The only words I remember were:  

“I’m sorry to say Miss Parker, but your parents were in a car accident.”  

“What? Are they okay?!” I asked, my tone calm, but I was freaking out on the inside. My parents were extremely cool, as long as I wasn’t doing drugs, getting pregnant, and was doing well in school, they let me do what I wanted.  

“I’m afraid not. Your parents didn’t survive the car crash. They collided headfirst into a large, jacked-up, GMC truck, while in a ‘63 Corvair Monza Convertible Spyder. The truck ran over their car, which had the top down, with them inside. It crushed all their bones, and the bone fragments stabbed their internal organs, killing them instantly so they didn’t feel anything.”



© 2021 Nix is typing...


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on January 10, 2021
Last Updated on February 7, 2021


Author

Nix is typing...
Nix is typing...

Athens, GA



About
Uh, what can I say? Hi! I'm Phoenix (Nix) 🔥 Most of my poems are in my books :) except for Phoenix Parker, that's a book I wrote last year. Most of my writing is poetry, I'm always o.. more..

Writing