CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

A Chapter by Nix is typing...

8

After thinking back to that memory I slumped down in the Laz-E-Boy Danny had in his living room. Danny picked me up, and sat down on the chair, then sat me on the arm of the chair. “I know you’re scared, Brownie,” He quietly said, and hugged me. 

“No, I’m not,” I quickly argued, ”Just because Lizzy’s goons think that I’m the one that made her disappear, and they might possibly be after me, doesn’t mean I’m scared,” I take a short pause, “maybe. . . a little.” I lean on him. “I’m glad you’re here Danny.” I wrap my arm around his chest. “I heard a noise in my backyard. I thought it was her.” I thought back to that moment, I thought about what I would do if I saw her. Lizzy. Scathing memories of her filled my mind. I will never forget what she did.

She must have a problem, she really likes to stand on lunch tables. I always wondered why the teachers didn’t say anything. When we were seniors, after becoming friends with Lisa, she stood on the lunch table and spilled all my secrets to the entire school. She made it even worse when she lied to Olive and told her that I said that I really didn’t like her and that I was using her to get close to her brother. Which is . . . very much not true. Olive might have looked like a supermodel, but her brother looked nothing like her. Her brother had red hair and brown eyes. He was a year older than us. He was very rude too, and he’s a lot like Lisa, and I hate Lisa! Why would I even like Gavin? I tried to convince her that it was a lie but she rebutted with, “Lizzy is your best friend! You tell her everything and ME nothing! There’s no absolute way you aren’t using me to get close to Gavin! NO evidence proves against it. We’re DONE!” Olive stopped talking to me after that. Not a single day goes by that I don’t think about her.

I am a very secretive person, I barely share what goes on in my life and I only shared it with Danny and Lizzy, which was half a huge mistake on my part. I should’ve never told Elizabeth anything about my life. I should’ve never let her in. She told the whole school my darkest secrets and no one except Danny talked to me the next day. What exactly did she say? Ha, nice try. You don’t get to find that out. I write it down, but I’m not gonna spill my secrets to some . . . stranger. Showing up at school the next day was difficult, showing my face in front of the school was hard to do without hearing murmurs about me throughout the halls.

“Hey, I have an idea!” Danny lit up. “I thought of something that’s gonna make you happy,” He sung. “There’s a Haunted House in Athens!” He beamed at me.

I shot up, eyes wide, a grin on my face. “Really? Why didn’t you say so?!” I questioned, excited. 

“I grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him, “Well, what are you waiting for? Take me there now!” I plastered a grin on my face.

He laughed, “Okay, okay,” He agreed. “I’ll take you, and I’ll go through the Haunted House with you, I’ll be there every step of the way,” his voice got deeper, “you know, in case you get scared.” And smiled.

I then furrowed my brows, “Wait, is it a good Haunted House?” I wondered.

“Well, from the reviews, people have said that they pissed on themselves, and some have even joked that their friend disappeared going in the house,” he held up his hands in front of his face and wiggled his fingers, trying to be scary, “and they never came out, oooooooh,” I looked at him seriously, then we both burst out laughing.



© 2021 Nix is typing...


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on January 10, 2021
Last Updated on February 7, 2021


Author

Nix is typing...
Nix is typing...

Athens, GA



About
Uh, what can I say? Hi! I'm Phoenix (Nix) 🔥 Most of my poems are in my books :) except for Phoenix Parker, that's a book I wrote last year. Most of my writing is poetry, I'm always o.. more..

Writing