CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

A Chapter by Nix is typing...

15

I shot up from my bed, instantly regretting it. The pain in my right ankle was agonizing. It was difficult to breathe, I cried out in pain. Danny gently pushed my shoulders back down and laid my head back on the pillow. “What?!” I looked at him with tears of pain in my eyes.

“Remember when we went into that Haunted House yesterday?” He looked at me solemnly, I nodded slowly, “Well, we had a blast, making fun of the ‘scary’ decorations in the house but I constantly kept losing you, then when I finally found you one last time, I saw you walking out into the road. I tried to run after you, I called your name several times, but it was like you were in a trace. but by the time I got close . . .” he pressed his lips together and a tear fell out of his eye, “A huge semi ran straight into you.” His voice was breaking. “Oh, Phoenix, I thought I lost you!” Tears started to fall from his eyes, something I haven’t seen happen since Maw Maw died. 

I squeezed his hand, which hurt my hand a little bit. “Daniel, always and forever, remember?” My voice was gravelly. I looked into his teary eyes and weakly held up my pinkie.

He looked at my finger with a puzzled look on his face. I slowly lowered my hand and moved my eyes to the floor. Why didn’t he link? 

I tried smiling the best I could, My face muscles were sore.

I didn’t remember doing any of what Danny said we did. There was something seriously off.

“Daniel,” I croaked.

“Yeah?” His emerald green eyes were rheumy, bloodshot from the tears.

“I love you,” I confessed, “thanks for always being there for me when I need you,” I said sincerely. He picked my hand back up and squeezed. He gazed into my eyes for a second. I inhaled deeply, trying to breathe in his familiar smell. Then I realized that I couldn’t smell him. “Daniel, did you take a shower here? I can’t smell you anymore.”

His body started to twitch. “What, What are you talking about?”

“Your Apollo Axe spray and Old Spice deodorant, your signature scent. I can’t smell it.”

Then his body started to shake violently. “I, I, I, don’t wear cologne.”

I tried raising my neck and twisted my head to look at him. “Yes, you do.” This took so much more effort than you’d think it would. It was like I was in sleep paralysis, I could barely move, I could barely breathe. I started to freak out, the EKG started beeping faster. Was I really in a hospital? Was this real? What’s happening? What’s wrong with Danny? Was he having a seizure?

“DANIEL!” I squeaked. “Danny are you okay?!”

He stopped twitching. He sits erect, staring me in the eyes. I looked into his emerald eyes. Trying to focus on the tiny pupils in his eyes.

He had no pupils.

He opened his mouth as wide and as round as a bullhorn and these words came out:

“PHOENIX RIDE PARKER, YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED TO FIX THE HAUNTED HOUSE. YOU MUST FIND ELIZABETH JAYCE LOUIS BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT! SHE HAS CONTAMINATED THE HAUNTED HOUSE . . .” His mouth wasn’t even moving, It wasn’t even Danny’s voice. Not my Danny. It was a robot man’s voice.

But that wasn’t the voice coming out of him earlier.

The Haunted House wasn’t over.

That wasn’t Danny.

I wasn’t in a hospital.

I was still in the Haunted House.

And I wanted out.



© 2021 Nix is typing...


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on January 10, 2021
Last Updated on February 7, 2021


Author

Nix is typing...
Nix is typing...

Athens, GA



About
Uh, what can I say? Hi! I'm Phoenix (Nix) 🔥 Most of my poems are in my books :) except for Phoenix Parker, that's a book I wrote last year. Most of my writing is poetry, I'm always o.. more..

Writing