Clouds

Clouds

A Story by That Would Be Me
"

This actually is set on my elementary school playground. I was distracted by the clouds when I was writing a story, and this is the product.

"
Laughing, I roll down the grassy hill, into a panting heap at the bottom. I heave onto my back and stretch, bringing back my tired limbs to my body with delightful sluggishness. In the end, my hands are folded behind my head and my legs straight and crossed at the ankles. A sigh from the depths of my pleasure radiates from my mouth and spreads across the field.

I watch the scudding clouds travelling on their paths, never crossing. They simply are. Floating, gently across the sky. Would that not be bliss? No cares in the world. Simply floating. On and on, until your watery contents are loosed upon the world.

Why can't we all live together, peacefully attending to our own wants and needs? Like the clouds, rather.

But that is not to be. People apparently are always want for a little excitement, are they not? People can't be completely free either. They ask for freedom, but expect restrictions to hold them together.

And then there are emotions. We aren't human without them and they rule our every action. Could we stand to be as clouds? Could we stand to live peacefully, without love or hate? No, we could not.

And yet, what if we did?

© 2010 That Would Be Me


Author's Note

That Would Be Me
Mention if some things don't make sense, sometimes I forget that my mind is unfathomable to the inexperienced adventurer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 14, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010