Life Lessons and Weird Opinions

Life Lessons and Weird Opinions

A Story by Naomi Bianca

Life Lessons & other weird opinions.

Shoes & Tattoos (13/01/13)

I don’t think I remember a time where I didn’t think tattoos were absolutely awesome. Let’s note that I’m using the word awesome for it’s exact definition- extremely impressive and/or inspiring great admiration and not like ” hey duuuude you’re rad and awwwwesomeeee”. Now that we’ve cleared that up, let me continue by adding that I’ve always been fascinated in the bizarre and unusual aspects of the human life. Tattoos (at a younger age) had it’s place in that category. Sadly, it’s not the case anymore in 2013, tattoos are extremely mainstream and anyone can show off their lack of commitment issues by sporting permanent ink on their skin. 

However, I cannot say that this is a total bummer, let me try to explain this by sharing a little fact about myself. I tend to judge (tend is a loose word here since “tend” seems to apply a ratio of 65% to 80% but in reality I judge a 100% of the time) people by the shoes they’re wearing. I really do believe that a pair a shoes is like a “you concentrate”, a quick glimpse into someone’s personality. Not because this brand is better than that brand or these shoes cost more than these shoes therefore I like the person with the more expensive pair better. Hellz no. Since I currently have a huge addiction for cheap kicks that would be weird of me to value a costly shoe “better”.  

My point is, when I’m shaking someone’s hand and I’m supposed to be concentrating on the name exchange, usually I’m quickly looking down assessing if I’m going to get along with that person. I kid you not, it works. Some people might retort by saying: ya but what if I just don’t care about style and just go with whatever is on sale at Wal-Mart? Well, M. Wal-Mart, you just proved my point, this reveals a part of your personality that can easily be deciphered by looking at your shoes. That’s fine! Keep shopping in the sales section! I just already know that we probably won’t ever be best of friends. Therefore, no time wasting on both parties.

Alright, let’s get back to tattoos! This is the SAME thing BUT in a very larger scale. You can learn a lot by looking at someone’s tattoos. It’s like perusing through a magazine and choosing what you like and dislike. You know I’m right. You can smell the douchebag off of a tribal tattoo, especially if it’s accompanied by creepy large muscles and a tan…. and a UK accent BUT some girls throw their cats around at the sight of those type of guys. Again, difference in personalities, likes and dislikes. 

This is a major perk in the tattoo evolution, no time wasting, you can spot your personality type from across the bar without a hello. Some differences can be quite small to newbie tattoo readers but still can make a huge difference. Let’s take a sleeve for example, what I find sexy and punk rock is the arm covered in tattoos. Notice that I said tattoos and not tattoo. This is where my difference lie. I don’t find sleeves, as in one tattoo, intriguing and usually will get along and like the “tattoos” guy over the sleeve guy. 

Tattoos are now samples, previews of what’s to come and you can duck from useless conversations with guys who make you yawn by following two steps: Shoes and Tattoos. 

Notice that I’ve used the word guy all through this little life lesson, only because I am from the female gender but this trick can easily be flipped and used on girls alike. I do believe that my shoes and tattoos do indeed represent who I am. Humans aren’t that deep when it comes to the “outer self”, everything is out in the open, ready to be liked or disliked. Facebook got it right.

© 2014 Naomi Bianca


Author's Note

Naomi Bianca
Should I continue in this branch of writing. mostly opinions on the world

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on January 8, 2014
Last Updated on January 8, 2014
Tags: shoes, tattoos, opinion