Pilgramage

Pilgramage

A Story by NoblePariah
"

Just something I threw together while looking for contests, as inspirations for writing. This one had to be 55 words so take it with a grain of salt.

"

Pilgrimage

Icy Nordic air berated him on this quest, following the snowy road, his purpose to complete the pilgrimage. Reaching the altar, he carefully drew the carvings around it. He laid upon the altar and awaited his death by cold. His life he gladly gave to save his loved ones from the god of the land.

© 2012 NoblePariah


Author's Note

NoblePariah
55 words, just for sh*ts and giggles.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice for something so short.

Posted 11 Years Ago


NoblePariah

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
First of all, you really got yourself to a difficult challenge with this, but I certainly could picture the altar amidst the cold landscape. Now, I only have one true comment. In the last line you state 'to save his loved ones from the god of the land'. Do you mean the islamic religion here? It's not clear wether your character is a christian or muslim, but it's ofcourse very difficult to make many things clear with so few words. Keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


NoblePariah

11 Years Ago

Yeah it certainly was a challenge, I was struggling with the end, I kept going over 60 words and had.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 31, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012
Tags: short, story, pilgrimage

Author

NoblePariah
NoblePariah

About
I am a writer trying to better myself in the craft. I'm 22 and in college, pursuing a degree in creative writing. Please don't add me and send me a read request without reviewing a piece of my work. .. more..

Writing
Harmonicas Harmonicas

A Story by NoblePariah